Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen and white line

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit unusable - on the screen all I see if a white line . I rebooted and nothing helped.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Same issue - my charge is 19 mos old.  A watch should last longer than this.  Not cool, fitbit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing happened to me it is insulting!  why do i want to pay for another defective model-   

Best Answer
Exactly! I switched to an apple watch. Done with Fitbit. This was my third failure in this series. Enough is enough.
Best Answer
unfortunately i can not go to a apple, i do not have any apple products to use with it.
Best Answer

Bought my charge 3 last year. It has recently been going to the verticay white line almost every day or two. Each time I have to do multiple things to include several hard resets, click face change (never has fixed it on its own) remove and re-add device  Why does this relatively new Charge 3 keep doing this. It worked fine up till recently - past 2-3 weeks. Is there an update that has a bug or what? Have used Fitbit devices for past 5 years. Am tempted to look into another tracking manufacturer like Garmin. What gives Fitbit??

Best Answer
same issue but won't turn on other than white line:(
Best Answer

This has just happened to my Fitbit and it’s only 12 months old. I can’t do anything has had the white lines and now a black screen have tried everything said. Sounds like a fault in the charge 3? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mrstunn Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you with this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I noticed that you already have a ticket with our Support team so keep working with them to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you contact them? I have been chatting to Amozen who contacted them and said they can only offer a refund. But I can’t seem to find the same one anywhere and the charge 4 is double the price I paid as it was on offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rach2705 I hope you are doing fine.

I would like to help you with this but I would like to know more about the issue you are having with your tracker. Still you can reach out to our Support team here.

I look forward to your reply.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I checked the time and the screen went black, I taped the side and the low battery notification appeared with white lines. I tried to reboot and tried the suggested steps in the comments but the waiting 15 seconds isn’t working it won’t even get to stage two. I tried changing the black face and nothing. I have also tried to request support but am unable to, it says the customer support is unavailable but all the forums have given advice and troubleshooting steps that I have tried and are not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I checked the time and the screen went black, I taped the side and the low battery notification appeared with white lines. I tried to reboot and tried the suggested steps in the comments but the waiting 15 seconds isn’t working it won’t even get to stage two. I tried changing the black face and nothing. I have also tried to request support but am unable to, it says the customer support is unavailable but all the forums have given advice and troubleshooting steps that I have tried and are not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

8393D235-CD8F-44BB-BC10-79DABD22082A.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The picture is not very clear 

Best Answer
0 Votes

09B9F048-B3F4-45A5-B439-1F8E20738EE2.jpeg

 The picture is not very clear

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you advise me? 

8781C3F0-0222-4340-A37A-CD258C140910.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToniKH @Rach2705 I hope you are doing fine.

@ToniKH thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I have created a ticket for you too. You will be contacted via email.

@Rach2705 I could see that you have already contacted them so hopefully they were able to help you.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem also happened to me. I don't wear it to the shower, pool, or other water despite being water resistant.  One night I noticed it had a vertical beihe/white rectangular on the right hand of the screen, wouldn't display anything else on the screen, would vibrate. Permitted me to change clock face,  charge,  and update, did the long and force restart,  no happy gave this time. 3 yrs is a short life.span. Anyone else have a working solution? 

Best Answer

@Yvette.rugamas It's good that the community is growing.

Sorry to hear about this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I noticed that you already have a ticket with our Support team so please work with them to find a solution.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue now, I’ve had this Fitbit since August, and it’s not working. Was your issue resolved? 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes