Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display is fading

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge3 screen is no longer Black with white text, appears to be fading.

anyone have these issues.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Literally the same thing. I got mine the Christmas of 2018 and now it is starting to fade out. I can see everything but the time on the face of it. Is there anyone I can speak to about this? 

Best Answer

I’ve tried this several times with no success.

Best Answer

I've had two unsuccessful calls with support.  Last one was disconnected on their end.  No "magic" solution, the display is just burnt out (nothing showing at all after multiple resets, updates, changes to clock face, brightness mode, etc.).  This is either built-in obsolescence or a manufacturing flaw.

I have to spend my corporate fitness reimbursement this month... I'd buy another fitbit if they'd give me a discount as a 3x repeat customer, but otherwise will go with a Garmin this time.

Best Answer

My display is also very dim.  Ever since the update, things aren't working.  I have to look at my phone to see my step count.  

Best Answer

I’ve tried it multiple times without any luck.  It’s just sad because this is my 3rd Fitbit in 2 years!

Best Answer

Hi there,

I am having issues seeing my Charge 3 screen. I see others reporting the same issue I'm having. I can barely see the screen in a completely dark room. I tried resetting the brightness to AUTO but that didnt help. The screen is completely unreadable indoors or outdoors. It does track my fitness, though.  I rebooted the device 5 times with no effect. I like the Charge 3 but the screen is essential for stats, notifications, and clock.

v/r Bill

Best Answer

Which Garmin did you go with and how do you like it?

Best Answer

Hi. I also have the same problem and I have tried the above several times and changing the clock face. 

Best Answer

My display is still faded after restarting several times. What else can I do to try and fix it or where can I get a replacement please. 

Best Answer

it is a shame they just don't fix it or offer a replacement...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree!!! very poor customer service!!!--

Moderator Edit: All-caps and personal info removed

Best Answer

I left my Fitbit unused & uncharged for about 2 weeks. Then plugged it in. Ever since that time, it works, but only dimly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 is fading fast and has horizontal lines on the display. I've restarted and charged it. It's worse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Argh!!! Same here! First one died befor a year and now the screen on my replacement has almost faded to black. I assume they won’t replace it again (I also suspect this replacement might have not been new). I’m so frustrated. I have grown used to my Fitbit but I don’t want to keep going through the hassle!

Best Answer

no change at all,screen remains faded as before

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to this list. I've tried all the suggestions posted here and via search. This is obviously a common problem. Is Fitbit doing anything to address this issue?

Best Answer

You can count me in on this too.

Over the last few days the screen has faded. Screen brightness was set to normal, but it is now so dim that even in a darkened room I cannot read it, though I can see some image on the screen. When this happened to my charge 2 I was told it was water ingress. I've been very careful with this one, not wearing in the shower, drying after any rain, even taking it off and putting it in my backpack when if it starts raining while I'm walking (which, by the way, defeats the purpose of having it). 18 months old. Time for a new device, just not a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an exact same issue and contacted Support chat. They just ask you to do above "restart process" and if it doesn't work, they tell you that someone will email you. If your device is out of warranty, they will just to tell you to buy a new one on the email with discount code. I guess there is nothing else you can do about fading display.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 started to do this today I’m so disappointed this is my third Fitbit and only got this one because my first one lasted such a long time. I still have my One working but my Charge HR fell to pieces after  a long hard life! Is there any point in me contacting Fitbit? It seems I need to get a different watch. I’ve tried all the suggestions on here and it’s got progressively worse as the day has gone on. So disappointed! Only 18 months old! Wouldn’t recommend these any more although I’ve had a good run!

Best Answer

It took six tries but my screen finally is working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes