Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not holding a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone experiencing a fast battery drain after latest update on Charge 3? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Yeah I think it’s time to find a different tracker. 

Best Answer

I reset my Charge 3 the other morning and although its still not holding its charge. The battery is not draining as fast as it was. 

Re-setting of the Charge 3 has helped the battery problem although not fully.

I love the text and Facebook Messenger notifications as they come in handy for me as I have a 12%/13% hearing loss in one of my ears and have got used to having the notifications on the watch.

Only other thing is im on my 2nd Fitbit strap in the over a year of having the Charge 3 as the original strap cracked after about 9 months.

Darren

Best Answer
What do you do to reset it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Glad the reset made some semblance of a difference for your device.  Tried it several times on mine, didn't improve at all. 

Best Answer

To reset just charge as normal but hold in the side button for a min until the happy face comes up on your charge 3. Then re sync it with the app. 

As I said it dont fully fix the battery problem but it dose help slow down the battery drain.

Darren

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't help with mine no matter how often I tried. 

Best Answer

A little over a year ago, I had the  same problem with my flex. They offered a 25% discount on the Charge 3. Today I have the same problem again and they made a similar offer. I am done with Fitbit. Just ordered a LETSCOM fitness tracker from Amazon with 3 years warranty for $41 total. Never going back to Fitbit again. Activity Tracking Pedometer for Women Men : Sports & Outdoors
https://www.amazon.com/LETSCOM-Resistant-Activity-Tracking-Pedometer/dp/B0859BFRF4

Best Answer

Resetting my Charge 3 the other week seems to have only been a temperley fix. For my Charge 3 has this week started to drain the battery again and can go down to 51% by the end of the night and that's after I give it a full charge when I get up in the morning after I sync the change 3 with the app on my iPhone.

I don't think my Charge 3 has had a software update in a good few months.

Have even cleaned the back of my Charge 3.

Darren

Best Answer

I also will be switching.  Apple watches are $399 Aus Dollars or $499 for Sim enabled.  I paid over $200 for something that has never really worked consistently.  At least Apple watches are there for the long haul and don't have "end of life" built into them as "some" fitness trackers do.

jnine17.  My charge wasn't dying fast, it just wasn't charging up.  It's dead now and I can't do anything with it. Your options are to get your money back if you can or ask for another one if under warranty.  Either way, you'll probably be faced with another issue on the replacement - as I was twice.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

That is a garbage reply.  The settings on my Fitbit have been fine up until last night.  Turning off all of the features, which are the reasons that I have a Fitbit, is not an option.

Best Answer

Agreed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree it's a crap reply. I myself use most of the features and notifications on the change 3 and this thread should not be marked as answered.

My Charge 3 is will over a year old now but battery showed still last more than a full day at lest and now go to just under 50% by the end of the night. Some morning battery sometimes says it only has 45% charge left and that after I fully charged it the day before. I have to fully charge my Fitbit at lest Once a day now to make sure it lasts almost 24 hours before I have to charge it again. 
I could see battery drain if my Fitbit as 2 or 3 year old as battery down drain over time with age but it's not even 2 years old.

Fitbit really need to look in to this and maybe give all Fitbit charge owners a software update.

Darren

Best Answer

If you turn off all the features, as suggested, doesn't that make it a glorified watch? Your turning off all the features that made me purchase this version.This was working fine until recently  and then suddenly the battery is only good for a day. Seems to me the problem is that the battery isn't any good.

Best Answer
Exactly! Such a disappointing response from Fitbit 😑
Best Answer

I have a Charge 3

This same battery issue started in the wee morning hours last Friday 14 Aug 2020.

“ AND “ mine is ALSO a replacement Charge 3 that was supposed to have been a

" NEW “ replacement... the first and only one I'd had less than 6 months...black lines started to appear

( indicating the display was going out )

Best Answer

My Charge 3 got a firmware update yesterday that toke over 20mins and it now has some new features but its not improved the battery much. It still drains but not as much.

From full change in the morning till I ready for bed late at night. Battery will go down to near 50% and by time I get up next morning battery will be at 35%40%.

My charge 3 is now well over a year old and needs charged to full charge at lest once a day.
Im not turning off the notifications like has been suggested as I use the text, Facebook messenger and call notifications as they come in handy for me being about 10% deaf.

Why have a Fitbit with notifications if they suggesting to turn them off to save battery.

Darren

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't even get fit it to respond to me. I'm done with them, I'm afraid. I had to go back to my charge 2 with the cracked screen. Poor customer service 😢 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Yup. Mine is not even 2 years old.Started with all of the symptoms mentioned here, suddenly its not holding a change for more than 2 days. I contacted them, they tested it and finally said my fitibt was out of warranty and they couldn't help me. Now its not holding a charge for 5 hours... I won't buy one again and I'll be telling everyone I know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

have also just started experiencing this @AlejandraFitbit please respond.

have attempted your old instructions for the blaze but the app settings are no longer relavent.

Best Answer

I revived my Fitbit 3 battery. Part of the issue is that we all plug them into over powered chargers and.ports and do short charge cycles or too long of charge cycles. Mine suddenly was not lasting even 20 hours. So - here is the remedy that worked for me-(my Fitbit 3 is 2 years old).steps-

1)I charged it to 92% using my laptop usb port and an original fitbit cable. (Use the low power usb port). Do not go to 100% or use a high current charger.  This first trickle charger increased my life to over a day and 1/2.

2)  when you get about 20% repeat step 1 and go.1 or 2 % points higher 93-94ish. The second charge gave me to about 3 days.

3) you guessed it- go s bit lower than 20% and charge low current again to about 95% or better. 

Repeat this until you can get your full charge. I am currently on 4 full days and st 32% left ony.fitbit. I found my usb current limited (I think Amazon has them) so I am ready to go back to my normal recharge method of charging my Fitbit while driving- but using the current limited to avoid the damage from the 3A port. I hope this works - which it should for most.people- we abuse our devices and wonder why they fail- that 3A fast charge or that overnight charge seems like it should be so good for them but it is not.

Best Answer