Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 3 a little over a month. Last night my screen went blank. It was at 100% battery. It is still syncing with the app so I can see that it is still tracking my steps and sleep, etc. When I tried to restart it by placing it on the charger and holding down the side button for 8 secs. When I hold the button down it does a very quick pulse vibe about 4 times and then nothing. I've tried holding it longer than 8 secs also and still nothing. Very frustrated to be having this issue with a brand new product. Contemplating returning the one I bought my husband for Christmas and returning mine as well if not resolved immediately.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
620 REPLIES 620

Thanks to everyone who wrote with suggestions.  I ended up contacting customer support and they had me go through those steps to try and reboot.  Nothing worked.  I sent them a video of me trying to restart.  I would get the smiley face sometimes but the unit would not reboot.  As it was still under warranty, they are sending me a new unit. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue. I changed the clock face in the app. When it reloaded the screen was back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that. Worked for me. Clocks back and I'm on time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the info mine is up and running

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting Remedy!   I will try that next time.

will

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my charger on charge but when I took it off the face has gone blank but I can feel it is still vibrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue, I was trying to restart it without any success. The trick worked but you have to try several times and really hold the button during a long time. It’s very frustrating for an almost new device. 

Thanks for the help! 

Best Answer

AlejadraFit, mine has done this several times. It is quite frustrating and in truth it is to the point that the only reason I keep using it is its ability to sync with other programs. Someone please check this out.

Best Answer

Did you got it working? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue for the past week. What can I do to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine still not working, I've tried everything
Best Answer
0 Votes

Erinsond and GoldenGirl244:  My best suggestion is to keep on trying.  The sequence rarely works for me the first time and sometimes not even the 10th time.  Anecdotally, I think it has something to do with battery charge too.  My best success is after the fitbit has been charging for some time.  If you don't have the patience for this (which is entirely understandable), I suggest returning it.  My hope is that it is a software thing they will address, but I've been through 2-3 updates now and still have the issue about once every 2-3 months.

Good Luck!

will

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Fitbit 3 for my boyfriends son. It worked for about six months. After the battery draining fast it started getting lines through the face of it. I tried restarting it several times but it didn’t help. Now it is a blank screen and no matter how many times I put it on the charger and hold the button for 15 seconds, take it off the charger and put it back on nothing happens. When I Am holding the button while it’s on the charger it will vibrate twice initially and once at about the 15 second mark but nothing comes up on the screen. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
Hello. Mine did the same thing. No I can't get it to sync at all. I'm still
under warranty so I'm in the process of returning mine. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

15 seconds method does not work. Tried several times. Data is still being recorded & screen is still black. FRUSTRATING!

Best Answer

I sync mine really often, it keeps everything going.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sync at least twice a day. Didn’t stop problem from occurring. Still exists.

#FreshStartToday
Best Answer
0 Votes

Jlhcpa:

Yes, I agree it is frustrating.  This is purely anecdotal, but leaving it in the charger for a few hours does seem to help.  When I have the issue, I rarely succeed on the first try, it is the 5th or 6th.  My working theory is it is "confused" on battery level, so now twice a week I make sure it gets up to 100% and then I leave it in there for a good hour beyond that.  If yours is in warrantee, I'd suggest getting it replaced.  Mine isn't, and I've managed to get the issue to a tolerable level with the above process.  Good Luck!

will

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I pushed the button and it in til it lite up, so sorry you having problems, hope this works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I've been trying the steps to resent since morning, nothing is working out for me. its syncing to my app on phone but still shows the bank screen , little frustrated right now

pls help

thanks

Shals

Best Answer
0 Votes