Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 showing 001 error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 is not responding. Just blinking Fitbit logo on the screen. Cant reboot or do anything - it vibrates when I try to reboot.

FitBit 1.jpgFitBit 2.jpg

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around @troenaas@RiseAndShine and @Rich_Laue thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this 001 error by yourself and for the attachments. Since the restart process didn't work, I recommend performing a long restart by doing the following:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

@troenaas, welcome to the community. There's a thread pinned right at the top about this issue. You may want to look through it for additional info.

In general, this error will drain your battery real quick and once you place it on the charger, it will get back to life.

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @troenaas, welcome to the community.

Please see the pinned post at the top of the forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @troenaas@RiseAndShine and @Rich_Laue thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this 001 error by yourself and for the attachments. Since the restart process didn't work, I recommend performing a long restart by doing the following:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

That worked like a charm! Thanks!

Best Answer

Those are great news @troenaas, I am glad to hear that the instructions provided worked and that your tracker is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all the steps here as well as all the steps in help clock face remains on the logo and will not synch 

Best Answer

I did this but now the time is off

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rjokland, you need to sync Charge 3 with your device to adjust the clock. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.... Fitbit logo dots with 001 underneath.

Have tried multiple  of the attempts all of reset procedures found on the forum with no luck.

This started after performing a reset trying to clear the black lines across the display... Guess I should have left it alone.

Please open help ticket and send email regarding next steps.

This charge 3 is less than a year old and was bought at best buy to replace an abused and well-worn charge 2 (at least it worked)

Best Answer

Have you tried the process mentioned in the best answer, this is not the simple soft reset mentioned in the other places but a true hard reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have tried the hard reset with the 15 second button press, also the 8 sec button press as described elsewhere. I have also allowed the battery to fully discharge multiple times and then: simply recharged, attached charger and immediately attempted each hard reset procedure.

I still have the logo with 001 and the logo has several black lines through it.

Best Answer

Take a look at the other threads that have a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried the reset per AlejandraFitBit's post from 01-26-2019 @ 05:01. It did not work. Tried the reset per KateFitBit's post from 10-03-2018 @ 15:03. It did not work. Tried the reset per LizzyFitbit's post from 09-20-2019 @ 14:31. It did not work. Instead of reading dozens of pages that refer back to these same reset processes over and over, I called Customer Support. While on the phone, Cara had me try both the 8 sec and 15 sec resets again - to no avail (again). She is "elevating" my issue and someone will be contacting me via email within 48 hrs. If they offer some other process that fixes this issue, I'll post it here.
Best Answer

That did not work for me. Just co times to vibrate and not turn off. I’m not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer

Call customer service.

None of the reset processes found here worked for me.

When I spoke to customer service, they had me try all of them again. Once it was verified that none worked for my device, Fitbit offered a replacement Charge3 or a discount on any item...I opted for the replacement Charge3.

The new unit (without wristband or charger) arrived about a week later.

Customer service via phone was great. Forum support will keep running you through the same reset processes which may work for many issues - however none worked for my device.

Good luck

Best Answer

This didn’t fix the problem. It was working then this error come on and nothing will restart it. There are no green lights on. 

Best Answer

I followed these steps and got the smiley face- then what do I do? My Fitbit won’t sync or display anything but a line or the 001 error

Best Answer

i did all the procedure.

the smiley appeared on the screen, but after that it went back to nothing

Best Answer

I did all the restarts for Fitbit icon with 001. Smiley face but Nothing worked. No green light no battery icon..

Best Answer