Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync or update on computer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need to know how to update my charge but it won't connect. To my phone or my comouter

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anno very disappointing I had the flex and. It stopped working and they sent me out a new. One so I was please and then due to good customer service decided to invest more so I hope they solve It so I can stick with the brand 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
59 REPLIES 59

I too will be interested in any fixes for this problem as I find my new Charge 3 is very unreliable when it comes to synching. Sometimes it will synch, sometimes it won't, but lately it's more the latter.

Very disappointing and I certainly would not recommend the Fitbit Charge 3 unless they can improve it some way. 😞 

Best Answer

Anno very disappointing I had the flex and. It stopped working and they sent me out a new. One so I was please and then due to good customer service decided to invest more so I hope they solve It so I can stick with the brand 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same.  Did the firmware update a little over a week ago.  Now it wont sync to anything.  PC or android.  I even have the fitbit dongle for the computer and support said that's not supposed to work.... But they sell it???

Best Answer

Well. Hopefully. They get. Back to. Me. To fix it or to replace it soon need it as trying to train for marathon 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 quit syncing Dec.31 to the phone and to the computer dongle. Rebooting, tried all of the help suggestions. nothing working. New update installed on the third try before all of this quit working.

Best Answer
Talking with support now. This is frustrating to purchase their "most
advanced tracker" and they want to blame it on everything else. I'll reply
with what happens.
Best Answer

Please do

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are blaming it on everything right now. Oh it's your phone, oh it's
your computer. Then why did it work before the update? Why did I spend 7
bucks on the FITBIT dongle and you don't support it???
Best Answer
0 Votes

So what are they going to do if you are ruling all that out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
We will see, they are trying a few things. So far no luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just reopened the app and my charge 3 is now syncing. I am assuming they
did something, but it's working for now. Thanks for your help!

Edit: I thought I was responding to something else, so let me go over what my problem was since I didn't say. My Charge 3 stopped syncing on December 28. I tried all of the troubleshooting methods that are listed, including unpairing the device, restarting phone/fitbit, etc. After I unpaired the device it wouldn't pair with my app anymore. I then called the customer support number, since for other companies I've found that to be more successful than the live chat function. A very nice tech accepted the fact that I had done all of the troubleshooting, and I convinced him that it wasn't my phone's fault either. He escalated the problem, and then when I reopened the app later my device was added again. I had hard quit the app, so I'm not sure if was still trying and just took like 45 minutes, or if the Fitbit people fixed my issue. All I know is it is working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you. Do. To get live chat. With them. I can't seem. To. Find it .. Glad you. Got. It sorted 🙂 

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I just reoppened the app and my charge 3 is now syncing. I am assuming they
did something, but it's working for now. Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The end result was they escalated the problem to engineering. They will
respond via email with no time frame provided.

You can chat with support by going here https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US

look on the mid right and it will say get help? Let's Chat
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm. UK based. I think I'll have to contact. Them in the morning .. They better resolve this as ive recommended. The product to two other people before this happened. And they have also purchased. The fitbit charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope for your sake they fix it or replace it. I spent the money on them
since they have the top reviews. I understand everyone has issues but
seriously with this? Have it for less than a month and it goes from
awesome to just an expensive time keeper.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is how i got the windows 10 app to finally work at least once.  I removed every single blue tooth device (phones, dongles,  old charges, kindles etc.) to a distance of 20 feet or more.  I turned off bluetooth on all the devices also. Then I uninstalled the windows 10 app and went back to fitbit.com/start and downloaded the windows 10 app again.  Then I restarted both the charge 3 (via the reboot / under settings on the charge 3) and I restarted my computer.  It updated and synced. Miracle.  However, when I synced my device later via my phone the windows 10 app stopped working.  So....it seems that if the windows 10 app gets info via internet connection or data connection from a phone it gets confused and won't sync anymore.  That's my theory anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My desktop doesn't have bluetooth built in. I purchased the dongle, but I
will give those steps a try. I prefer to use my PC for syncing anyway.
Report back shortly.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey mine just synched and down loaded the data for the last four days! Not
sure what they did on their end?

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Soooo I'm. I the UK but had to contact the US team by saying. I was I. The US so. Chatted. Online and I'm getting a replacement sent out .. Apparently my tracker is broke from what they have said so. I'm still under warrenty. Luckily so hopefully the replacement does mot have the same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes