Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi, i just bought charge 3, and it can't be turn on. when i plug to the charger, it's only vibrate, i try to restart it, i pressed for 8 seconds then the smiling face comes up but then it shut down again.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JanCP.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to confirm if you've tried the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Change a clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?
  3. Long restart:  
  • Connect the device to the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration
  • The device turns off.
  • The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  • Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

I think you will need to return it to the store you bought it or contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Hastech, hope you're doing great! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! To test the screen: 

1. While the screen is blank, verify the device vibrates when you presses the button.
  2. Verify the screen turns on when you plug the device into the charger.
  3. Restart your device by following every single step provided here.
  4. If restarting the device doesn't resolve the issue, perform a long restart. See steps below:

1. Plug the device into the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  4. Remove the device from the charging cable.
  5. Plug the device into the charging cable again. 
  6. The smiley face icon appears on the screen. 

Thanks for you help @NellyG

If there's any questions, let me know! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi, I've tried all of these suggestions and my screen is still black. Are there any other options?

Best Answer

Mine is doing the very same thing. I have done a soft and hard reset but the fitbit will only come on in the charger.  When I take it out the face is blank and will not come on. 😩😩😩

Best Answer

I have changed the clock face, done the restarts, left the device on the charger over night to make sure it charges.  I am not sure what else to do.

Best Answer

Did not work

Best Answer

I've tried several time to do long restart and wont turn on. I even tired changing the clock face with the long restart and still won't turn on

Best Answer
Had to get a replacement but customer service was top notch!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Call them directly. Their service was awesome. Ended up needing a replacement pebble. Keep your wrist bands and charging cable. Give them a call. 

Best Answer

Hi I have done the hold button for 15 seconds.took of charger then put back on charger.Nothing happens and I dont get a smiley face

Best Answer

I ended up calling customer service and they are sending me a new one after I ship it back to them. It was still under warranty so give them a call

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whi did you contact to get replacement?

Best Answer

I contacted because I tried all the ways to reset and nothing worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you in the uk ? I cant find there number anywhere

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very bottom of this page should have an "about us" tab which takes you to another page, click on "contact us"  you should find customer service numbers there. They will assist you for sure. They are wonderful!! 

Best Answer

I have tried the hard reset and I still do not get any results. My fitbit is less than 2 years old. I do not get it wet, it is cleaned, and always charged. It vibrates when plugging in and holding down the button but nothing comes on the screen

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would contact Fitbit directly. They may be able to help. Mine was less than one year old. They seem to want to keep customers happy. Make sure to have any or all receipts on hand if possible.
They will ask you what you have tried to get your Fitbit to work. And if you haven't tried this-- go into app and under watch faces chose a different one. Then close off app after it has synced through your Fitbit. Sometimes changing something makes it wake up. It didn't with mine but I've read that it has worked for others.
If all else fails call Fitbit company.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same happened to mine I phoned fitbit customer services They made me try
loads of things with it when it wouldn't do it they sent me a new one
Best Answer

I am having issues with a charge 3 which is less than 3 months old. The watch was working fine until about4 Or 5 days ago when the battery ran down quickly. It now lasts 4 or 5 hours off a full charge. I have used multipmedifferent usb plugs as well as a usb connection to my laptop. It charges to 100%but runs down quickly. I have done multiple 8 sec restarts as well as multiple 15 sec restarts. Not sure is the battery just faulty

Best Answer
0 Votes