Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 Battery Draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 4 for a long time and I've never had a problem with it until yesterday.

It was working fine and at 49% battery before I went to swim practice and after a two hour practice my watch was dead. I've been swimming with my Charge 4 ever since I got it a few years back so this was an odd occurrence to me.

I let my watch charge last night and it was one full battery when I put it on. 30 minutes later I went to look at my watch and I noticed of was of 50% battery already. Another 10 minutes later and I checked the battery health again and it was on 40% battery.

When it isn't on the charger the watch is currently loosing about one percent battery a minute now. And it used to be surviving at least 5 days before needing charged.

I love the watch and it has preformed well over the few years I've had it but, I'm confused on why it is acting up now and how I can fix it since I've tried the recommended things today ready.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Just days after mine needed to be charged less than every 24 hours, the band broke.  I super glued it back on until I can figure out what I am going to replace it with!  Customer service says it's out of warranty and they won't do anything.  

Best Answer

It’s upsetting - I love the product. But how can I buy another with battery and quality issues? This should last way more than a year and a half!

Best Answer

+1 on the sudden battery discharge. This is my 3rd Charge fitbit but also my last. I like the minimalist aspect of the charge brand but the quality on these are not good. Time to start researching non-fitbit alternatives.

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me, just out of the blues, it started acting up. 100% charged at 10 am and by 1 pm, it is flat. Is it a joke? I have just ran out on my warranty and it is barely 14 months old. I think I will never buy a Fitbit again.

Best Answer

Experiencing the same thing from yesterday.

Lasted for 5,6 days but now the battery drains so fast and won’t last for a day. Tried rebooting and a factory reset but not luck. Checking the App but no firmware update yet. Would like Fitbit to address the issue. Also after I did a factory reset the battery stops charging at 87% and not to 100%.

Activated: 2020/12/26

Version: 48.20001.100.43

Best Answer
I gave up. Not buying another Fitbit. Still pondering what to replace it with 😞

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer
I’ve given up. Contacted their support and no help. So all they have offered is a 35% discount on next Fitbit purchase. Let’s just say they have lost a Fitbit customer for life. It’s not acceptable that a watch that’s barely more than a year old doesn’t last. They should then market it as such. They keep denying its firmware issue. There’s no other reason for the battery performance to be so poor.

Anyway I think it’s probably Apple Watch from now on cos at least when you pay a bit more you don’t feel so ripped off and having to deal with this every year.
Best Answer

I’ve given up. Contacted their support and no help. So all they have offered is a 35% discount on next Fitbit purchase. Let’s just say they have lost a Fitbit customer for life. It’s not acceptable that a watch that’s barely more than a year old doesn’t last. They should then market it as such. They keep denying its firmware issue. There’s no other reason for the battery performance to be so poor.

Anyway I think it’s probably Apple Watch from now on cos at least when you pay a bit more you don’t feel so ripped off and having to deal with this every year.

Best Answer

Ditto to everything you said. Like magic, the battery basically died at almost exactly 18 months. This is no accident-it is planned by Fitbit to get us to but a new one. I, too, got the 35% discount offer. No thanks.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me a week or two ago.  I jumped online to look at possible upgrades considering "old tech" is unfortunately a thing and I figured it was just time, as I have worn it very regularly since July 2020.  To my surprise, there was sale posted that is going on through 7/24/2022.  However, when I got back online today to order, the products that were previously listed for sale, had changed to other products.  The site gave no indication or warning that the sales of the products would fluctuate before 7/24.  Definitely a bummer, considering the two products I was deciding between went back to full price before the sale ended.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They just simply don’t last long enough to be worth it 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started having a problem yesterday. It won’t show the time on the face for more than a few seconds. Never had a problem with any of my Fitbit before

Best Answer

Exactly, was running fine until yesterday. So maddening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here too. Was working fine and then all of a sudden I started having problems with the battery. Mine is about 14 mo old.  So upsetting!

Best Answer
Mine also does not get phone calls or text messages.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please can I ask which trackers you found with a better long-term battery life? I have the same issue of rubbish battery life after only 2 years but finding it difficult to find reviews for trackers in terms of long term battery life. 

Best Answer
I called Fitbit and they replaced my charge 4

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I haven’t replaced with anything yet 😞 I like the Fitbit size and others are all so much bulkier . Just bummed they don’t address the issue but won’t buy again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
They exchanged mine for a new one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, they were not as generous with me, said it was out of warranty. )-:
Best Answer