Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 Battery Draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Charge 4 for a long time and I've never had a problem with it until yesterday.

It was working fine and at 49% battery before I went to swim practice and after a two hour practice my watch was dead. I've been swimming with my Charge 4 ever since I got it a few years back so this was an odd occurrence to me.

I let my watch charge last night and it was one full battery when I put it on. 30 minutes later I went to look at my watch and I noticed of was of 50% battery already. Another 10 minutes later and I checked the battery health again and it was on 40% battery.

When it isn't on the charger the watch is currently loosing about one percent battery a minute now. And it used to be surviving at least 5 days before needing charged.

I love the watch and it has preformed well over the few years I've had it but, I'm confused on why it is acting up now and how I can fix it since I've tried the recommended things today ready.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65
I think we just move on from Fitbit. no point
Best Answer

After almost 2 years of lasting around 6 days, mine gradually started to have less battery life until it was lasting only a few hours a day . In response to advice - not from Fitbit - I started letting it drain completely and then charged it for several hours. It now lasts around 2 days, so an improvement. I'm also going to try the advice about charging from a USB port. 

Best Answer

I did the latest download for fixes and an hour late my battery does not hold.  I go from 100 percent to 80 immediately and soon I’m at 10 percent.  So weird.  First Fitbit I’ve had that has done this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having sudden-onset battery drain issues. I wish I knew what was causing this! My Charge 4 is only 13 months old. 

Best Answer

Update on my Charge 4:  Though a bit late as I bought another tracker, I decided to try again last week with my Charge 4.  It was complete dead, so I charged it to 100% and synced back again. It’s been 4 days and it is still at ~80%.  Can’t claim that I fixed anything other than pulling it back out from drawer :)… But it does seem so far that if you drain completely and recharge it will work… keeping my fingers crossed, hope it would do the same if your try on your tracker

Best Answer
Thanks. Will try and see if it works for me. Thanks for sharing
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had initial problem with not holding charge after swimming,(after a year and a half of working fine), and then i left it charging for two days and it was not recording my steps. I got onto support. I had rebooted by going to settings-about-reboot on the device. The support guy got me to 

1. Put Charge 4 on charge

2. Hold in button for 8 seconds. Reboots and comes up with smiley face

3. Leave it to charge to 100%

Now it appears to be holding charge and recording steps. This is since yesterday evening. So appears to be fixed. If problem re-occurs will update this. 

Best Answer

Wow. Did you actually get a response after your initial contact with them  mine drained from 100% to 78% in an hour and I wasn’t wearing it.  Not buying another one of these devices. I’m getting a Apple Watch :watch:️ 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They did. They offered a discount for a new watch. No way was I going to bother with that. It is worth nothing given what we are all experiencing. These watches should come with a disclaimer. Good for only one year
Best Answer

Glad I read this. I’ve had mine for about 18 months and up until a few days ago it was working fine. It would hold a charge for basically a few days and I was charging it most mornings while I was in the shower and it would stay highly charged but not it’s constantly dying and barely lasting a day. As you put it, like magic it has just stopped holding a charge 

Best Answer

You've had better luck than me.  I've drained and recharged after speaking with customer service...didn't help.

Best Answer

It all seems like a scam now.  Some software that magically drains the watch. They are doing themselves a great injustice and just helping Apple.
No more fitbits for me forever. Just as well Apple just launched their new watches

Best Answer

Nothing will work. They will just try to convince you to buy a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m on my third FitBit and this is the issue that’s kept me going back for a replacement give or take every year-year and a half. It just started happening yesterday, and yes this is my THIRD charge 4, so 100% it’s a Fitbit issue and not something we are doing wrong. For anyone just experiencing it, Fitbit has been helpful with my warranty. They either send me a new one free of charge or give me money to purchase another kind. Just get in contact with them ASAP after you notice this so they can get you a new one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just checked and I got this one about Jan 24, 2022. Today is Sept 18th, 2022. Less than a year for this one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow quite a few posts now on this thread about sudden deterioration of the battery life to a point where it is unusable, which has also happened with mine this weekend, bought Feb 21 so out of warranty. The reboot recommended by customer support was as useful as a chocolate fireplace.  There are too many of these comments to think there is not a known issue but Fitbit clearly don't care.  Will do as another user has recommended and avoid buying another Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Exactly the same issue as you - after swimming! But unfortunately none of your steps worked for me - glad it worked for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having this problem today. Battery is losing about 1% per minute. Did the reboot, checked all the settings, nothing helped. Customer support is a joke. Completely useless. Told me the same thing about referring the matter to the warranty dept and wait for an email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same here as off this afternoon. Never any problem until today. I’ll get in touch with Fitbit about this tomorrow but am not keeping my hopes up after reading about the many previous experiences with this issue…

Best Answer
0 Votes

All they will do is tell you there's nothing they can do and send you a discount code for 35% off a new one. The discount code is a joke too because it's 35% off the list price, not the actual price you can buy it for. So the Versa 4 is selling on their web site, and at every major retailer, for $179. When you go to puchase and put in the discount code, the price goes up to $229 and then knocks 35% off that.

Best Answer
0 Votes