Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 - Yesterday's update is draining my battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After my Charge 4 was updates yesterday it is draining the battery in just hours where previously it would take days to drain.

I have turned off all that I can but it is still draining fast.

I just rebooted but not sure what that will accomplish.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Kathy 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity 

removed personal information

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

@Katbs54 , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and efforts. 

I assume that you already read this Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

If that is the case, please give our team a call or chat with them so that they can check your case. 

Here you'll find our contact infos.

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happening to me as well - everything fine but now device battery is lasting less than 18 hours. I've tried rebooting device multiple times, as well as the various disabling features in the "Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?" link. I made no changes to settings or the device between when the battery was lasting 6+ days (two weeks ago) and now when it doesn't last a day. What gives? Seems like others are experiencing this recently too?

Charge 4 battery dying in a few hours - Fitbit Community

Best Answer
I ended up buying a new one. Mine was a couple of years old and the
charging pins were in bad shape. I worried when it said I had to do
updates. I went ahead and shut down all I could and so far it has used 20%
of charge in 24 hours, but that is better than the 100% usage in 6 hours I
was experiencing.
Good luck with yours. Made me made that I had to spend $115 to correct the
problem.
Best Answer

So sorry that you had to buy another one @Katbs54. That's disappointing! 

Best Answer
It really is. Not sure what that latest update has in it but it sure messed
with a perfectly good Charge 4.
Best Answer

Same with mine...   any answers out there???

Best Answer

Hi everybody! 

Thank you for your messages, efforts and feedback. 

For those who haven't done so yet, give our team a call or to chat with them. They'll be more than glad to get a closer look at your cases. 

Here you'll find our contact options

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing exactly the same all of a sudden. 

Best Answer

Same with my Charge 4. Fitbit’s advise, buy a new fitbit. What a joke. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as the original post. I contacted customer support and their advise was nothing but buy a new one. What a joke. 

Best Answer

Are you referring to the Fitbit Charge 4 firmware update v1.100.76?

If yes, then thank you so much for reporting the battery draining issue.

Gonna ignore my OCD, and not allow the update.

Best Answer

I just received the notification, was tempted to go with the update, but will pass for the time being, given all I'm reading here. 

Thank you

Best Answer

Answer I received was...   out of warranty, buy a new one (but we will give you a 35% discount)...  less than a year and a half old!  I am calling BS!

Best Answer

Same response I got. I’m still bitter so I won’t be buying another one. 6 years of owning a Fitbit, that’s done. 

Best Answer

7 years for me....   all done...

Best Answer

that's why I came on here to see if anyone was having issues, I'm glad I didn't update and now I won't ruin a perfectly good one.

Best Answer

Yes that is the one

Best Answer

Did you purchase a charge 5, the upgrade, or another 4.  I thought they had discontinue the latter.  Thanks!

Best Answer

I went with another Charge 4. It did do an update as soon as I got it and I made sure and turn off everything I didn't use and the battery seems to last about 6bdaya which is what my other one did. I had to pay full price which made me mad, but it is the one I wanted. 

Best Answer