Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 - Yesterday's update is draining my battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After my Charge 4 was updates yesterday it is draining the battery in just hours where previously it would take days to drain.

I have turned off all that I can but it is still draining fast.

I just rebooted but not sure what that will accomplish.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Kathy 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity 

removed personal information

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

So exactly how do I uninstall the Sp02 app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ragtopmom 

Please check this thread on how to remove an app from Fitbit Charge 4

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/How-do-I-remove-an-app-from-my-Charge-4/m-p/4433036/highlig...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SchrodingersDog I hear you...

May be don't reinstall SpO2 at all and try...

It's painful, I am also very close to ditching Fitbit for the same reason.

Will keep checking if my charge 4 gets any better.

Best Answer

Thank you for this information. I have done this and I don't see an Sp02 app there. Only Spotify (which I removed), Gallery (watch faces), Wallet and How to Use. Hmmmm.... I tried to swipe as advised and there are no more.

Best Answer

This is my apps view.. 

Screenshot_20220902-224140.png

Check if u have taped the apps tab on top...

If u don't see it then may be you don't have it installed already... 

Best Answer

Hmmm.. also I see that my battery has drained after a "circuit training" session 40% down in 3 hrs... (Until the session it seemed back to normal)

😨🤬

Screenshot_20220902-085747.png

Screenshot_20220902-164725.png

Screenshot_20220902-194518.png

Screenshot_20220902-223748.png

  

Best Answer

Will try just removing SpO2 and see. 

Best Answer

It’s hard to understand how this can happen every single time there’s an update.  My first brand new Charge 4 only lasted six weeks until I updated it and it literally died. They sent me a replacement (I’m sure refurbished), which I had religiously avoided updating since receiving.  I use the device and app everyday, I don’t shower with it, and avoid getting it wet (aside from sweat).  I have taken great care to keep it in good working order.  Come Saturday or Sunday  (Aug 27 or 28) I wake up to a device with a black screen, put it on the charger thinking it just needs charging.  Nope, just unresponsive.  Well it doesn’t respond to any of the recommended resetting procedures, has a permanent black screen, side button vibrates when pressed, no Bluetooth connectivity, no nothing.  Is it possible the app could also be messing with devices even without the user updating?  CS could only offer me the 35% off as well, as I was barely out of warranty.  I’m at point now where I don’t think I should be buying or replacing a tracker annually.  My Alta HR lasted me years.  This is either unethical business practices or they have poor technology.  I don’t know anymore.  It’s too much money to throw away on a disposable device.

Best Answer

Well I tried with out spo2... Overnight it drained horribly 50%  

Earlier when I tried with spo2 it was standby I guess...

Of course disappointed. 😞

Screenshot_20220903-014449~2.png

Screenshot_20220903-072013~2.png

Best Answer

I too having issues around re-charging the battery. My current charged level is 50% and not getting any higher, even though the battery is undergoing a recharge for the last five hours.

Something is telling me FitBit update (in its software) is not quite right and is creating huge problems for us users...

I think I will wait until the next update and if its not forth coming then there are alternatives I believe.. 

Best Answer

Battery died just as quickly after removing Sp02. No tracking of anything (sleep, steps, heart rate, etc.) and it's only good as a watch for a few hours before it totally dies. I can charge it (unlike many others in this community) but it's not good for very long. Oh, and sometimes the time is off but it will synch with my app well enough to correct that. Finally found a watch and my husband put a battery in it. So at least there's that! Still waiting on FitBit to send me an email with my "ticket" status. Not holding my breath.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting. After the last screw up with an update, I figured I'll check first.

And seeing the reaction from FB... this was my first and last watch from them. 

I also work in CS and this is pretty shameful.

Best Answer

That update last year with spO2 I think did my first Charge 4 in.  My battery started draining quickly immediately .  So I disabled that and anything else I thought that would help.  Nothing did, and it eventually couldn’t last.  That’s why this last time around I avoided putting that update on my device, but somehow my replacement non-updated device still mysteriously pooped after this latest update hit. It doesn’t make sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is very upsetting

Best Answer
0 Votes

They said the exact same to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went back to my 5 year old gear S3 frontier. 

Surprisingly, Yes its still working! Just did a software update on it too. No issues(pun intended)

Best Answer

I gave my old one away to my mother since I had the newer one ... It works fine also...

Best Answer

Same problem here.  I've charged my Charge 4 at least 4 times in the last 24 hours, since I did the update.  This particular Charge 4 was a replacement to one that died after less than 6 months of use.  This one is not even a year old!

Best Answer

You are lucky you are getting 7 hours, I'm only getting about 3 hours or less!  This sucks!

Best Answer

Welcome to the FitBit Way!  ☹️

These devices behave in a way that would indicate they are intended to be disposable after the warranty is up so you can buy another.

They are designed in a way that expects you to effectively "rent" one really...  You pay for a new device every 12-15 months and they give you a discount to help move their older stock inventory but not their new stuff.  What they don't get is that if the software architecture was more reliable, the Premium service was more worthwhile and the devices didn't break so predictably, they would get more customer revenue without having to manufacture pebbles and deal with so many customer service issues and happy addicted-to-FitBit customers.

Maybe they do get it and we are the ones who don't...

Best Answer