Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 broken band connector

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The connector pieces between the hardware and the wrist band have broken. Looking at the watch, I'm not sure how you would be able to repair it. How do I go about exercising a warranty claim? This is my fifth fitbit watch, with only one claim for a wrist band. I hope this brand loyalty is acknowledged.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
139 REPLIES 139
My failures were spaced every four months—the third break was just past the
warranty period, of course. Amazes me that this flaw isn’t widely reported
in online product reviews by independent sources.
Best Answer

I brought a Charge 4 for my partner 13 months ago and the band has broken and according to their site it is out of warranty as it's over 12 mother old (JUST) and so they will not replace it.  Fitbit want $39.99 for a replacement one which l fine excessively over priced given the poor quality of it, so l have brought 4 bands for $15.00 from Amazon which appear to be just as equal quality to the ones supplied by Fitbit and even if they only last as long as the Fitbit band l feel that l have a better deal rather than being ripped off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Be glad it’s only the band that has a problem. In my case (and innumerable
others) it is the plastic connector on the Fitbit itself that crumbles or
breaks, rendering it entirely useless and unfixable!
Best Answer

One shouldn’t have to replace the OEM band just so it won’t break.

Best Answer

This just happened to me too. The connector just crumbled when I took the band off. It’s 17 months old. Useless. Has anyone tried their extended warranty on the credit card used to buy the charge? 

Best Answer

This as just happened to my charge 4 looking through solutions came across this page and wow I now see its a common fault. 
sadly my fitbit is just out if warranty but the cost if them looks like a way if just making more money out if their customers. 
i have a charge 3 before for a few years never let me down. 
my hubby brought me the 4 for Christmas 2020  first the charger didnt charge it had to get a replacement and now this part that the strap connects to gone. 
I have glued it but overnight its come  apart again. 
looks like looking fir a different maker 

Best Answer

Good day 

How do I contact them, my band connector broke a month after the warranty. So frustrating. I am trying to get in contact  with them to direct me as to where I can get it fixed in South Africa :south_africa: 

Ready some of the comments I see it a common thing that the connectors break just after it's warranty?

Any assistance will help

Best Answer

Hi @NicoletteL  there are no repairs for these devices. https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

did you file a claim with your credit card? i bought mine through best buy with my best buy credit card.. wonder if they would do anything

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is also glued together but now the actual band broke this past weekend.. that band i got in December SMH

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, absolutely!! But you just won’t see that reality on any of the review
sites! Which should raise a lot of questions right there!
Best Answer
0 Votes

doens't always work. they told me i had to mail mine back. I mailed in December 27 and it still hasn't reached their warehouse 😞 

Best Answer
Yes I went through that lengthy process once, as did my neighbor. You’ll
eventually get the replacement but they are in no hurry!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have to agree there.
Ive had to super glue my strap to yet my last fitbit no problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Great for you, but why should it be up to a credit card company to cover
the refund?

I would certainly post my own review gladly to a public site, but haven’t
found one. Professional reviews all praise the new out of box product, but
obviously aren’t looking for quick repeated failure and customer support
realities!
Best Answer

I have my suspicions about online reviews - I understand they can be gamed a bit.  But I too was affected by the broken connector.  My Charge 4 lasted pretty long (more than 2 years) compared to others who seem to experience the break just after the warranty expires.  However, it does seem to be a design issue.  I did take advantage of the 35% discount on the replacement Charge 4.  I had done a lot of research and really do like the Fitbit brand based on the various tracking items and the positive reinforcement I get.  Plus I have over 5 years of data in there!  

I have one suggestion for prolonging the life of the Charge 4: make sure you don't tighten down the band.  I also have a kind of small wrist, but I noticed on my prior Charge 4 that over time I wanted to tighten up the band.  I think that put more pressure on the connectors.  So I've resolved to keep it at the same tightness and resist the temptation to tighten down the band.  It still tracks everything just fine.  Only time will tell if this will work.  

It does look like the same type of connection on the Charge 5, so no improvement there.  Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Design is definitely the cause here. Traditional two-pin connector allows free movement without any stress between watch and bands. Suspect current design asserts stress between the joints for very small or very large wrist.

Best Answer
I agree. I have very small wrist.
I super glued my strap and it is still in place.
Wont buy another fitbit till they sort that fault out…

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was asked to takr a pic and upload it with a claim no that was provided. Still waiting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Waiting on them 

Best Answer
0 Votes