Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 broken bands

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband’s Charge 4, purchased in June 2020, broke where the band meets the tracker. The band is intact, but the piece on the tracker that attaches to the band broke off.

i bought new bands but nothing to attach the bands to the tracker. I looked for a phone number to call for Fitbit...can’t find one. I looked for warranty information and all I can find is that the Fitbit has to be returned for warranty.

My husband is currently using electrical tape to keep it on and he does not want to return it and be without his Fitbit for who knows how long. I am frustrated as this is a defective issue and we will likely have to just buy a new one for him. 

Does anyone have some suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community, @Jackie786 and @Odyssey13, thanks for the input.

Regarding your husband's broken band, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @Jackie786 and @Odyssey13, thanks for the input.

Regarding your husband's broken band, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

My band just broke this morning as I was getting out of bed. Fortunately for me it was just the rubber splitting and not the connector on the tracker as in your case. 

Fortunately for me I was able to get fitbit support via https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support and they were able to promise me a replacement.

Best Answer

Same has happened to me today. I thought it was just the band, but it the piece attached to the tracker. I just bought in May. 

Best Answer

Exactly the same to mine!!! Bought earlier this year!!! So disappointed 😞 

Best Answer

Fitbit has been great to replace mine and we are waiting on a new one to arrive. Hope you were able to get a replacement!

Fitbit is replacing my Charge 4, and I got great service!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Tried to see if i could reattach the two small parts that came off from the Charge 4 body but could not. Filed a case in the support area of this site.

Best Answer

@Jackie786 under replacement, do you need to send your defective item to them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did.
Support was very good for the step by step process and after providing pictures of the damaged Fitbit, they sent me a return label to send it back.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

i was sent this info on sunday them saying reviewed pics,  will replace asked for details and said i would get another email with return label... 

Then this am... another person asking for pictures... again i sent off and a copy of purchasr in May 2020... now have responded saying will send complimentary bands ?!?! Bands that wont stay attatched? Im a bit annoyed tbh. Been a fitbit wearer for years, shocking customer service. 

My product is 6 months old and can ONLY be worn with electrical tape holding it together, not a great advertisement for a company....

Best Answer

I would just go online and go to CHAT support - it will probably be faster. They can look up your purchase and see that it is in warranty. They can send you a link to the claim section and you can file a claim to get a new band. If it is something that broke off the watch face itself that the band attaches too you may have to send the face back to them for a new one. I have both issues: a band that gaps and a watch face that is unresponsive but vibrates all the time. So I need to file a claim for the band but send the watch face back for a replacement. Luckily, I still have my Charge 2 which I can use and in my opinion, is made better. Good Luck!

Best Answer

Have there been any updates since this post? Have you received your replacement? I have the same issue and have sent back the broken device. They have finally received it after almost 3 weeks in transit between USPS and FedEx tracking but I haven't heard from them yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a reconditioned piece last week, the bands came 5 days later. .so far
all good. Just frustrating the hoops i had to jump thru... including the
multiple photos, the original packaging... yet i get no such packaging
back 🤔
Best Answer

I did get a replacement.
Took some time but I was able to track the package and once it was shipped, did not take long.
Hope yours comes soon.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer

Thank you for your prompt replies Community Members. Jackie786, was the replacement "new" or "reconditioned" like Susanblue's replacement and did it come packaged complete? You mentioned it "Took some time...", would you mind saying how much time your process took from initial RMA to receiving replacement please? I believe these details, along with communication, are what 'customer service' is all about and how Google may improve with the recent acquisition of FitBit.

I received a dead pebble and bands after being specifically asked to send back the entire kit for RMA. I now have a refurbished dead device with new bands over a month after beginning the RMA process.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

It’s totally a defect as FITBIT used cheap plastic parts on the new Charge 4.  His happened to me and I too did not want to be without my devise.  I use it for my alarm so it doesn’t wake my husband. Good thing your husband taped it.  FITBIT has informed me today the they will not replace the device even though it’s still under warranty because it’s user caused.  They said this because I glued the pieces back on...which still didn’t fix it, so I glued the band on. So this is how they get out of honouring their warranty!  Total BS!  This is my 4th device because they never seem to last more than a couple year max....this one is not even a year old!

There may other companies out there now offer more that FITBIT now at various price points....so I will take my business elsewhere after all these years of loyalty. 

Best Answer
Yeah my "replacement" is too comming away....
Not impressed in the slightest. Im saving for another brand.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My strap broke on my charge 4 after about 5 months, it was a long-winded process but I got it replaced under warranty. Then a couple of months later, the new charge 4 got messed up by an update and that too had to be replaced under warranty. I won't buy a Fitbit product again as the whole process has been inconvenient and customer service has been extremely poor. I hear the new Garmin trackers are good but don't know how they compare pricewise, I will do a lot of homework and read reviews before I buy the next tracker.

Best Answer
Yes Garmin is where I am looking now. I almost bought a Garmin when I purchased my current Charge 4. I was annoyed at Fitbit then too. Like you something in the firmware made my Charge 3 stop working and it was out of warranty by four months. I should have followed my intuition then. Anyway, next time I will be looking at Garmin 100%.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer