Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 broken bands

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband’s Charge 4, purchased in June 2020, broke where the band meets the tracker. The band is intact, but the piece on the tracker that attaches to the band broke off.

i bought new bands but nothing to attach the bands to the tracker. I looked for a phone number to call for Fitbit...can’t find one. I looked for warranty information and all I can find is that the Fitbit has to be returned for warranty.

My husband is currently using electrical tape to keep it on and he does not want to return it and be without his Fitbit for who knows how long. I am frustrated as this is a defective issue and we will likely have to just buy a new one for him. 

Does anyone have some suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

Your Charge 4 might be under warranty, where they will replace it. Otherwise, there is a product which can save your device made by GOSETH, it’s not too pretty, but it will save your device from the bin this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have my bands super guerrilla glued on….holding strong for 8 months now. I will NOT be buying another Fitbit again!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Charge 4 band lass than 1 year old and has completely split and is broken.  Have had a digital watch for 10 years and only have had to replace the band once.  I would expect a complimentary replacement.  Will have to do electrical tape for now.

Best Answer

The same has now happened to me and I received a response that I just have to buy a new one since out of warranty. I was given a 35% discount code to use on fitbit.com, but it cannot be used on certain models, including the Charge 5 and there are no Charge 4s for sale on your website. This is not good customer service and like another former user, I will likely be checking out other brands of devices.

Best Answer
~Hali
Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: My repair of super glue & heat-shrink has held for 3 months. Of course the other side of the band is now broken, thanks to you #Fitbit. I did the same repair job, and now charging is tricky, but my device is now one year old. For the record, Fitbit does not give a one year warranty on a device they had already replaced once before.

Best Answer

Within 8 months my band was broken funny thing when I opened warranty claim page there is option to select India in Country option.C0D508C0-09CF-459A-A8DD-FE75835FFCDA.jpeg45EB1CE5-C085-4931-A847-A528446026A5.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The bands that come with the charge 4 are poorly made and prone to breaking. And I am sick of Fitbit changing the band attachments and charger every iteration. It builds the opposite of brand loyalty when previously acquired accessories aren't able to be used with the new version and it isn't easy to tell that that will be the case from Fitbit advertising.

Best Answer
I guess I will probably have to agree with you since the maker of the fit bit just wants you to replace the item instead of them actually changing the design flaw so the stuff doesn't keep breaking. A  great disappointment
Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me. I just received the same email about the 35% discount and unable to use this discount on certain models as well. I was happy with the 4. Anyway I thought I was because it hasn’t  been that long.. I didn’t wear it playing high impact sports such as volleyball.  I didn’t even wear it showering which apparently you could.  Very disappointed. Have to look elsewhere!

Best Answer

I have got the same problem and mine was only 8 1/2 months old when it snapped off. Like your husband I held it together by any means possible until it fell off when I was running. I contacted Fitbit (eventually, major task in itself to contact them) and was told I would get a new one. Not true they sent me a refurbished unit with 90 days warranty. As this is clearly a defective product I really think Fitbit should replace it with a ‘new’ one with full warranty. I have reverted to using my ‘Alta’ which hasn’t broke at all but sadly needed upgrading for my activity needs. I have sent Fitbit several emails and they appear to be ignoring me. The refurbished unit is still in the box they sent it in as I suspect the same thing will happen and it breaks and surprise, surprise I won’t have any warranty and be forced to buy another one. Can’t tell you how disappointed I am with Fitbit and their obvious lack of caring for customers.

Best Answer

This is a design flaw that Fitbit has brushed off as a “gap” in the band connection area. That does not at all describe the real issue: the tiny plastic coupling on the device side disintegrates. Happened to my REPLACED Charge 4 just TWO MONTHS after I received it. Fitbit says the warranty no longer applies and has the gall to offer a discount for me to throw good money after bad. Fitbit needs to admit this design flaw and fully replace these devices. Period. 

Best Answer

Ditto. It’s NOT a broken band. It’s the unit itself. I wish Fitbit would be honest that its design is faulty. Just replace it with a better-designed model and end our frustration!!. I don’t want a third faulty unit, or a small discount to throw good money after bad. I want a device that lasts more than two months. I want a company that is honest about its  mistakes. I guess I want a Garmin? 

Best Answer

don't buy one....wander over to the charge 5 forum and learn about the battery discharging issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are companies that sell bands that can work without the connector. I bought a "supcase" and so far, it works. When mine dies (and maybe before then) I will buy something else. Is Garmin the best option? What about whoop or one of the others?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Absolutely a design flaw. In fact they appear to have changed the design to an aluminum case with aluminum nip to screw into. At least on my wife's charge 4 that's the case. Unfortunately it also failed shortly after 18 months due to a battery issue. Nothing but a waste of money!Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem,  you would think after this is a known issue, Fitbit would figure out a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The body of my Fitbit charge4 broke two months out of warranty. Be aware that if you purchased your Fitbit using a credit card most card providers (banks) will extend the warranty by the same period offered by Fitbit so in most cases it extends the warranty from one to two years. Check the extended warranty clause in your card

providers agreement

Best Answer

I went through 2 Charge 4's with the same issue.  I have found using elastic bands tend not to stress the plastic too much. I think they considered this issue since the Charge 5 bands attach a little differently, but I'm going to use only elastic bands just to be safe.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my fitbit attachment just broke doing the laundry. What is the best way to get this repared or replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes