Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not registering sleep score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

On the app it no longer gives me a sleep score just 'simplified sleep details'. Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks x 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

With simplified sleep @Stephmiln you will not see a sleep score.

Bring up a sleep in question, under the simple graph you should see your answer? Or a response of we dont know.

Is heart rate on an sleep at least 3 hours long?

Best Answer
0 Votes

From reading other responses it seems to be a major fault.... With no apparent solution. It only gave me my sleep score twice which I found really useful and now it just does the basics. I've rebooted my fit bit and updated the app but to no avail! 

Best Answer

Hi @Lynnie123 are you also only seeing simple sleep?

Best Answer

Yeah just the basics... It only ever analysed and gave me a full sleep score twice and then stopped working 🙄

Best Answer

Yes everything is on I've not changed any settings since it last gave me my sleep score. It tells me how many times I'm restless etc but not deep or restorative sleep. I even tried different settings on my fitbit last night but it still doesn't work.... Any other solution? 😒

Best Answer

My C4 hasn't given me a sleep score in two weeks. However, today I got one. Why? Don't know. Haven't changed a thing in days. Seems like the ios and firmware haven't updated in a while, either. We'll see if this continues.

Best Answer

Funnily enough me too 🤣🤣🤣 just goes to show its tempromental 😬

Best Answer

Same thing here. Got my Charge 4 on Wednesday, had sleep scores on Wed nigh, Thurs night, Frid night, but nothing Sat night and Sun night. I’m disappointed 

Best Answer

Yup it's just inconsistent and tempromental which is a real shame... There's nothing you can do to resolve it other than complain to fit bit... As the Settings are the same when it works as to when it doesn't 🙄

Best Answer

I got sleep scores pretty consistently with my C2. When I got the C4 in late April, it was very reliable with scores until May 24. Since then, I got a score only 1 night. I'm not some newbie who is confused with settings and/or how to wear it properly. Disappointing.

Best Answer

maybe something to try but i loosened my Charge 4 for 3 days and wouldn’t get a sleep score. Last night I tightened it back to what it was before and I got a sleep score, I changed nothing else. I’ll try again tonight to see

Best Answer

Hmmmm interesting... I'm going to complain anyway and I think it needs to be highlighted otherwise it does not meet consumer rights 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not a bad idea, it does need to be highlighted. Also to follow up with my earlier reply, I wore it tighter again last night and got a score

Best Answer

Hello guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I understand how are you feeling and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this sleep score issue.

Keep in mind that you must see sleep stages to see a sleep score. For more information, see What should I know about sleep stages?.

If you see sleep stages but don’t see a sleep score:

• Note that it may take a few minutes for your sleep score to appear. 
  • Update the Fitbit app to the latest version. For instructions, see About the Fitbit app.

Let me know the outcome. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good... I tried that and again it worked for one night but not the next 🤣🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes

But if it won't analyse your sleep stages when asked to do so then it's not going to give you a sleep score is it? When you press begin sleep it is meant to do this but chooses as and when it wants to do so. So all I get is how much do sleep, how restless I was etc

Mine works 20% of the time which is a joke.

Do you have a charge 4? because as someone else mentioned they did not have this problem with previous versions of the fit bit charge 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lynnie123. It's good to see you here again.

Thanks for keeping us updated about your Charge 4 and let me continue helping you. Before anything else, let me explain that the "Begin Sleep Now" function in the Fitbit app is to manually log your sleep, however it won't track the sleep stages since you're using your phone and not the sleep detect on the tracker, even if you're wearing it.

That being said, as you may know, your tracker generates your sleep stages based on your sleep and heart rate data, which will then provide you with sleep scores. For that reason, I'd recommend to try the following steps:

1. On your Charge 4, swipe to the left, open settings > scroll down and turn the heart rate off.
  2. Restart your tracker one more time with the steps from this help article.
  3. Turn back on the heart rate on your Charge 4.
  4. Put your tracker on your wrist making sure it's snug, meaning not to tight or loose as described here.
  5. Wear your tracker when sleeping and sync the next day to check your details.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Update:

I'm getting sleep scores again - 6 times in the last 7 nights. Why? I'm not exactly sure but it started happening after I toggled the DND (do not disturb) option using the quick access technique. Hold left side button, swipe right, select "DND" so it's grayed out. There's no apparent logic as to why that would affect sleep recording but that's the only function change I made in the last week. Your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Best Answer

I solved the mystery.... I was pressing begin sleep now on my phone. But if I don't and just wear it to bed without pressing anything it seems to give me a sleep score more consistently. Hope it works for you too 👌😀

Best Answer