Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Last night I reached my goal plus a few steps. I synced with my app and it showed up correctly ... 10,100 steps. About an hour later I checked the app again and it showed 10,071 steps, one step beneath my goal. Reinstalling the app, restarting my FitBit and multiple re-syncing attempts have not corrected the problem. I would like to know if there is anyway to recover that information?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @lovebursts! I must say that this really odd. Since you have already done the suggested troubleshoot to fix this issue, I recommend manually logging an activity by following @GisselleM's instructions in this post. Enter something like "Walk" and in the zone highlighted below instead of distance enter steps and choose the amount of steps you need.

pass.png

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Community @lovebursts! I must say that this really odd. Since you have already done the suggested troubleshoot to fix this issue, I recommend manually logging an activity by following @GisselleM's instructions in this post. Enter something like "Walk" and in the zone highlighted below instead of distance enter steps and choose the amount of steps you need.

pass.png

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The same thing just happened to me, but it deleted well over 4,000 steps! Everything I have done since 3:30 this afternoon is gone! What is happening?
Best Answer

@Bekett Welcome to our Community! Have you logged any activity recently on your account? This may decrease your step count. Also do you sync your tracker daily? If you don't then your track will lose the correct time and could assign your steps on a different day once you sync. You can also log a walking activity to have a record on your account like @SunsetRunner suggested in his post.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi AlvaroFitbit;

Yes, I log activity every day. (I eat based on my step count!) Yes, I sync my tracker at a minimum 3 times a day. (This is a frustrating experience as at least once daily it says it can't either find my tracker or fitbit.com.) I added what I guessed the step count to be, but I like to be as accurate as possible as like I said, I eat based on my calories available. (I've lost 32 pounds since 9/29/15 doing this and I don't want to ruin everything with bad calorie counts!)

Thanks for your input.

@Bekett

Best Answer
Same thing happened again today except it deleted ALL of my steps from 7:30 this morning until after 6:00 tonight. Once I scynced it deleted all the steps on my Charge HR taking it to zero. The only steps left were from my Zip from before 7:30 am. I removed the Charge HR from the app and added it again. Hopefully it will work correctly tomorrow. Any other suggestions? And how do I stop this from happening?
Best Answer

@Bekett So you have a Charge HR and a Zip tracker paired to the same account. I would suggest you actually remove the Zip from your account and wear your Charge HR for the next couple of days. Let me know if the steps are removed from these days once you only have one tracker on your account. Also when removing the Zip please do so early in the morning so both trackers don't have many steps recorded at that time.

I look forward to your reply.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue with my Surge. I have tried all of the steps here. However, I don't want to have to continually add the steps manually. There has to be a solution to the issue. Today I did a run and logged 8,629 steps. That is what it said. An hour later when I synced again, it said 6,884. Can you please check into the app and see if there is something wrong. I find that I lose my steps after the second sync. I sync a few times a day for challenges that I'm in.
Best Answer

AlvaroFitbit - thanks for your help - I called Customer Support on Saturday and they took me through the same steps I had done on Thursday/Friday to try to correct the issue and it still didn't work. They are sending me a new HR. Great experience with CS!  

Best Answer

@Sheda610 - I finally called customer support - great experience and my new HR is on the way! Can't hurt to call them. On the app - go to devices - then Help - then contact customer support and you can call right there.

Best Answer

@Sheda610 Welcome to our Community! @Bekett is right. The Support Team is able to see your tracker in greater detail so they can determine if it defective. You might want to contact them to see what they can do for you. You can also find additional contact channels here.

@Bekett Happy to hear that you got a replacement tracker from them!

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very dissapointing.

My tracker started deleting steps and burned calories as well. I just had it replaced 6 months or so ago (my first one died after 4 months. It would not charge or turn on). That is pretty expensive device that does not tracks actvity correctly and last 6 months on average. I had my Bodybugg for 9 years before I started having problems.

Best Answer

@UV Welcome to our Community! How often do you sync your tracker? Are you logging any activity (swimming, bicycling, driving)? You can always try restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1.- Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge. Your Charge will begin charging.
2.- Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
3.- Let go of the button.
4.- Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

You could also try removing the tracker (click at the bottom where it says "Remove this Charge from your account) from your account and set it up again.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I might need your help to put steps and minutes back on my Fitbit app thanks Debra Kallin
debkkallin@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @Debk1945Heart

Let's try to log activities back to your App. Follow this quick steps to log a walk activity, to have steps back to your Dashboard. If you're going to use an iOS device you can try these steps:

log an activity iOS.PNG

When you choose the option "Walk" enter the duration and day and log the activity. Depending on your profile information a walk activity of 30 mins. will give you around 2700 steps for example.

After doing this, sync your tracker with your App. Confirm that it is connecting properly and let me know how it goes.

I'll be around in case that you need anything else! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am having the same problems.  

My sleep monitoring isn’t showing up at all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me very often with my Charge 4. Seems like this is a common issue that needs to be addressed. Tired of doing all these work arounds. This is my 3rd Fitbit device. This charge 4 is so glitchy! About half the fancy features don’t work at all. Seems like it could at least count steps properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes