Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339
It is a defect of Fitbit. I will be getting another brand next.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I've started having problems with my Charge 2 screen disappearing slowly, line by line. Affecting both top and bottom of the clock, at the top of the screen.  Tried what was suggested earlier, didn't work. 

One year warranty will be up in November or December, from when we purchased it.

Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call Fitbit and ask for a replacement before the warranty ends. Otherwise you’ll have to buy a new one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing seems to work. I think this is the end of life for the product.
I've chosen to replace mine. I use the watch feature as much as any of the
other features so I understand how frustrating having no display is. I've
dealt with this for several months now and any just awaiting my
replacement. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have an iPhone never have never will... Way too easy to break for my life 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks , seems to be the same for everyone , sad.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I found myself a solution!

I'm using my daughter's Charge 2.  She only used it for a few months, back when the family all got Charge 2s, and then stopped.  And my ex never used hers. so I have that as a spare.

I also bought a protective case/sleeve/whatever for the Charge 2, on Amazon (3 for $10), so I wouldn't scratch up the front glass again.

It took me a minute or two to "reconnect" the new one to my existing app/account, and I'm off and running (well, biking)!

Sure, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Versa 2, but I'll be fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The face of my FITBIT Charge 2 quit yesterday. I have tried restarting it and have charged it fully but nothing will display on the screen. It is syncing and even vibrates when someone calls or tests. Any ideas on what to do? 

Best Answer

Just got word today they are sending me a new one. It took several emails to customer service, about two weeks of emails , tried everything they suggested and nothing worked . Since it was under a year old, I guess,  they are replacing it for free. Time will tell if the same thing happens to this one. 

Best Answer

My fitbit display just quit working too. I tried the restart 3 times in a row and also changed the clock face to no avail. The fitbit still works, but display is dead. This is my second fitbit. Seems they last about 2 yrs. I fixed the problem by buying a Garmin.

Best Answer

Mine stopped working out the blue. This is my 3rd Fitbit, all have broken through what I suspect are software updates designed to brick the device and force customers to consider buying a new device.

Anyone know if this can be fixed? Otherwise I'll be heading to Samsung or Garmin 

Best Answer

No luck unfortunately. About a week ago, one line of pixels near the top went out. I can live with that, ok. Now the display is 100% out. Lights still blink in back, but it has lost bluetooth with my phone and is not recognized when I plug it into a USB port on my PC.  Toast, I guess.  😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and still no display on my charge 2 device. 

Please help if possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

please help me how to make it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We are sorry to hear that your fitbit Charge 3 display is not working

This is a friendly email to provide you with some instructions to get your fitbit device back to work.

* Charge 3 press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

After this procedure, long restart your fitbit device by following the next steps.

Connect the device to the charging cable.
While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration.
The device turns off.
The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

We look forward to your response so we can proceed accordingly. Should you have any other questions, let us know and we'll always be happy to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Ann A and the Fitbit Team

--

Reply directly to this email to update your case. #37232163

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends.

[https://fitbit.my.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?oid=00D40000000N2lj&esid=0180b00001F9TS...]

ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1dzgTX:ref
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've looked through the multitude of people with Fitbit Charge 2 devices and there are still multitudes who do not have this problem fixed.  My FBC2 has also just stopped displaying anything.  it is charged up and i press the side button and it buzzes so it is doing something.  It is still recording and i can see sleep and fitness on my iPhone.  But there is no display.  Is there anyone in Fitbit who can help all of us with this problem when we have tried everything that is listed above and it still is not working???

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up trying to fix it an upgraded to a charge 3. Bought it off eBay,
so the fact the fitbit is unwilling to fix/do anything for this issue my
upgrade didn't get them any more money!
Best Answer

Nope. at least not with with FBC2... you would do better to buy a (broken screen) one off ebay circa £20 or get a newer model

Best Answer
When I contacted customer services all they could do was offer a small
discount on an upgrade. Hence I went to a Samsung smart watch
Best Answer

Looks like all of us Charge 2 users are experiencing the same issue at the same time. Display just blacked out finally after years of use. Since there’s no fix, are we willing to upgrade 🤔

Best Answer