Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings,

my wife wants a different Fitbit and I am taking her brand new Charge 2. How do I reset to factory settings so that I can use it?

Thanks\

Tor

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

I cannot reset my charge 2 to factory settings tried loads of times but just keeps turning notifications on and off the trouble is I can’t keep my finger on the button and take the charger bit off as it’s one that clips all the way around the back and over the button,tried just taking the lead out of the plug but still hasn’t worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I cannot reset my charge 2 to factory settings tried loads of times but just keeps turning notifications on and off the trouble is I can’t keep my finger on the button and take the charger bit off as it’s one that clips all the way around the back and over the button,tried just taking the lead out of the plug but still hasn’t worked!

First-- there is no "Factory Reset" for the Charge 2. You can Restart the device-- this is similar to turning your PC or phone off and then back on. Restarting your Charge 2 deletes all the data on the device; any data previously synced to the App is not lost.

To restart it the tracker needs to be connected the the charger, with the Charger plugged in. Leave  the plugged into the charger while keeping the side button depressed until the tracker buzzes and restarts. Disconnect from the charger - you're done. . .

Best Answer

Your reading the factory reset procedure for the Charge and Charge HR. You have a Charge 2 @SunsetRunner and @mjperry51 is correct in that the Charge 2 does not have a factory reset procedure. 

Best Answer

Just got my aunts Fitbit handed down. Need to know how to set up for me and start using. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nanaperson, your question was answered in the first response

The process is no different then if the tracker was new.

Choose the add device and follow the prompts.

If you find that while around your Aunt your receiving her notifications, then ask her to remove your tracker from her phones bluetooth. 

Best Answer
😊 thank you.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Good afternoon,

I received a secondhand charge 2.  I downloaded the app, set up a new account, and attempted to sync it.  When this occurred the app found my charge 2 and gave me a 4 digit code.  Sadly, it did not sync.  I've gone through all the suggested restarts, app removals, blue tooth removal procedures with no luck.  

The unit continues read the wrong date and time.  The previous user stated that they closed thier fitbit account 7 days ago.  Could this be an issue trying to sync to my account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @torhelginho you say the tracker gave you a 4 digit code after the app found the tracker. Did you then enter the 4 digit code into the Fitbit app.? After entering the code in the app, what happened? Did the app give you an arror?

The Charge 2 needs to be attached to your Fitbit account before it will be able to sync..

As for as the old account no that doesn't matter, however a user dies dit have the ability to delete their account

Best Answer

Thank you for responding.

I entered the 4 digit code and then "connecting" began....for several minutes, then it times out taking me back to the dashboard; no connection made.     I've tried a couple dozen times and no success.   

On my Android phone I do not receive an error code, it times out taking me back to the dashboard.  I've tried on my work cell, an iphone 5s (which is a no no...shhhh) and receive an error code 500.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE!

After 3 days and countless of hours of attemprs it FINALLY connected!  I hope it's worth it. It shouldn't have been this difficult to do given the state of current technology.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
After entering my 4 digets i then had to go into my email and verify. Once I did that everything updated.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

No it does not, I can get the fitbit logo but the setup does not follow

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, sorry but I'm haveing problems following your first post. 

Not sure of who your responding to or what tye problem is.

O think you want to setup the Charge 2?

What type of device are you using to set it up?

Are you following this procedure.

How do I set up my Fitbit device?
Set up and get started using your new device.
Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?
Make sure your phone, tablet, or computer meets all the requirements for getting started with your Fitbit device.
Best Answer
Hi Rich

Many thanks for getting back to me. While I am not much into tech I am
pretty good at following instructions but so far I am stumped as noted
below.

Have followed all the directions to get my husbands (worn twice) fitbit to
re-set to factory setting so I can use it myself.

Have unpaired and removed the fitbit app from his computer

Have cancelled the account under our joint email

Have opened a new account under my name so I can set up the fitbit for
myself

Sadly while I get the fitbit logo to appear on the Charge 2 the setup screen
does not follow either when it is connected to the charger (a battery symbol
comes up) or after it has been unplugged when it reverts to normal time,
steps, etc

I have tried to connect using the Settings but again the fitbit does not
always come up and when it does it says it is unable to connect, any other
suggestions would be much appreciated

All the best

Terry and Yvonne
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner as mentioned above, there is no factory reset, therefore you will not be able to follow the non existent instructions for a factory reset, and I'm not sure what instructions you might have been following.

To connect the Charge 2 to your account, open the Fitbit app on your phone/PC tap the Add Device and follow the steps to add the tracker. 

You could even do this without removing the tracker from your husband's account. 

You will want to remove the Charge 2 from your husband's phone, I assume that is what was being used.

How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Set up and get started using your new device
Best Answer
Hi Rich

Step 7 after the device has problems connecting suggests a factory re-set

All the best

Terry and Yvonne
Best Answer
0 Votes

While there is a soft reset with the Charge 2, there is no hard reset or factory reset.

I'm not sure what page your reffering to if it says to do a factory reset, then it will also post a link to the factory reset.

Best Answer

No "real" factory reset, however, this is what worked for me when I gave my Charge 2 to my daughter when I got my Charge 3.

1. Disconnect Charge 2 from my account.
  2. I had my daughter put on the Charge2 & walk around with it (logging steps, heart rate, etc...)for 10 min or so. Then take it off.
  3. Download Fitbit app to daughters phone, set up a new account, set up new device but stop before device pairing (don't do this yet!!!!)
  4. Restart Charge 2, as soon as you get the white Fitbit logo on the Charge2 screen go to #5.
  5. Pair device on phone & you should be golden. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it worked for you.

Your Step 6 in the setup process is when the app will do the actual pairing to the phone @FunnyBaby72, if pairing is needed.

I'm not sure what your step 5 is, since the user is unable to pair a Fitbit to the phone through the phones Bluetooth menu. The user should receive a message of "rejected by the Fitbit".

I have transferred many fitbits from one user to another.

My steps:

Sync tracker to old account.

Load app into new phone

Setup new account

Serup tracker

Setup notifications

Best Answer

Glad it worked for you.

Your Step 6 in the setup process is when the app will do the actual pairing to the phone @FunnyBaby72, if pairing is needed.

I'm not sure what your step 5 is, since the user is unable to pair a Fitbit to the phone through the phones Bluetooth menu. The user should receive a message of "rejected by the Fitbit".

I'm only responding because step 5 should not be possible if I read it correctly.

I have transferred many fitbits from one user to another.

My steps:

Sync tracker to old account.

Load app into new phone

Setup new account

Serup tracker

Setup notifications

Best Answer