Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - Screen Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Ive had my Fitbit Charge 3 for nearly a week now and was working fine up until last night.

When I woke up this morning the screen was not working and it wasn’t syncing with the app.

One the back of the device, there is a green and red light constantly flashing. 

Ive tried pressing the side buttons and I have tried putting it on charge but neither are working. 

Does anyone one have any tips on what to do?

Thanks

Best Answer
597 REPLIES 597

If it does not reboot after a hard or soft reset try for a replacement!

Best Answer
0 Votes
There's a replacement on the way ! I gave up Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have to contact Fitbit via Facebook or Google account? I contacted the email option but that doesn't seem to exist now. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I always used email. If a soft or hard reset does not work generally
means the unit is dead! If in warranty they will replace. Have you tried
the Fitbit webpage for contact details? Good luck. Another option is to
post a really lousy review and they will contact you about it.

Mike Goodwin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Think I did it via web siteSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Managed to get mine on last night by changing clock face about 4 times and restarting. It's visible now but nowhere as bright

Best Answer
0 Votes

I be have the same issue- did it earlier in the week then starred but battery has been using quickly this week and now it’s gone dead again and won’t charge 

Best Answer

I have this issue too. It started with not buzzing for notifications, then the light went dim, and then the screen went black. I’ve tried holding down the button for reset, but the button just “buzzes” like it won’t be held in. Like buzzing it out again. I now waited until the battery was empty and tried to charge it again, and the screen does not work. It sends information to my phone, though.. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @Joni12@Aigiela Welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting! 

I'd like to let you know that for screen inconveniences, my best recommendation is to visit the following thread for tips and suggestions. If the inconvenience still persists, you can contact our Support Team for further assistance. You can click on the link provided in the thread above or click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

None of those things works. As I said, it seems like the button pops out again almost immediately, and it is not being held in. Nothing happens no matter how long I apparently try to hold it in and how many times I plug on and off the power... my watch is not new. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately your only option is to request a replacement.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Do to send a support message I need Twitter 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:- wow what a great system - not!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aigiela@MccG@Joni12 It's great to see you around. @MccG Thank you so much for your great input! 

@Aigiela@Joni12 Thank you for following the suggested tips. If you haven't done so, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have ordered a new fitbit charge 4...

Best Answer

Getting very hot after the firmware update in September is a known issue. 

The update caused my roommate’s Charge 3 to get hot, too hot to touch. They apparently know it’s an issue, as when I contacted support in chat on her behalf, they replaced my roommate’s out-of-warranty Charge 3 with no questions asked after I told them of the heating issue. 

Conversely, when I applied the September update to my Charge 3, my perfectly working unit screen went dim to the point that the only way to see it was in a dark room with the light off. No resets or reboots had any effect. 

It took me 2 months of back and forth through several layers/tiers of support management and posting the issues on their Facebook page before they would finally replace mine. 

They kept offering me a 35% discount for a new item. They couldn’t understand why I would not buy something new when their update broke my perfectly working unit and they refused to support it. 

Vicki

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aigiela Thanks for the update and I hope you can continue tracking towards your fitness goals soon! @VickiDani It's great to see you around!

@VickiDani Thank you very much for the information and for the feedback provided! I'd like to let you know that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. Definitely it helps a lot to continue working on improvements to our services. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, since yesterday the screen of my fitbit charge 3 is not responding any more. Restarting and changing the clock face don't solve the problem. Is there anything else that I can do that might work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and got a new one.  They seem to have 2 year life span built in .... in my experience Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer