Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - Screen Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Ive had my Fitbit Charge 3 for nearly a week now and was working fine up until last night.

When I woke up this morning the screen was not working and it wasn’t syncing with the app.

One the back of the device, there is a green and red light constantly flashing. 

Ive tried pressing the side buttons and I have tried putting it on charge but neither are working. 

Does anyone one have any tips on what to do?

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi

just got mine to work. Had to keep my finger on the button for a while, even when making a buzzing sound. Now working thank goodness!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
597 REPLIES 597

Hi AndyButler90

I'm having a similar issue this morning (31 Oct 2018) - my iphone fitbit app is in the 'Looking' state and so the device is not syncing either.

Pressing the side button just causes the device to buzz, but not enable the screen.  Putting into charge doesn't change anything. Only the green light is constantly on on the back of the device.

Anyone from Fitbit here and aware of this issue?

Thanks

falseneutral

Best Answer

Hi

mine is the same, does anyone know how to fix

Best Answer

Same thing for me also, for the second day in a row... It won’t even buzz. I have to do a reset for it to start working again. I’m wondering why...

Best Answer

Hi

just got mine to work. Had to keep my finger on the button for a while, even when making a buzzing sound. Now working thank goodness!

Best Answer

Hi Mimibow,

Thanks for the solution!

For anyone else that has had this problem, after some digging I found this troubleshooting page:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Hope this also helps. 

Best Answer

Mine must have stopped working sometime this morning but I just noticed it wasn't working.  Was fine when I got up this morning but now nothing.  No buzzing, nothing.  Have tried using the charger to reset, nothing. NOTHING!!!!  I called the support line and they were worthless.  Said I would be receiving an email .... pfffttt.... and email, seriously, so they can tell be to run through the same protocol I've already tried a dozen times.  I want to speak with a REAL, STATESIDE, person. 

Between it not working on any computer USB port, nor using the ridiculously short charger cable plugged into a  wall receptacle not working, and now this.  I'm not impressed.  

Actually, I think I want a refund.  It's been less than a month and the hardware has been less than optimum.  I was able to finally charge it yesterday using a USB, first time so far, but this failure today has left me more than a bit underwhelmed by the hardware performance.  

Best Answer
Great thank you, I will look at it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 died less than one week of use.  Since I have owned 3 other fit bits, I came to the forum for help.  Sadly, the articles and replies did not work for my brand new charge 3 that was ordered directly from Fitbit.  If you cannot get the screen up and responsive, the watch was charged, and your smartphone is searching for the device, call customer service.  Here is what they told me after we walked through troubleshooting.  We will send you an email in 2 - 3 days to let you know what the next course of action is.  What?  It's brand new.

I asked for a return slip.  For the most part, these watches are not meant to live long lives.  Hence, I have had 3 others before.  I was hoping that this new version would be the strongest product yet.  However, it is not the case.  

Best Answer

I received the Fitbit Charge 3 a week ago and have the same problem. I have tried to reset, but no success. Will email fitbit to see if it can be resolved.

Best Answer

Thanks for the link to the article, worked perfectly.

S

Best Answer

Same just happened to me.  Was working 3 hours ago - looked just now and it was unresponsive, though green led's flashing.  Putting on charger seemed to do nothing. 

Followed link to help  article.  Questioned whether I could clip on charger and still press side button, but it did work.  Held for 8 seconds and smiley face showed up - both on the clock face and then on my face. 

Best Answer

My daughter has had an awful time with this Fitbit Charge 3!  She's on her 3rd one!   The first one didn't last a week and the 2nd one didn't even last 12 hours! Now they are sending her just the device, no bands/charger.  It's ridiculous because it's brand new.

Best Answer

I just had this problem today, and when I contacted FItbit Support, this was what they explained to me. Sometimes the Charge 3 gets stuck when updating the firmware (I didn't update the firmware to my knowledge but okay! lol), and needs to be rebooted, so they proceeded to explain how to reboot the Charge 3.

You need to put the Charge 3 on the charger, then hold the side button for 10 seconds without letting go. Then you should see a smiley face on the screen. You can then take it off the charger and should be able to use it as before. If you don't see a smiley face, then you might need to contact customer support. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem and I held the button down for awhile but nothing happened. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

My charge 3 screen suddenly stop working but it still tracks my steps as I can see them on my dashboard. I have connected it to the charger but still blank.  I tried holding down the button for 2 minutes - still nothing. Any other thoughts

Best Answer

Did you hold the button down while connected to the charger? 

Best Answer

My screen is not working either. Green light in back comes on now and then. My watch syncs with my phone giving me data but my screen does not come on. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes. But the trick is to hold for 8 seconds.

Connect the fitbit to the charger then hold the button down (thru the hole) for 8 seconds. Then it came back on.

Sent from Outlook

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Thank you for the reply and info. I did it the easy way I called customer
service and they gave me the same information. Thank you very very much for
replying to my psot. JCSUPERSTAR!
Best Answer
0 Votes