Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - Screen Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Ive had my Fitbit Charge 3 for nearly a week now and was working fine up until last night.

When I woke up this morning the screen was not working and it wasn’t syncing with the app.

One the back of the device, there is a green and red light constantly flashing. 

Ive tried pressing the side buttons and I have tried putting it on charge but neither are working. 

Does anyone one have any tips on what to do?

Thanks

Best Answer
597 REPLIES 597

I've had my Charge 3 for 3 weeks.  And the screen on the Fitbit went black. I did place it on the charger and then held the side button down for 10 seconds.  The smiley face appeared.  I then removed the Fitbit from my account and then re-added it to my account.  The 4 digit code appeared and I was able to re-add it without losing my data.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the problem of not being able to scroll the screen, swiping up down or across did not work. This occurred after I charged the battery.

I followed the restart instructions And got a smiley face and everything was back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did you hold onto to it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Until smiley face came on screen!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Mine went dark just a bit ago. I thought it just was too low on charge, so tried charging, but it wouldn't even indicate that, so I panicked. I quickly switched to an Alta I recently purchased, and then searched the help forums. I was so glad to see your post, as that worked for me. I had tried holding the button when not on the charger, and didn't realise the charger had an opening so you could push the button while hooked up. Thanks again for your clear directions!

Best Answer
I held it in and counted out the full 8 seconds. Towards the end, or just after I had finished counting, but while I was still holding the button the smiley face came up. 😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Held it to a count of 8 counting 1000 one 1000 two and so on.
Best Answer
0 Votes
8 seconds. till the smiley face comes on

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting didn't work for me but changing the clock face did. Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have same problem with my charge 3 

Pressing and hold for 8 seconds the side button but doesn't work. Screen remains black 🤨🤨🤨

Best Answer
another thing to try -

on the app ( on your phone ) - (fitbit app) - press the screen where the
battery icon is (showing the battery life on the fitbit device) - that will
open a screen that you can "change the face" (the display) on the fit bit
device - chose one of the n displays you are not currently using - that
should revive the display on the fitbit . then you can switch back to your
preferred display.

--
Ken Neugebauer
kenical56@gmail.com
Best Answer
Hi
Place on charge then hold button in until smiley face come on!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to have your Charge 3 connected to the charger with the charger turned on at the same time as you press and hold the button for 8 seconds. It is a little difficult to hold the button through the opening in the charging clip but it is possible - l used the tip of my fingernail.

i hope this works for you! 🙃

Best Answer

Thank you!!!! Worked perfectly!!  Haven't had the device but 2 months!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Yes I think a lot of people had this problem when they just had the fit bit a short time! Pleased you got it to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that. No luck.

Also-I was able to change the clock face, but my Fitbit still won’t respond to my taps or allow any scrolling. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem - solved by putting it on the charger and holding the side button for 10 seconds. It did take two times before the smiley face came on.  I'm eager to know how long this fix will last.

Thanks for your post.

Best Answer
Its been a few weeks and I have not had the problem again.
Best Answer

Had a charge3 for Christmas. Very impressed. Only used it 5 days then woke up with display black. Pushing the buttons and it was alive as it buzzed but didn't wake up the display. Synced OK to my iPhone. App showed battery about 35%. Put on charge for 2 hours. App showed battery full. Didn't see the smiley face on the display when it was on charge. Did the hard reset whilst on charge. Now all that happens is the buttons show a regular buzz - then off for a second - then repeat. No display at all. Took it back to John Lewis for an exchange.

Best Answer
0 Votes