Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - Screen Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Ive had my Fitbit Charge 3 for nearly a week now and was working fine up until last night.

When I woke up this morning the screen was not working and it wasn’t syncing with the app.

One the back of the device, there is a green and red light constantly flashing. 

Ive tried pressing the side buttons and I have tried putting it on charge but neither are working. 

Does anyone one have any tips on what to do?

Thanks

Best Answer
597 REPLIES 597

That worked. Thanks

Best Answer
Hi
Hold down until you see smiley face. I had to do it several times!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This worked for me - my Charge 3 had gone dark, but was still tracking activities - followed the reset instructions and all is well again 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you . It works!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked!  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my charge 3 is also not lighting up.  the green buttons on back are lit.  appears to sync to app, but nothing on screen, even when placed on charger.  any suggestions.?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told by customer service to hold the button on the side of the fitbit
for 8 seconds and the screen will come back. I also found out on my own
that the screen notification was on off so I turned it on. With these two
things my bitbit seems to be working normally. JC SUPERSTAR~
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine never turned back on despite the help desk support & other reviewer suggestions. I had to return my watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
When connected to the charger did you hold down the button for 8 seconds till you see the smiley face?

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer

I tried all of the troubleshooting tips to no avail. Until I had the great idea of changing the clock face via the app... lo and behold! The screen turned on!!!

Best Answer
No I didn't have it on the charger. Just held it in my hand and pushed the
button for it seconds.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This process worked for me - my FitBit had no screen working for several days and thought I would need to return it - but pressing and holding the side button for approx 8 seconds - with the happy eyes/smile popped up much to my relief.  thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. Face was entirely black the whole time. I went through the process via tech support. The watch was returned.
Best Answer

Worked Brilliantly, easy to follow instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing clock also helped me.

Best Answer

Such a brilliant and simple idea !!!! And it works just fine !! Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the app I clicked on battery, top left corner of Fitbit Charge 3. Changed my clock face and voila it worked. No holding down buttons or charging and buttons. My Fitbit was at a medium charge, in case that matters, I mean your Fitbit actually having a charged battery. I didn’t loose anything thank goodness. Good luck fellow Fitbit’ers!

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.

Went to the fitbit app on my phone and changed the clock face and suddenly the screen was active again..

Best Answer

It works. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes