Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Connected Run - Wrong distance and wrong pace!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this was an issue couple of months ago, but now this issue seems to be re-surfaced (at least for me). While running I'm seeing that my pace is off (too high) even though I kept same pace. In order to be sure I just ran on an exactly 1km track for 6 laps and also recorded the run on Nike+ Run (both apps use GPS). 

My fitbit app is v2.71 (2193273) on Android One Plus 5.

On this run Nike+ recorded correctly a distance of 6.07kms while Fitbit (Charge 2 connected to phone) 5.77kms!!! This is hugely annoying not just because my Charge2 is completely useless but all since my data is wrong, screwing up other metrics.

I am so disappointed with the current support and the incapability of getting something like this correct in over 6 months! (I'm being generous since found posts from 2 years ago reporting same issue).

Fix this ASAP! 

Fitbit.jpgNike+.jpg

Best Answer
70 REPLIES 70

Old post but gonna rage too.

fitbit.jpg

It's Versa 2, but the problem seems to be an app-

Best Answer

On my Samsung A50 the simple solution for all of this seems to be to keep the screen of the smart phone ON during the run. This can be done by the app "screen timeout". I hope this will work for all of you.

Best Answer

I always keep my screen on when running however unfortunately it dosen't help. .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice one Fitbit.. Nice one!

fitbit_three.jpg

Meanwhile Samsung health...
samsung_three.jpg

Will try out "screen on" method. I have a bad feeling about that.

Best Answer

@DFLK TBH it worked.. This time the run was off only by 0,1km, which is better than 2.5 km. After 1 km I locked the screen and it still worked.

I think the reason it worked this time is that I opened the Fitbit app in the phone. I don't usually do this and it runs on background. I'll do new run tomorrow or one day after again and I will try to open Fitbit app and then I'll lock the screen. Maybe the app need to run on foreground or smth and running in background just does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Interesting development. There is hope?!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very interesting!  Will give it a go. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact thing is happening to me too and it is so frustrating!! I am training for a half marathon and would like to know my accurate mileage and time but Fitbit has never tracked correctly. I was running on the treadmill most of the summer so I didn’t know for sure that it was wrong even when I ran outside until recently and now it is too late to return it.’

has Fitbit responded  to you about fixing the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took part in an organised 10k today (remote - runners must send proof of distance and route). My FitBit Charge 4 had me at 10k, when my running companion’s TomTom had us (correctly) at just under 9k. We used her watch in the end and at exactly 10k, my Fitbit said 11.2k. Had I run this on my own, I would have stopped sooner than legitimate and thought I’d run a faster time. Absolutely crap for a sports device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see people complaining about 5-10% difference...

Today my Fitbit Versa Light measured only 1.3km out of 6.7km route. The path looks pretty much accurate though, showing detours and every tiny detail. How is this even possible?

IMG_1771.jpgIMG_1770.jpg 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. For a while my Fitbit would track my runs accurately but now it's saying my runs are longer than they actually are and it's messing with my pacing

Best Answer
0 Votes