Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate graph gaps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  1. I was looking to see if anyone has this problem and how it was fixed. The second picture from March 29 was with a different Fitbit and it read the rate throughout the day. With this new one, there are several gaps in the graph. Is there a solution or is it defective. I know how to wear it as the second picture indicates but all of a sudden there is an issue. Can anyone help?image.pngimage.png
Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

You do not know what you are talking about.  I thought Moderators were the fury’s that had all the correct answers!? Not.  

The effect of water will absolutely mess up and 90% of the time totally quit the HR function.  Regardless of where you wear the band or how tight or loose it is worn.  

Have you ever ever owned a Charge HR?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s the Gospel Truth!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but why on earth doesn’t Fitbit tell people from the get-go the device does not work when wet?  SWEAT=WET.

Best Answer

Fine.  Why on earth doesn’t Fitbit tell their customers and potential customers the device does not track HR accurately (or at all) when wet?  WET=SWEAT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Consumer Reports "Polar Heart Rate 7" is identified as the best. The price on Amazon is comparable to FitBit. My work around is to build an excel workbook to load data. The equations for FitBit calculations are on the internet. Check out "whyiexercise,com", "exrx.net/calculators", 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a Polar F4 before my fitful and unsuccessful attempts with many
different Fitbit products. I build a database that was incredible and very
accurate until I decided to let Fitbit do it for me via my phone. What a
mistake. I believe I will go with the Apple Watch or Samsung tracker now.
I have friends with both that report none of the issues I’ve had with four
different Fitbit models. There has to be something better. Money/value
for the money is the object.
--
Into Cyberspace From My iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Guys,

Think carefully about what you want to measure and the technology to
achieve.

Fitbit does not work "under water"

Talk to your local sports store or sports enthusiasts.

Have a look at Garmin products.

Lindsay S

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know they don’t work “underwater” — they should work when the user
sweats. Otherwise what’s the use in owning one to track how your exercise
is affecting your physiology?
--
Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband uses the Polar FT4 with a chest band seems to be very accurate.  If you want to download the information to another device  you will need a different model.

Best Answer
I had a Polar FT-4 also, before I had a Fitbit. It was a great device and
worked flawlessly and very accurately for about 3-years. The data I got
from it is still in my PC. My Fitbit data is there and on my iDevices also
for past reference.

The Polar receiver eventually had a problem with sweat also. The battery
cover became encrusted within its threads. On about the third battery
change the slot for twisting the battery cover out stripped out and I have
been unable to remove it without destroying the receiver. So I guess one
needs to idiotproof the battery cover on the Polar receiver - Hmmm? Maybe
a little Vaseline on the threads???

--
Best Answer

Thank You for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes
👍🏻 Good luck!
--
Best Answer
0 Votes

It still doesn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fit Bit is a toy for people with limited phsyical abilities due to genetics and/or physical disability of some kind. If you are an individual of at least moderate phsical abilities the Fit Bit is not the proper tool to track your conditioning efforts. See the suggested products listed above for other options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shardana Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting that this is still not working for you.

Can you describe the specific issue you are experiencing?

Also, please try the steps at the accepted solution of this thread to sort any gaps in the heart rate graphs.

@Jim630 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your opinions on this thread.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.I did try all the proposed solution I could find. Eventually I chatted online with someone from support who asked me to try the suggestions again!
Eventually he came to the conclusion nothing was working and I was given the option to replace my Fitbit with a new one because it was still under warranty.
I also received a message from the community stating FitBit is just a toy for someone who is unfit or have physical disabilities and I should be using better products.
I will see how the replacement works and if my sweat manages once again to find its way inside the little square between the 2 green lights located at back!!!
That is what happened despite me keeping it at 3 fingers length from my wrist during intense exercise!
I think FitBit will need to improve the performance of the existing functionalities before adding new ones or changing the look of the gadget or it will eventually lose its clients!

Take care

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Shardana Thanks for your reply and for sharing the experienced you have had with customer support and the Fitbit Community.

I'm glad to read that customer support was able to find the root cause of this problem and that have offered a replacement to get you back on track. I'm sure the new unit will work perfectly and you won't get any gaps on your heart rate graphs. 

Fitbit is not a toy, it is a fitness device that can help anyone, so no worries about that. 

Once you get your replacement please follow these replacement set up steps for you to not loose any of your previous data.

Good luck and keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still working out five days a week, pushing personal best on several activities and staying fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The finger off set doesn't work for me. The product shouldn't be this hard to use. Maybe you need to explore a flexible pulse monitor. The light based sensor isn't dependable.Think outside the box.

Best Answer
0 Votes