Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset steps to zero?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I returned from a trip yesterday in a different time zone. My watch reset to home time zone, but my steps are still adding to yesterday and it's 10 hours into today. How to install reset? Not sure how to turn off device.
Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

The only way I have found to do it is by changing the time on the phone, synching the phone and the Fitbit. The fitbit will then go to zero. then reset the time on the phone to the correct time and resynch the Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jimmckinley19! I´ll be glad to assist you with your reset steps inquiry. Your steps reset to zero every midnight. 

@johnrosenberg, thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that changing the time on the phone and syncing your Fitbit lets you correct the time and re sync the Fitbit. 

Please let me know if you have more questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you....got it sorted out

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @MICOCO. I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums! Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I reset Fitbit to zero?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,I have a new Fit Bit Inspire which I love but the steps aren’t automatically resetting at midnight. I’m in the right time zone so any ideas please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't there be a function (either in the fitness tracker, or in the FitBit Apps) that lets you simply reset the steps taken in a day?  It would be better than waking up to find I've done 1,400 step already.

Best Answer
Eureka! I’ve only had my Fit Bit a couple of days and, for the first night since I got it, I left it off last night. It reset! Problem solved! Makes sense I suppose! Hope you’re not too tired with all your steps! I’m setting out on zero today!

Sent from MPCasey's iPhone 7 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes
I can’t wear mine to bed because it doesn’t show 0 when I wake up.
Not sure if this problem will ever be solved....the only solution I had was to remove it every night.....i have contacted Fitbit many times but problem remains.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Cheers! Think that’s what I’ll have to do from now on. Really like it though.

Sent from MPCasey's iPhone 7 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a question, I'm driving at 12 midnight and my Fitbit turns back to zero. But when I get home I already have steps on it. Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit steps are very inaccurate what can I do to get more accuracy. Apparently today I’ve done 6,811 steps today. Most of it was spent laying down or driving. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just  bought the Fitbit charge 3 and I charged it and put it on at 4:30pm and I'm up to 830 steps which I think are a lot and I'm not sure if its accurate or not, has anyone else run into this??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just purchased a Fitbit versa,I am disabled and cannot figure why even though I am in bed my step count is counting my steps.can I change it so it does not do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You cannot zero your Fitbit. It will give you a few steps as you toss and
turn. If you have a lot of steps, it's by something that vibrates.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I downloaded a step app to my phone and the steps are accurate at 288 but
my Fitbit versa is saying 751.i dont know how the Fitbit can say such a
high count,other people I have read are having the same problem.hopefully
Fitbit will do an update to remedy the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto, I want to calibrate my fitbit to my buddy's fitbit, see if we get roughly the same number of steps. From this post I'm see that there's not way to manually reset the number of steps to zero? That seems a bit odd for a device such as this. What's the reason for that. Example: we go on a hike together and want to see if we have the same number of steps. If they are the same (or close) then we ultimately want to see who has more steps when we play tennis. If we can't calibrate, how can we be sure?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 

I just set up my charge 3 yesterday. I can’t seem to get it to zero out for my next day. We have checked the time zone and restarted the device.  Any suggestions 

thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry. I tried and tried. That is a power they didn't include.
Best Answer
0 Votes

it resets at midnight each night, that is the only way it resets that I
have found.

--
Fondly,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes