Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset steps to zero?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I returned from a trip yesterday in a different time zone. My watch reset to home time zone, but my steps are still adding to yesterday and it's 10 hours into today. How to install reset? Not sure how to turn off device.
Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I've had the same issue. I saw that I had  another app that was counting my steps. I uninstalled that app and I'll see tomorrow it it makes any difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no is this correct can I not reset the steps daily ?

Someone posted it resets at midnight ?

thank you

Hello  I Am not understand number 2 plug your charge into charging cable can you explain thank you 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your counter clears at midnight. You cannot reset your counter.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi it didn’t last night !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really?!?! There is no option to explicitly set steps to zero? That would be ridiculous.

Best Answer

Completely agree.  Being able to reset the steps to zero should be baked into the software.  Very likely getting a different smartwatch.  Discovering too many issues that are nonnegotiables.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you swipe down a few you will get settings and in settings there is erase my data, which resets steps to zero.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an inspire hr the steps are never correct and the steps on my band never ever reset...nothing works...seems like a waste of money 😞

I've read all the q&a's tried everything recommended but nothing has zeroed my steps. The steps on my band never even match up with the steps on my phone app...very frustrated and disappointed. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am having the same problem on my Charge 4. Steps are carrying over. I tried re-pairing the device, rebooting, disconnecting the bluetooth, logging out of fitbit, confirming time zones. All to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have never had steps carrying over, but zeroing the device can be achieved
during the day by changing the time on the smart phone and then synching the
device. That will zero it. after that turn the time back to correct time on
the smart phone and re-synch. Maybe that will help.
Best Answer
Yeah I never got a resolution on that issue....sorry I can't help. I just don't even wear my two fitbits,  I spent a small fortune on. Too many glitches and zero to little support.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank u 4 fixing my fit bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

My Fitbit charge 3 shows 200+ steps upon waking. So it did reset from yesterday, but I did not walk 200 steps in my sleep. Is there a way to reset that - or how do I correct it from happening again? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Step-counting-Seems-Way-Off/m-p/4884820/thread-id/25850  

yes...  this isn't even by a little bit, but by a lot.  😞  Easy 2x,, if not as much as 10x off... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

how does the step tracking work in the community tab? I can't figure out how this is tallied, because it is not a sum of daily tallys nor does it seem to be a weekly or monthly tally. how does this work? when does it reset? where can I read this information other than having to post on a forum? I'm referring to the community tab where you can see your friends and an arbitrary number with each of them. when you click on them it will tell you how many steps they take per average daily.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My step count goes up even when I'm not walking. I could be sitting in my car cleaning my dashboard or fixing my seats and I notice my steps increase. How do I fix or reset my steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn Off your OnePlus mobile.
Hold down the Power Button + Volume Up Button Power Button + Volume Down Button
When you see the Logo, release all the Buttons.
Next, You will see the Android exclamation mark.
While holding down the Power button press and release Volume Up Button.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes