Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to End an Exercise on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok first workout and I can't end it, pressing the button only pauses it.  Holding it only brings up a notification and screen wake-up menu?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

agreed!  so frustrating!  not intuitive at all

Best Answer

yes agreed.  still like everything else about it but exercise functionality needs to be fixed ASAP

Best Answer

I can't even get a pause button let aline finish. This is the 1st time its happened. Ive been working out now for 5 hours???

Best Answer

You just have to tap the "button" on the left side of your Charge 3 when you're done with your exercise or want to pause.  Don't hold it in.  Just give it a quick tap on the left side.

After you tap the "button", your workout is then paused.  Tap the button again and you're given the option to "finish" or "return".  If you're done, click Finish.  If you want to resume your workout, click Return.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
That is always how I have done it but today it's not cooperating.

It just pauses then resumes.

??
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lukelly Have you tried placing it on the charger and holding in the left button for 8 seconds to restart it?

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I recently upgraded from Fitbit 2 to the 3, because the bands on the Fitbit 2 kept snapping off and not staying on. I think the Fitbit 3 is much less intuitive and more difficult to use. Sometimes I can end the exercise with the first press of the button, other times it takes me three or four tries to get it to Pause and not send me to another screen. And don't get me started on how difficult it is to use the Stop Watch, which was simple on the 2.

Best Answer

I started a feature suggestion on this to make starting and stopping exercise easier! please vote: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Please-make-it-easier-to-start-and-stop-exercise...

Best Answer

No, trying to end fitness, i'm now burning up to 100+ calores and into 40 minutes for a simple yoga

excerise session.  This has happened many time over the past 2 weeks, I have pressed the pause button trying to get it to end. Usually I take off the fitbit and it will stop, not today, its still going???

I'm ready to hit it with a hammer

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this out on a kayaking trip. 4 hours in at lunch I wanted to stop it, but best I could do was pause /resume. (I think now I needed to scroll to see the end session). I left it running and another hour later the fitbit was dead.

This mode must use a lot of power because in the morning it still had 80%.

I agree the UX team need to look into this, it's a bit horrible at the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve pressed the button on the side of my Fitbit 3   Then I’ve pressed it again. There is no “finish” option. Instead I get s split screen saying “screen Wake” and “notifications “. The hike I wants to record has been done over an hour ago. I’ve tried to end it with your teonpush instructions ever since— about fifteen times. I’m very frustrated.  Please help. 

Best Answer

Thanks. This WORKED. Tapping the “button” on the left ) as opposed to holding it in) Did bring up the screen with “ finish” on it. And I then tapped the button lightly and then tapped the “ finish” on the screen. 

Still. It is very confusing. 

Best Answer

When I have started an exercise mode the watch doesn’t show a pause button or finish button. I can only swipe. I don’t know how to off the exercise mode?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another retarded, nonintuitive solution

Best Answer

Thank you Soooooo much for this!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly what I needed.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree! They did not make this simple or user-friendly at all. I would have got have expected you charge 3 to be a better version of the charge 2... I think epic fail on Fitbit's part.I really hope that this next firmware update will address this issue. If you're listening Fitbit please fix it is annoying everybody!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't end exercise on the Charge 3.  When I get to step 7 below, I never get the Finish to tap. I get Screen Wake and Notifications. I am in a never ending loop because I never see the Finish, I only see the Pause.

Best Answer

Thx. Good. But too much to think about. Fraught with complexity and room for error. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lightly pushing side button, selecting pause works!  I had the same problem.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes