Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to End an Exercise on Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok first workout and I can't end it, pressing the button only pauses it.  Holding it only brings up a notification and screen wake-up menu?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Thanks so much for you advice.  I have been trying to get this feature tuned off for almost 2 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

unable to end exercise [walking] by pushing stop button[pauses] so cannot follow "solution".

Best Answer
0 Votes

probably good advice but no help if I can't stop exercise ,tried soft taps ,hard pushes ,quick taps when pause shows [you have to be very quick ] nothing stops ,wish I had known this before buying. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t tap. Push the side button again and then there will be a choice to end the exercise. I think it’s 3 pushes from an active exercise to get the option.

Eric
Best Answer

FINANCE BABE, Message 24 of 44. Yes, yes, magic solution, tried it static twice, now about to try after a walk- beats the "hammer'' one //.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I agree.  I’ve been a Fitbit user since 2015 and this is my 3rd one.  I recently upgraded from a Fitbit Charge 2 to a 3.  I’ve always loved my Fitbits and found them easy to use but I’m finding the Charge 3 really hard to figure out and use.  Sometimes the things work and other times they don’t.  I liked the fact that it was waterproof as I love to paddle board and that’s why I upgraded to this one but I’m finding it very hard to use.  I wish there was a number to call to actually talk to a person when I am having issues but I can’t find it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Santi,

I cannot even find the Exercise app on my FitBit. When I hold the button, it brings up 'Screen Wake/Notifications'; then it just won't budge to any other option regardless swiping left/right or up/down. Double tapping brings up the ongoing details of the run like how long I've been running, stop watch, heart rate, calories burned, steps taken, etc. I do not see any Start or Finish option. My FitBit has been buzzing and it's driving me crazy. Heeeelp!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally figured it out and now it works fine.  
TO START EXERCISE FROM MAIN SCREEN: 

Swipe to the left. 
Tap on exercise
Swipe to the left to select type of exercise

Tap on exercise

Tap start

Tap let’s go

TO STOP EXERCISE:

Push button on the left side

Push again

Tap finish on the screen 

Push button on left again and swipe right to return to main screen.  

Best Answer

OMG, it worked! Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve read all these and mine won’t stop. So annoying!. My pace is really getting bad. Guess I’ll let the battery run doen

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't help me at all. I still can't get out of pause mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I customize labels for exercises I do regularly on Versa 2?  Charge HR dashboard had the option of relabeling.  Specifically i want ROWING, but I want to personalize exercise labels in general.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just choose “exercise”->”workout”, do your rowing, then afterwards in the app you go to the exercise panel, select that particular exercise, and at the top there’s an arrow to “categorize exercise”, where you can specify rowing machine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no pause timer, all I have is the timer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which keeps on coming up periodically.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had to let my Fitbit die in order to get out of an exercise mode. It doesn’t recognize that I touch the sides.😡

Best Answer

Thank you, that worked for me. So frustrated with not being able to stop the exercise from my watch.😡

Best Answer

I’ve got a charge 4 and still have this problem. There’s no pause/stop message when I quickly tap left. Nothing happens. Frustrating that I can’t get the timer to stop!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 4 forums don't discuss this yet, or I haven't found it.  However, ending a workout on the Charge 4 is just as frustrating.  I can get the workout to pause, but then when I press the button again, the DND/ Screen Wake screen always pops up.  I have to really get lucky to eventually hit the button accurately enough for the "finish" workout screen to appear.  It's disappointing that this was an issue with the Charge 3 and it wasn't addressed in this new version.  

Best Answer

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I found it frustrating too, as well as the fact that there Isn’t a way for the time to be continuously displayed. I’ve already decided therefore that this isn’t a watch for me and am returning it today.

Best Answer
0 Votes