Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting text notifications from IOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Set my charge 2 yesterday but so far despite getting text I have not been able to get any text notification on my tracker I doing something wrong?
Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

If your call to support helps, please post your solution.  I would really appreciate the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ios 11 does not have a "show it notification center".  I cannot get anything to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you can help.  I have followed so many steps that have been posted throughout the forum.  Every single one says that you have to enable "show in notification center".  ios 11 does not have that option.

There really has to be a way to fix this.  This is very important to me and I am beyond upset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

These options are not on ios 11.  The screen no longer looks like the shot that you have posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The ios 11 update does not have a "show in notification center"   I guess that means it will never work.  Beyond frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been posting on many of these forum questions with no solution to the problem.

I cannot get text and call notifications to work since updating my iphone to ios11.

Every solution posted says that the widget for "show noticiations in the Notification Center".

On the ios11 update, there is no longer a widget for this, therefore there is no solution to the problem.

I really need help with this.  I am sure that I am not the only person with the Charge 2 and ios11 that is experiencing this problem.  If there is no solution at this time, and it doesn't work for anyone, then Fitbit needs to step up, admit there is a problem and work on finding a fix to it.  Posting the same instructions time and time again that say to show in Notification Center, will not work!  They need to look at an iphone with the ios11 update and see that there is no option for this anymore.  I am losing patience and faith because no one can figure this out, and no one can admit that it can't be figured out.

If anyone can seriously help without telling me to turn on the notice in the notification center (which isn't there), I would greatly appreciate it.

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been posting on many of these forum questions with no solution to the problem.

I cannot get text and call notifications to work since updating my iphone to ios11.

Every solution posted says that the widget for "show noticiations in the Notification Center".

On the ios11 update, there is no longer a widget for this, therefore there is no solution to the problem.

I really need help with this.  I am sure that I am not the only person with the Charge 2 and ios11 that is experiencing this problem.  If there is no solution at this time, and it doesn't work for anyone, then Fitbit needs to step up, admit there is a problem and work on finding a fix to it.  Posting the same instructions time and time again that say to show in Notification Center, will not work!  They need to look at an iphone with the ios11 update and see that there is no option for this anymore.  I am losing patience and faith because no one can figure this out, and no one can admit that it can't be figured out.

If anyone can seriously help without telling me to turn on the notice in the notification center (which isn't there), I would greatly appreciate it.

Please help.

Best Answer

The notification is on you watch. Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is on. First thing I checked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is a HUGE issue, as it was one of the reasons I chose the Charge 2 -
since my latest upgrade, there is no longer a way to receive text
notifications or call notifications - this needs to be fixed!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can I get an AMEN!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have updated to iOS 11 but I have had no issues with the notifications on my charge 2 since the update.... one thing I would think could make a difference is with the new default setting for notifications ( I will attach a picture) you need to make sure previews are always on. 

Hope this helps!58562C6B-6193-45E5-9D59-A814594F1DF6.jpeg

D02A4006-7E18-4D3A-A868-16DA7D600648.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LisaFC  A number of users have commented about notification problems with iOS 11.  There engineers are aware.  I don't have any details on a fix.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply. I have the show previews under “Notifications “ set to “always”. I did not see an attachment. Is there anywhere else that I might be missing this setting. I have tried this before, with no success.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this post!  I tried EVERYTHING else but the steps in this post has my issue resolved!  Great input!  Thanks again! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

the notifications at the bottom is what fixed mine too I been trying this for weeks  got it now thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg! I have been struggling with not getting text for 3 months. I have contacted customer service. We went through all the settings. 

Turns out in notifications you really have have to turn everything on. Including show in history. I was about to give up on Fitbit. They really should have the customer service managers read this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have always loved Fitbit products but now I am so frustrated with Fitbit. I tried everything mentioned to receive notifications from my iPhone and nothing is working. I gave up and bought an Apple Watch. That works with my phone. Shame on Fitbit for not fixing this issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even though my fitbit is working, I have seriously thought about an apple
watch. What do you think of it?​
Best Answer
0 Votes