Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement screen for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Large crack in my Fitbit charge 2 , can I purchase a replacement glass.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
533 REPLIES 533
  • my fitbit charge 2 screen is badly scratched. Can it be replaced?
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 screen is badly scratched. Can the screen be replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess is your screen is cracked and not scratched.  If it is cracked and under warranty, Fitbit will replace the watch.  If it is scratched or out of warranty you are out of luck.  Just the screen can not be replaced.

Best Answer

I have been a Fitbit owner since the FitBit Charge HR came out and was very happy until the integrated  band broke and their solution was "Hey will give you a discount on the new FitBit Charge 2" which I only took because it had a removable band.  It is disappointing that FitBit did not learn from the integrated band fiasco of the Fitbit Charge HR.  The cover is not glass it is plastic and user serviceable but FitBit customer service is really the sales department as they are more interested selling you a whole new unit then making customers happy.  I will try gluing this plastic face to give the unit a little more time since the unit works flawlessly other then the cheap plastic face they put on it which it seems they carried forward based on some of the other posts I read. I'll keep an eye out for a broke Fitbit Charge 2 with a non-broken plastic cover.  Anyone know a site to buy an after market replacement cover for FitBit Charge 2?  I started with a Fitbit Charge HR and then got an Apple Watch and ran both eco systems for quite a while but after this I guess I will stick with my Apple Watch when this FitBit Charge 2 finally goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The screens crack because the batteries expand. Just move to another brand
like the rest of us with this issue have done.

Fitbit never learns. All of their products are made with dollar store
components that lead to issues, even though they charge a premium price.
This would be fine if they would have premium service but they offer dollar
store service. Speak with your wallet and stop giving them money.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is my understanding that screen can't be replaced 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

What this video says is that the screen can be replaced but Fitbit just had decided that they would rather require their customers to buy a new watch than to fix the design flaw that they created.  Just another reason that Fitbit has a lot of work to do and we can only hope that Google will make changes in the future.  For me the Charge 2 issue is a past problem that I want to forget.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want replace my fitbit charge 2 display. Because its not working. So please help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@alke0812 Thanks for stopping by!

Let me help you with your Charge 2 screen not working. The screen can't be replaced but I would like to know if you have troubleshooted this issue. If you haven't then please restart your tracker by following these instructions.

I look forward to your reply.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I ho about getting hold of the support centre I have damaged my screen on my charge 2 but can't seem to find the email address. I live in South Africa if someone could assist it will be great please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Login to Fitbit.com and then click on your account and then click on your account picture.  Down at the very bottom you will find HELP.  If you follow the links for your Charge 2, you should be able to at least email or chat with them.  That being said, if you are out of warranty you are out of luck and will need to live with it or purchase a new watch of some brand.  There is a flaw in the Charge 2 where the screen cracks from the top to the bottom and Fitbit says the screen is not replaceable.  Some say it is, but I have never seen the parts to do the repair.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree that Fitbit will not be helpful at all which is such a travesty. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I'm reluctant to buy another fitbit

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes