Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement screen for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Large crack in my Fitbit charge 2 , can I purchase a replacement glass.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
533 REPLIES 533
Fitbit doesn't really care sadly, Here in South Africa its costs R3000 so
would rather spend that on a Garman instead
Best Answer
It does seem that way. We all need to keep up the pressure. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just sent this message in a chat session:

I am one of many people complaining of cracked screens on Charge 2 devices. How can we get Fitbit to fix this problem? We all need the screens replaced but get no response from the company. None of us will ever recommend Fitbit products unless we get helped.

Let’s see if I get any response. 

Best Answer

Hi All.

now I have been fighting with Fitbit for over 2 years now regarding my cracked screen on my Fitbit 2

and I have got completely know where .

so can I just say to all you new comers I wish you all the very best in your endeavours to obtain a replacement.

but if my experience is anything to go by , you will end up where I have .

no where.

you have to realise the company is a sack of **ahem** , with no interest in it customer base .

Buy another product , and teach these bunch of robbing gets a lesson.

Best Answer
I called corporate and left messages on various extensions. No idea who these people were! Also sent emails and numerous calls to customer service. Surprisingly, one day I received an email that they were sending a new one. Not a new band but just the Fitbit. Be persistent!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Good news that at least one consumer was helped!
Best Answer
0 Votes

To me that shows that they know that they have a problem but only those that yell the loudest get help and the rest of their Charge 2 customers just get hung out to dry.  This won’t help me as I got rid of my C2 and will never fitbit again!!!!

Best Answer
Google it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How long had you had yours ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Over two years but still no excuse for it to start cracking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are more fortunate than I am mine was like a year and a half and they
would not at all talk to me about replacing it or sending me out another
one. Good for you! Against my better judgment I actually went and got a
charge three and so far it’s working great and the screen has not cracked
Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to report that I was able to get a replacement Charge 2 (without wrist band) for a cracked screen even though the unit was out of warranty by calling customer service.  The first customer rep explained they couldn't do anything since the unit was no longer under warranty but offered a 20% discount on a new one.  I declined and firmly asked to speak with someone who could resolve my complaint.  I was switched to a supervisor who happily agreed to send a one-time replacement, an arrangement I thought was fair.  The new unit arrived in the mail soon thereafter.  I've been using the Charge 2 for several weeks now and so far the screen hasn't cracked.  If it does, I'll probably get another Fitbit based on this positive customer experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First positive thing I’ Heard. I’ll call them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re a rarity! They flatly refused to send me a replacement after a
little over a year
Best Answer
0 Votes

So 2 years is the lifespan of a charge 2? Apple admitted the iPhone 6S was designed to only last 2 years. My face is cracked along with everyone else’s. Isn’t that unethical business practices? Are the moderators going to delete this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, maybe the courts will though. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Its disgusting and Fitbit stays very quiet they don't even bother with a
response 😡
Best Answer
0 Votes

I find it rather disgusting they have their money so they don't care, and Fitbit don't even bother to respond 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called them and only got an offer of a discount of 25% on a new Fitbit or 40% on a specific Fitbit of their choice. I forget which one. Nothing more. Just a restatement of their 1 year warranty

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 25% offer was for the Charge 2 and a couple of others, it could not be used on the Charge 3 at all and that was off their full retail price.  That is why I dropped Fitbit and went to an Amazfit bip.

Best Answer
0 Votes