Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratched Charge 2 screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I tripped out running and have scratched the screen of my month old Fitbit Charge 2 - any advice on screen repair/replace options. Still functions but looks bad...
Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

There are totally screen protectors for the Charge 2... just not provided by FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have significant, some deep, scratches.  I didn't fall.  I do have cats and roses, though.  I'd expect a wrist device to be way more scratch resistant.  My device is 7 months old and looks horrible.  Fitbit should recommend and sell screen protectors ala Swatch face guards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a lengthy discussion on chat with a FitBit operative, including sending photos of the scratched screen, they have promised to send me a new one.  Fingers crossed.

I also had a band that started to come apart.  Bought a new (cheaper) one on eBay but they also sent me a new band... or at least, they were supposed to be and it never arrived, hence my annoyed chat online, resulting in not just a new band but allegedly a new tracker.

Best Answer

Hello, and thank you for your follow up response. Much appreciated! I looked at different reviews, and found a brand called IQ Shield, which I purchased on Amazon. You get 6 screen protectors, and cleaning solution for under $8. I found them to be very durable, surprisingly. They're also very easy to apply, unlike some of the other ones out there. I recommended this brand to other people, who also like it. Just something you may want to add to your collection if you'd like.

Thanks again!

Best Answer

@iblamesummers wrote:

Does not work Sorry.

Try it again. I just did mine with the toothpaste trick and it works. I had scratches on my Charge 2 from my son’s dog and now you wouldn’t know they were ever there. If you’re not having success it could be that the scratches may be too deep. But if you do get them out be sure to get a screen protector on it. I neglected to put mine on but I have one on now and won’t forget again. 

Best Answer

Man oh man the durability of this screen device is laughable! I have had mine for less then 3 weeks and already have 3 scratches... I didnt do crazy things with it at all, they just show up randomly! Very disappointed in the charge 2. If you know this about a your product, a free durable screen protector should come with the device. Everytime I look at my fitbit now, it just makes me sad and angry. Do better please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There,

Be careful when FITBIT Advise they will send you a new one and it will most probably be a replacement but not new, see below direct from FITBIT.

The screens are very week and have inherent problems, the crack from top to bottom down the centre, as well as scratch like mad jut by looking at the screen.

The problem seems to be rather than resolve this issue, we will all be left with the charge 2 while FITBIT move on to the next product release leaving the wake of issues for us genuine customers to deal with!

4. Depending on available inventory, we sometimes issue factory-certified refurbished products as warranty replacements. These are typically products that were returned to Fitbit unused for reasons like wrong size and wrong color. This product is tested and determined to work and look like new, with limited wear and tear. In most cases however, warranty replacements are brand new products that we package without accessories for easier shipping

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.

Berni
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure if my last reply posted... I don’t see it, so here’s the info: I found a brand called IQ Shield, which makes screen protectors that fit the Charge 2. I am really impressed. They are very easy to apply, and very durable. You can get a set of 6 on Amazon for under $8. I bought my first pack a few months ago, and still have plenty left. Just a thought, if you wanted to prevent further damage...

Search: 

Fitbit Charge 2 Screen Protector (6-Pack), IQ Shield LiQuidSkin Full Coverage Screen Protector for Fitbit Charge 2 HD Clear Anti-Bubble Film

Good luck!

Best Answer
I found some on Amazon too - thanks for you message. I also ended up with a brand new FitBit so it just goes to show that complaining does sometimes work!
Best Answer

I honestly have completely  come to live with the deep scratches knowing full well that in a couple of months my Fitbit 2 will eventually stop holding a charge, will be long past it's replacement warranty & will probably be outdated & not sold anymore. Planned Obsolescence I guess...

Best Answer
0 Votes

have you tried buying a new one and returning the scratched one in its place?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I mean that's like double paying unless you take the other one back, just way too much of a hassle either way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, that isn’t what I would personally feel comfortable doing, nor see as a solution. Also, a new one would get messed up in the same way. I was looking for ideas, but found what works for me. The screen protectors I mentioned before are a great way to protect your device. I hope Fitbit comes out (probably will) with better material.

Best Answer

Its true though, i can only imagine how FITBIT customers are feeling before they have to consider doing as per the mentioned just in order to get their money back!!!!  FITBIT need to read these posts and learn something.

Best Answer

Autosol metal polish! I removed 99% of the scratches from my Charge 2 about 30 mins!

See Autosol - remove scratches

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just found out that my fitbit is out of warrenty but even if it was that scratches are not covered so I attempted the tooth paste thing and it did not work it is just as scratched as it has been.  Do you use a specific brand?

Best Answer
0 Votes

the easiest thing to do is but a new one and take the old one back with the receipt   I think FIT BIT should have to replace scratched screen   also you can buy screen protectors for fit bit charge 2 at Walmart .com 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I used Colgate but I don’t believe it really matters. My scratches were fairly light and came off so it’s probably an issue of the depth of the damage to your screen.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Toothpaste did not work for me at all. So dissapointing.

Berni
Best Answer
0 Votes