Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not found at the moment to sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason my fitbit has not been syncing all day. Which is weird because it was working perfectly this morning and now when I try to sync it it tells me that my 'tracker is not found'. Which is also weird because I've had my fitbit for over 6 months now and I've never seen that before. I've tried restarting my phone, logging in and out of my account on the app, I've tried turning off and on my BT. Can someone help me??

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43
I've done all of that several times but I just can't get past step 3 which is the hold devices button for 3 seconds as I it goes straight into stop watch. Yes I've done a reset numerous times too

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry about that but that is all I know what to do.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I unpaired it from my account and then added it back.  I did lose all my data.  What's weird is that it saved my steps from yesterday.  Nothing prior.  Alarms were gone.   I'm totally bummed.   But, it's working again... so....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry about that but when I had to do that I didn't loose anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing here. I tried removing it from my dashboard, but now it won't find it to add it back. I even deleted the app and reinstalled. I've restarted my Bluetooth several times. Nothing! Super upset because I did a LOT of steps this weekend and just realized it never sync'd them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isnt connected but Its not letting me connect it again,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got my fitbit setup!!  It is now synced.  I am so freaking happy right now. Smiley Very Happy  I can't wait too see how well this works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You will have to uninstalling the app on your phone and reinstall it however; if you have your computer apt on and your phone app on, it will only recognize one or the other.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I know some of you have posted here a while ago and some are new faces, so I would like to start with giving you a warm welcome to @Jeffner1@Jennbryan@DFINNBIT and @TheGodlyBeast

Also thank you for all the input and help from @NikIce who were able to resolved the issue, as the recommendations of @missj0198 and @Shelby2010.

When this issue is happening, the best to try is what was recommended here or as it were tried by @JockoT and @Shelby2010; is to remove the tracker or just set it up again on your existing account. But just to clarify if the steps from that day has not synced, exist the small chance to loose your steps from that day as it happen to @DFINNBIT. So becareful with this.

@Jneil3817 I was reading you received a replacement, but were not able to set up the tracker again. I wonder how it goes so far? because its been a few weeks since you commented on this; so out of curiosity I would like to give follow up with you. If the issue persist as is the case of @millertime24 and @TheGodlyBeast I recommend to perform a restart on your trackers. 

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Charge. Your Charge will begin charging. 
2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number of the firmware
3. Let go of the button. 
4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Make sure you are running the latest version of the app by looking your apps either on Google Play or iOS app store. Once you have reviewed this, please follow the steps I have shared on this other post. I explained the steps to set up a tracker with as an existing user with the app or the computer, but feel free to try both in case your mobile app is failing.

Let me know if I missing something and see you around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that, the replacement is fine. I have lost my data which is a bummer but at least I have a working fitbit 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue today. Is there a way to sync to the laptop and bypass the phone altogether?

I'm in your shoes today.  My sister has been having the same issue for about a week.  Wondering if this is an Android glitch as a lot of the posters are doing so from their Galaxy's.  I have a Galaxy too.  Very frustrated.  I've followed the suggestions listed but nothing is working...

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Jneil3817 and welcome aboard to our Community @333lisa.

@Jneil3817 I'm glad to hear you have received a replacement tracker and everything is good now. 

@333lisa If the issue persist despite you have tried to restart your tracker; you can sync using a computer. It will depend which type of OS is running your Laptop but if you are using Windows, you can download the windows 10 app from the windows Store. 

Turn the Bluetooth setting on. To verify, go to Start > Settings > Bluetooth. If your computer doesn't support Bluetooth, you need to plug the wireless sync dongle on any USB port of your computer. On the Fitbit app for Windows 10 dashboard, tap or click the Account tab. Tap or click your tracker to see the sync option.

If your computer is other version of Windows or you have a Mac computer. Download the Fitbit Connect Software from our site, which can be found free here: https://www.fitbit.com/setup

Once is installed on your computer do the following:

1. Click the icon with a Fitbit logo located near the date and time on your computer.
  2. Click Open Main Menu, and then click Sync Now. You may be asked to sign in, after which your tracker should sync with your account.

Hope this helps and keep me posted how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, I'm glad it worked for you. I did the same and nada! Sooo frustrating!Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the middle of a challenge... will i lose todays data if i delete fitbit?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Myst49 and welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community.

@Myst49 I wonder what type of tracker do you have and where are you syncing, is it iOS, Android or other platform? usually I synced with an Android Device and I haven't experienced syncing issues, so if you are using the same platform or any different,  you can find troubleshooting steps on the following post: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

@Irvinemonteith you can also try with the post I mentioned before. If the steps are not working for the syncing issues you are having, note that you wont loose any of your information if you use the same account. Is very important to set your tracker using your existing account for this not to happen. Here you have the steps for iOS or Android, which is the most popular devices:

1. On the Fitbit app for Android dashboard, tap the menu icon in the top left corner. / On the Fitbit app for iOS dashboard, tap the Account tab.
  2. Tap Devices on Android / Tap Set Up a Device on iOS
  3. Tap the + icon in the top right corner.
  4. If you're replacing a tracker, tap the tracker you want to replace. If you're setting up a new tracker, tap Add a new Device.

Hope this helps and let me know if the issue persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem, over and over. So frustrating .  I think fitbit just trying to force me to upgrade from "flex"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Flinchy, it's great to see you in this thread! Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to read that you're having issues to sync your tracker. Since you already tried all the troubleshooting steps provided before I'd recommend to contact our Support Team so they can take a look in your account and provide you the best posible solution.

Please keep me posted with the outcome! 

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you delete Fitbit from your account? I just bought my Fitbit 2 days ago and it stopped syncing today. Extremely frustrated!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try going on to Bluetooth in fitbit settings and pairing with app again.
This happened me and when I checked my Bluetooth was on but nolonger paired
for some reason
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.I have encountered the same problem. I uninstalled and then installed fitbit again and the sync worked. Two days later it did exactly the same thing, but still does not sync with the uninstall and re-install of fitbit. I have been reading the various comments so i thought to unpair and then pair the fitbit with my cell phone, but it stays on searching and does not go further. Has anyone got the solution for me.The blue tooth on the fitbit is on. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes