Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to recycle a broken Charge HR?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR strap is broken (2nd one), so now have a Charge 2.  The actual Fitbit works, but can't pass it on without a strap.  I want to recycle it responsibly because of the battery vs. throwing it in the trash.  Does any place take these?  I noticed a reuse site on another thread, but I would assume this is for working watches.  Any help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
76 REPLIES 76

Hi there, I am looking for somewhere to recycle a faulty Fitbit Alta; would be happy to accept it? It is intact with the strap; it is just one of the functions that doesn't seem to work. Many thanks, Shirley

Hi @Williger, I am looking for somewhere to recycle a faulty Fitbit Alta; would be happy to accept it? It is intact with the strap; it is just one of the functions that doesn't seem to work. Many thanks, Shirley

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @ShirleyPatch, welcome to the community forums! 

I'd like to let you know that we currently don't have a recycling program but you can recycle your defective device at an e-waste recycling facility. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger - my son has a fitbit charge that has issues.  He's bought a new product.  Would you like the old one?  It charges but has lines on the display.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger Hello, I have an older fitbit alta that is not working properly, and I am interested in recycling it. The screen still works, but it never charges enough to use. I believe the charger still works which I can send as well. Would you be able to use my fitbit?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'd like to send my old Charge to you. Can you send me an envelope?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chlobo66 Hi there and thanks for recycling! Please send me a private message, I can send you my address to ship to or you can give me your address and I'll create a prepaid label you can print out. I just looked and your account isn't enabled to receive messages, so you'll need to click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger and you'll see a tick box for "Turn on Private Messages". If you don't enable this, you'll still be able to send a note to me, but I'll not be able to reply.

Hi @violin_vivian01, yes, thank you. Most all Fitbits have some parts that can be repurposed. Please send me a direct message and I can give you my address, or you can give me yours to create a prepaid shipping label. I just checked and your account isn't enabled to receive messages, but if you click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger you'll see a tick box for "Turn on Private Messages". Once you do that and send me a note, I'll be able to reply. I'm also curious about your username! Do you play the violin? I love string instruments! I play or rather used to play guitar. Here's a video of me the last day I played my guitar, I was singing about being fat and later that day got a Fitbit. It's been a few years, I may have to break out my Martin D18 and play some songs tonight, thanks!

Hi @Jubilee1, yes, I sure can! I'd checked and your account isn't enabled to receive messages, but if you click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger you'll see a tick box for "Turn on Private Messages". Once you do that and send me a note, I'll be able to reply and send you a prepaid label. For whatever reason, Fitbit sets our accounts to not receive messages until we enable it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hey, my account has not been working correctly and will not show options to private message anyone (like in settings that you mentioned). I ended up talking to a fitbit person about it, and they said I was probably banned for not following the community guidelines (? I have only made the one post - I do not know what happened). My account then did not work at all for a few days, and today, it is finally letting me reply to you. I still cannot private message you.

Thank you so much 🙂 

Also I played violin for 7 years in school, but I do not play anymore

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Williger,

My fitbit versa broke - it seems to charge but nothing comes up on the screen, though it looks like the backlight is working. I emailed fitbit about it and they gave me a discount for a new device, which is nice, but when I asked about repair they said none of their shops would repair it (major bummer!). I've just messaged them about recycling options (I doubt they will have any). Plus mining for the metals in these devices has environmental and human rights issues. So I'd like to keep it as long as I can! Anyways, you said in your earlier message you'd be willing to share tips on repair? If you're still willing, I'd love to chat!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger  Good afternoon Williger. I have a Charge 3 that's face has gone dim. I'd rather not trash it and looking for a responsible method of recycling, if you're interested. Thanks!

Laray D.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I have a Versa 2 that has stopped working. Let me know if you could use it. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger  I have a charge 3 which works fine except for display.  Still tracks via app.  Happy to send to you if you give a mailing addy.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Williger -Are you still accepting? I have a Versa 2 that won't turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Williger 

I have a Versa Lite that has recently stopped turning on. I was trying to find a place to recycle it, but would be happy to send it to you if you can put it to good use. Just let me know and I will get it packed up and ready to go. I can also include the charger and the straps if they are also of interest.

Thank so much,

Bonnie

Best Answer

@Brauger Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, I'd like to recycle the Versa Lite and accessories for you, and thanks for keeping it out of the landfills! Your account isn't enabled to send or receive private messages (preferable for addresses instead of this public forum). If you click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger you should see a tick box for "Turn on Private Messages". Let me know if this works for you.

Happy Memorial Day!

Darren

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger   Hi Darren,

I can’t seem to locate anything regarding Private Messenger in my settings. My apologies for the difficulty.

A Happy Memorial Day to you too!

Bonnie

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brauger Hi Bonnie,

No worries, private messenger settings are tricky to find, this link should hopefully take you there directly. I'm on a computer, and unsure if the link works from mobile but can check shortly from the bike trails 🙂

Darren

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger Hi Darren,

I've looked on different devices and there is no private messenger option. Do you have another app you might use to communicate?

Thanks so much,

Bonnie

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find the private messenger settings either but would love to recycle my son's fitbit.  Let me know how to contact you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brauger I've tried the link on both a PC and mobile and took screenshots in case this is helpful?

Here is from the PC:

Enabling Private Messages (PC)Enabling Private Messages (PC)

Here is on the phone:

Enabling Private Messages from a Mobile DeviceEnabling Private Messages from a Mobile Device

Alternately, my Gmail address is my first name dot (.) my last name @gmail.com 

(username is my last name - see below pic):

Darren

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Chlobo66 you're not the first Fitbitter to not see private message settings, as they really hide them. I've created this link that will work from a computer or a mobile and here are screenshots of the settings:

Private message settings from a mobile phone:

Screenshot_20210531-211057_Samsung Internet.jpg

Private message settings from a computer:

Enabling Private Messages (PC)Enabling Private Messages (PC)

If neither works, feel free to write directly to my Gmail (pictured below). 

Thanks for keeping it out of the landfills 🙂

Darren

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes