Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

Hi Matt,

No good news. Because I liked it when I first got my Inspire, I switched to the Valerie clock face. I noticed my batter draining even faster than usual so I tried Stats Heavy - same problem. I was down to 10% and it hadn't even been 48 hours - that's faster than usual.

Something is wrong and it's unfortunate that so many people are having problems. 

After two calls to customer service, I am being sent a new unit, which I appreciate. I truly hope I have the same experience as others - that the replacement works much, much better. I'd like to get back to wearing and enjoying my FitBit, not constantly checking to see if I have enough battery left to tally my steps.

Moderator edit:  format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even after the clock face fixed. My battery is still drained after 2 days.  I charged it fully on Tuesday and now I’m at 38% on wed evening.  Probably could last another day but still..  how can I fix this. And I haven’t changed my clock face yet.  I’m on the one that you said to go back on while they were fixing it..  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some additional data points:

I let my Inspire HR die (no smiley face when pushing button, completely dead) then charged it overnight.

Battery lasts about 4 hours.

I noticed that the green LED in the back is never shutting off.

So I charged it again overnight and turned off HR. The green LED is not on at  50% duty cycle at what looks like 1 second per cycle. Took the device off my wrist and the green LED never turned off completely, for approximately 4 hours at which point the device was dead again.

I will call Fitbit tomorrow and request a replacement device.

At this point, it is not even useful as a paperweight because it is not heavy enough.

P.S. Tried restarting via instructions first, no luck. I then tried restoring the device to factory setting and repairing, again no luck.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Everyone is just reporting "bad battery life"  I know it's upsetting, but its not helpful, try different clock-faces each day and if the battery depletion is the same with each face, you can establish it's not the clock face doing it.
Mention what phone your Fitbit is connected to, maybe that will help establish whether more people are having a problem connected with an Android phone & App vs iOS.

Personally, I think there are just some bad batteries out there, but if you want the actual issue fixed (or just established), give them some actual details to work with 🙂

Best Answer

Here's some details for them.  These devices should be able to go a week without charging.

Why on earth do they think people want to recharge every couple of days?   That is absurd . 

A week. Start working on it. 

When you get this part right, Then, I might consider buying another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

...it says "up to 5" days on the box... 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

🙄 and you’ve never made a typo. Regardless of it lasting Up to 5 days, it’s still not living up to its potential. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a box of lies 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that would be helpful.  I did follow the suggestions in the links you sent with no luck.  Now, the Inspire does not reliably connect to my phone via Bluetooth.  It is not working well at all.

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just put valarie clock face on yesterday morning after being charged all night the night before.  I’m already down to 38% this morning.  It’s even worse now. May need to change back to the other clock face that gives me 2 full days..  😪☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got it a week ago & my battery died won't hold a charge at all.   Can we swim with it or not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the inspire, they don’t sell insurance plan at Best Buy And now it doesn’t charge. What the heck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer support. I called yester and they are working with me to see if we I can qualify as a warranty issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lots of luck—My battery is bad, my watch never shows how much I sleep, and some days my alarm works and some days it doesn't. Woke up 15 min late today….And yet I get zero useful help from. Wasted money and dangerous if relying on this watch.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also called Customer Support and they were very helpful. They verified that my battery life was consistently under 48 hours. They did some things and asked me to call back if there was no improvement. There wasn't any, I called back and they sent me a new device. I just booted it up this morning and so far, it seems like the battery isn't draining as quickly. I'll report back in two days to see if there is a significant improvement. If there is, that would suggest a bad batch of InspireHR devices.

Best Answer
My question is what does swimproof mean?

Theresa
Best Answer
0 Votes
What is the number????

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit , a few days after switching to the newly-reinstated Heavy Stats clock face, my battery usage has changed very little, if at all.  I’m happy to report that I’m on track to still get over 5 days on a charge. The last cycle, (which included one day of using the Heavy Stats face), I still had 20% charge left after 7 full days.

Best Answer

My battery life is 30-36 hours.I have tried restarting multiple times and the troubleshooting tips and I refuse to turn off functionality that I had with the Alta HR. What’s the point of having an Inspire HR if you can only use it as a watch to save the battery. The screen is also too sensitive and I find that I’m often “exercising”, usually  swimming, if I graze it as I go about my day. This device was a disappointing waste of money and I’ll be returning it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m going back to the Alta hr- perfect watch/ the inspire is horrible

Sent from my iPhone:mobile_phone:
Best Answer