Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire is auto syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire has recently started syncing automatically. I prefer to sync manually as I am in challenges and like to keep it private until I’m ready to share. Is there somewhere I can change this?  It started doing it this week. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Clover20 Thanks for stopping by! 

The tracker is syncing since it is connecting with the app. I suggest you don't allow the app to work in the background on your phone (check the battery saving settings) this will prevent it from being active and will avoid syncing with the tracker.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the info. After I sync first thing in the morning, I swipe the app off the screen. I only know it’s still syncing because the people I’m in challenges with comment on how many steps I have. Can you tell me more about the battery saving you mentioned. I’m not great with technology.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clover20 the configuration will depend on your phone but in general you can go to settings > battery performance. If you don't find it then refer to your phone's documentation to do this.

I'll be around.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for helping. I turned that setting off and restarted my phone. It’s still syncing automatically. I never had this problem before. I updated the Fitbit app on Aug 17. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clover20 thank you for trying my suggestions. The battery restriction should work as it completely stops the app from running. I would say you try the following:

Long press the Fitbit app icon on your phone.

You will see several options there, choose the App Info

On the new screen select Battery & Performance

Now select Background restriction

Select Restrict

If you don't see these options then please share screenshots of what you see on your phone.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is what I see when I press the app.

Thanks again for helping me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clover20 no image is attached to your reply. Could you try again?

You need to long press the icon (lets say for 2 seconds and you will see something like this:

AlvaroFitbit_0-1630251994078.png

There you will need to tap the App info option and continue with the instructions in my previous post.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There was no image attached to your reply either.

When I press down, that choice is not an option. If I continue pressing, all the apps wiggle to edit the entire screen.

Interestingly, the app did not continually sync yesterday. Today it is syncing again.

I appreciate your help. I may just go to the Apple store.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes