Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire is not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Inspire only showing time and steps nothing else. Cant swipe up to get miles,sleep,calories and cant hit button on side to see battery percentage

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Salzkorn, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Heart

Thanks for reporting the issues with your Inspire. Please try to restart it with the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart please let me know.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue, it started last night. Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer

Nice to see you on the Fitbit Forums @monkychik, welcome! Smiley Wink

You're very welcome, we're here to help. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I tried this and it did not revive my Inspire HR.  It appears the fitness tracker is dead in less than 4 months...

Best Answer

My Inspire HR is doing the same thing after only 2 mos-will not respond and only showing the clock.  Cannot access battery percentage either.  Tried restarting it multiple times per guidance above with no luck.  Worked just fine the day before.

Best Answer

Thanks so much! Mine was doing exactly the same and it is now sorted. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

VERY DISAPPOINTED. I just replaced my One with an Inspire last Sunday.  It wouldn't pair with my laptop (it will pair with my Android phone) and the display wouldn't come on unless I pushed the button.    I restarted it last Sunday and it would at least come on.  Again yesterday, the display quit coming on unless I pushed the button.  I tried to restart it with no luck.  I tried again today; it restarted and the display works again.   Also, I had ordered the stainless steel band, and it would not stay attached so am waiting for Fitbit to send a new one.

Best Answer

mine does the same thing. i can get battery percentage by holding down the button but we set it up this morning and the touch screen wont respond to swiping.

Best Answer

i tried that but it didnt work.

Best Answer

Thanks for this info! I was having the same problem and that fixed it right away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please delete.  I reposted with an updated outcome.  Thank you  

BTW, love my inspire HR.  It doesn't interfere with my other bracelets... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife had same issue with following data points (to help you guys figure this out)...

0. We discovered the problem in the middle of a run (she does not track exercise separately) 

1. The reset worked, and

2. The Fitbit app on the S7 phone picked up steps including the run, yay!

3. The inspire HR displayed the steps after 7-10 mins.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the same problem. Followed the advice but it didn't work. I press and hold for five seconds; the display shows the time for three then goes blank. When I stop pressing it doesn't show the smile icon and the problem doesn't go away. Any advice? 

Best Answer

I had to perform the five (5) second hold a couple of times. Actually, the
third time I probably held it for about seven (7) seconds, but it worked
that time.... Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much, really helped

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did the trick.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am disappointed that your recommended course of action did not get my Inspire to work.  It was a Christmas gift.  So is there any other remedy?

Ann

Best Answer

Followed you advice and it worked thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it worked out for you.

Funny, I had to reboot my Inspire this AM (04.22.2020) around 1000 PT.
Best Answer
0 Votes