Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire screen won’t scroll

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased a new inspire for Christmas. Was working for the first week. Now the screen will not scroll. I have tried resetting it. I have tried changing the clock face. Nothing is working. I am syncing it to an iOS device. It is tracking steps just fine. I just want to be able to scroll between the timer, clock, and alarm functions.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Hi @KChev I have flagged a moderator ro come and help you

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I just received mine yesterday and tge screen will not scroll no matter what I try either. 

it also randomly starts and pauses exercises and the timer. 

Best Answer

Welcome @KChevI'm happy to see you participating in the Fitbit Community Forums. @TinaSWV Thank you for sharing this information with us. Thanks for flagging @NellyG.

@KChev I've requested to our support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from customer support. They will be glad to give you a hand with this.

I'll be around in case that you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My daughters both received an Inspire HR for Christmas, and one of them has stopped scrolling. I've tried the restart procedure (charging, hold down the button for 5 seconds, see the smiley face) a few times, but this has not rectified the issue. What next?

Thanks

Best Answer

I logged onto my fitbit account on my computer and with the fitbit beside it I i unplugged the little fitbit chip plug from the side of my computer and then plugged it in again and it seems to have rectified the situation.  My fitbit inspire screen now scrolls.

My fitbit Inspire screen would not scroll from anything but the clock.  I logged into my account on my computer and with the fitbit Inspire beside it I unplugged the little fitbit chip thingy plugged into the side of my computer and then plugged it in again and it seems to now scroll and show everything again.  I noticed that it had been recording and showed my total steps for today even though I couldn't scroll to see them before I did what I described above.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Same thing with me!  Got my Inspire for Christmas and has been great until today.  It quit scrolling.  Please tell me what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What I did was log into my fit bit page on my computer and with my Fitbit inspire beside it I unplugged the little Fitbit chip thingy from the side of the computer then plugged it in again and my Fitbit reset itself. I even discovered that it had been recording all my steps up to that point even though I could not scroll down to see them.
Don’t know if what I did would work for you.
Good luck
Margot

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your help and response. An update for my issue 

After numerous phone calls and emails with customer support, they were unable to resolve my issue so my Fitbit was returned for a full refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you had the same problem and did what you did and it worked......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, but did this with my laptop and it worked. Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine for a little more than a year and the screen stopped scrolling. I’ve tried all the troubleshoots and nothing. 

Best Answer

my Inspire HR won't scroll as well for the past week

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s wonderful. I did the same - plugged the Fitbit into the power supply as if I was going to charge the battery. Then I put my iPad very close to it with the Fitbit app on and now I can scroll again! Thanks Margot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me. I tried both iPad and iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also doing that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same issue
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I remember plugging it into the charger and then pressing the side “button” until a happy face appeared on the screen. It then worked again.
Good luck👍

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

This reboot also worked for me but I've been having to do it time and time again (every few days) because the problem comes back so don't be surprised if you have to do it repeatedly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to agree that this process worked for me as well. You do have to hold the button down for several seconds 15 or so to see the smiley face. Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes