Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa won't connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 2 wont connect to Alexa app

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just went into the play store and left the beta program. When you do that you just uninstall and reinstall the non beta. Once u log in ur tracker will be already there.  It fixed mine and no problems since. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

See How do I set up Alexa on my Fitbit watch?

If have followed above, what exactly happens?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @Sethiec - During the setup process, you are prompted to log in to your Amazon account with your username and password. Were you able to do that? Or did you get an error message? If you can provide more details, I’d be happy to help. 

Best Answer
I was already signed into my amazon account. I keep getting error msgs and
my Pandora won't connect either
Best Answer
0 Votes

According to Fitbit my Samsung S10 isn't supported 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sethiec wrote:
I was already signed into my amazon account. I keep getting error msgs and
my Pandora won't connect either

"error msgs" - specifically and when?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Capture+_2019-09-16-08-40-40.png

 This is the error message I get

Best Answer

Same message I get 

Best Answer

Same here. Tweeted support. No reply yet. I tested with two Android devices: a Note 10+ and a OnePlus 7 Pro. Same problem. I factory reset both devices, deleted the browser cache per Fitbit's support page, same result. Interestingly I busted an old iPhone out of storage and it works fine on an iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this issue too. Using a Samsung S8. Have tried rebooting phone, logging in and out of Amazon on apps and Chrome (only browser I use). deleted my google activity, etc etc. Nothing has made a difference.

Best Answer

And dunno about others but I get it after I click the Alexa tile and then click "Log in to Amazon" (paraphrasing that).  I do not get to log in, as the above error message immediately pops up.

Best Answer

I found a fix for this that immediately worked for me. Turned out I was using the beta version of the FitBit app which I did not even realize I had been signed up for. I uninstalled the app, left the beta, then reinstalled the app. Was immediately able to connect to Alexa.

Best Answer
How did you identify that your app was beta?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went into the google play store and looked up the Fitbit app. The search only showed it as the Fitbit app, but when I tapped that to go to the app, in the app's description and such instead of just saying Fitbit it said "Fitbit (beta)" and when I scrolled down a bit it said 'You are in the beta' (or something similar) and asked if I wanted to leave the beta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I dunno if it said Fitbit (beta) in the description, but on the apps page it said it at the top instead of just saying Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That worked. Thank you!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Having the same issue with my note 10 plus. Everything works can even talk to fitbit on my echo. but will not connect watch to amazon account. since everything is working on fitbit beta a bit nervous to uninstalling and finding a non beta version . Do you have as software build number by any chance. the previous build locked me out for several days along with many other users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went into the play store and left the beta program. When you do that you just uninstall and reinstall the non beta. Once u log in ur tracker will be already there.  It fixed mine and no problems since. 

Best Answer

This worked for me 😁

Best Answer

Thank you. It worked for me. I have a Samsung note 9.

Best Answer