Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining fast on Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

When my Versa charged to 100%, I purposely left it on the stand for 20 mins more. But it shows 99% within one min after I started to wear it. Any ideas? Defective?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
438 REPLIES 438
I’m just a user just like you. Actually I’m no longer even a user, I wear anApple Watch now.
Listen, your Fitbit is broken. Call the company (Fitbit) for options.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My versa battery is currently lasting less than 24 hours. I fully charge it around 5pm and when my alarm goes off at 7am the next day it says I have low battery. I've changed my settings per the recommendation and restarted the device numerous times. I'm not sure what else to try. I've had the device over a year and this is the first time I've had this problem. 

Best Answer
I made this original post about a year ago. I am just a consumer and in no
way represent Fit Bit. My comments here are just my opinion.
Having said that; if you read the comment thread (assuming it is still
available) I think you see a trend. Your watch will work normally for a few
months or even a year or so. Then one day the battery will start draining
very very rapidly. There is no fix. If it’s under warranty and you talk
sweetly enough to the customer support they will replace your watch with a
reconditioned one or give you a discount to buy a newer version.
I finally solved my problem by buying an Apple Watch. Best decision I ever
made! It cost more money, it needs to be charged every day, but the
downside of those two limitations are well worth it. You decide if you want
to upgrade to a newer Fitbit and continue to deal with the issues of
battery drainage or change to a better quality product.
Best Answer

I got fed up with fitbit's subpar quality. My first versa was great but I wanted to swim with it as that was one of the supposed advertised features. It stopped working for a while and I guess when the water had dried up inside it turned back on but the HR monitor no longer worked and the screen was funky. Fitbit did send a replacement. However when they send you replacements they seem to send refurbished models, the screen on the replacement watch just kept swiping on its own. I got in touch again and had to fight to get another replacement as they were very reluctant. My original was a limited edition colour but when it came to the second replacement they didnt have that colour anymore so was sent a plain black - I mean it's annoying that I paid extra for the limited edition but I just wanted a fitness companion at this point so it was whatever. After a couple of months the second replacement started draining battery so quick I could only track about an hour of workout. I got the fitbit because of its battery life so this was a massive bummer. Was fed up at this point especially dealing with the fitbit representatives so I finally switched over to a Samsung active 2 and I LOVE it. I suggest if fitbit doesn't help you that you research another brand. I love my Samsung because it lasts me about 2-3 days and I can use it for more than just fitness - especially love the call feature 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When my Versa was submerged in water it became unstable and stopped working. Would hold a charge, etc. I bought a new one and this one has been holding a battery charge for 4 days on average. From all the strings, it does seem like there are some ‘bad” ones out there!
Best Answer
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa is not even a year old and I have turned everything off (which you shouldn’t have to do) and the battery still drains.  Took it off the charger at 1:00 am and it’s 12:00 pm and it’s already down to 78%.  If battery life wasn’t important to me I would have purchased an Apple Watch.  Seems like there are more and more problems with Fitbit.  

Best Answer
Just good advise. There Maybe some trolls out there but I can assure you
that I am not one. I am the one who started this thread many many months
ago. The information you’re getting from other users is simply the Apple
Watch, while more expensive, is definitely much better quality. But don’t
buy an Apple Watch. Get something else. I’m sure it will be of better
quality than the Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine finally took a dump. it shut off on me never went back on and when i
put it to charge it would heat up. I think this brand was a huge loss
Best Answer
0 Votes

I charge to 100% then 20 minutes Later without running any Application's the Battery is Completely Drained to Zero Percent. What can I do, Please Help. 

Best Answer
I ended up buying a new Versa 2 after having all my problems. I know I have a one year warranty and it seems that’s as long as they work? I would recommend buying the extended warranty. Somehow I think I “forgot” to do that. I see there are new models coming out that do more and more. Many on here have talked about switching to an Apple Watch...I really dont want to do that. Not interested in paying the $10 a month to stay connected, etc. Could almost buy a new Fit Bit yearly for that amount....

Sorry to hear you are having problems.!

Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kowens2013 

Seeing exactly the same. Device is over a year old. Was running perfectly then boom... it's consistently running of battery by 5pm. Suspect the last firmware update. This thread is 22 pages long. Wonder if anyone from Fitbit is paying attention. If so - please engage. 

Best Answer

Well my Versa is just over a year old and guess what, since the last firmware update the charge will not last more than 3hrs. Its got to be the Firmware update. I left it for a month or so before attempting to charge and factory reset then....exactly the same issue. 

I've had 3 types of Fitbits in the past, all 3 have been replaced at some point. 

Best Answer

My Versa has started acting up in the last 3 days. Previously it had great battery life but I charged it yesterday and it hasn't even lasted 24 hours! I think I updated it late last week and since then the battery is dying very quickly. Is this connected to the update or coincidence? Once I get it charged to 100% I will try rebooting it but not a happy camper - this is a replacement Versa for my original that barely lasted the first year before dying.

Best Answer
Hi,

I actually went in and changed the watch face that i had and disabled
refresh in the background and it really helped. I'm now able to go
several days without charging.
Best Answer
They are like air pods. They wear out. Seems hit or miss which Versa’s work and which do not.
When they punk out, don’t waste your time with the deliberately time-wasting troubleshooting process. They will drag it on for days. Do some,
But don’t pay them to waste your time.
I personally love my VERSA — the replacement one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 4th fitbit, 

I must be slow or stupid as I keep going back. 

Again I have a battery problem just 11 months in. 

I fully charge it, at 30% it just switches off. 

Same with 2 other previous models. 

I love the app & the features. 

I hope now that Google have bought the company that there will be improvement to quality. 

This one will be going back to the retailers for a refund as this model is no longer available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought the Versa a year ago. I am able to go about 3 days without charging. Even though it states its water resistant I am hesitant to get it near water!!! I too love the Fitbit and dont want a smart watch. So let’s hope they keep improving!

Sent from my iPad. 🌸

Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting and the details shared. 

If you experience battery draining difficulties on your Fitbit Versa, please follow the tips mentioned on this article to extend the battery life. If the battery life keeps draining after that, contact our Support team, they'll be happy to help. 

This thread will be closed, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

Hope this helps. See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer