Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pair Versa with a Galaxy S10

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy s10 and I cannot pair it with my Fitbit versa. I read somewhere it is not compatible with this phone yet. Is this correct? Will it be compatible soon..? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

Hello IDK777,

There are so many things that can prevent the notifications from coming thru, so I am going to start within the Fitbit App itself…

From the App Home page click the settings menu in the top right corner. Make sure you have All Day Sync selected. Just below that click notifications under the General section. Make sure that under Calls, Text, Messages, Email the right app is listed that you use to receive that information. If the wrong app appears that would be another reason the notifications won’t come thru.

Exit the app and then go your phone settings. Select Bluetooth. If you see Versa (not Versa Classic) click on the gear to unpair it and forget that device completely if you can.  Then go to your Versa Setting for Bluetooth and select Pair. Go back to the  Bluetooth  setting in your phone and turn it off and then back on, then go to the gear for Versa Classic and select pair.  Versa Classic will turn blue and then beneath it will say "Connected" When it is connected you will see the connected device in the Bluetooth setting of the Versa.  It won’t say Galaxy S10+ but a device number.

Also, this phone has a SmartThings app it must go thru to work. I believe this is key and it runs in the background. When connected properly you will see SmartThings Versa Classic on the slide down menu of your phone  listed right under the brightness control. If you go directly into the SmartThings app there is a 3-line menu located just above the word Kitchen. Click there and then select All Devices under General and there you will see the same devices that are listed in your phone settings under Bluetooth. There it will also say Versa Classic paired.  Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can pair it, I can't answer my phone with it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can pair my device for music but not my phone. You'd think Fitbit would have it figured out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my word, it worked!!!! Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got mine to work. Im so so HAPPY!!! I believe it was my settings on my Fitbit. My settings we disabled. I changed it and I started getting my notifications. Text messages, phone calls everything I set it for. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you So much for your Help 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed each step, and I'm still unsuccessful in receiving text message notifications on my Versa.  Is there something I'm missing?  I checked all my preferences.  It looks like my phone is connected to Versa and Versa is connected to my phone - yet messages are still not being received on the Versa.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

30 minutes later and some more fooling around with it - I GOT IT!  Thanks for the tips!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Excellent!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You thought it didn't take too much time.

Yes. It's the 6th of July and it still NOT working.

4 (four!!!!!) months have passed.

Fitbit what are you doing? Are you serious?

Do you think to do business this way?

Think about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it not tested in another 4 months?

Fitbit, are you serious?

Ask Samsung to help the team fix the issue and get Versa work with S10.

Fitbit is not making compatible its device with the high-end smartphone of the #1 seller in the world!

This is not the Fitbit company I knew.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm thinking the same

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure Fitbit and Fibit Classic are paired with Bluetooth on your phone and also thru the Smart Things app loaded on the phone. When you open the Smart Things app there is a three line menu at the top left.. Click other devices and everything paired there should also be paired under Bluetooth on your phone.

Also there are times when the notification feature has been turned off for whatever reason..Before you even do the pairing hold the button down on the left side of the Fitbit and make sure notifications are on..

This does work..Good luck

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you've got trouble, it's time to ditch Fitbit and get either the Active or the Galaxy Watch. I have both and even just the Active blows Fitbit out of the water.  I came from the Versa, and after so many reviews about it falling apart, I jumped ship.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Fitbit in the past (Hello, Charge 2 ❤️ ) but it's been all downhill from there including the app 'update' I saw.

Versa/Samsung s10
Best Answer

I know it was frustrating for sure but you did exactly what Samsung wanted you to do and I absolutely  refused to shell out another $200 for a new smart watch..I wish I had discovered  the solution earlier..but persevered  and it works like a charm.. .So don't  ditch the watch if you don't  want to throw your money away..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it working ! Samsung s10 to fitbit versa fine with calls, sms and and WhatsApp.

I used Samsung switch to transfer my data from my Samsung s7edge to the s10.  This is where the issue occurred I think. 

It works fantastic after I completed the following steps.

Uninstall the fitbit app on your s10

Go in to blue tooth settings tell s10 to forget your versa 

Go to fitbit webpage unpair your versa with your account

Now set up your versa like it's a new versa straight from the box

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my text messages to come through on the versa from my s10+

I went through all the steps including the SmartThings step and still nothing. I have tried everything! It’s connected to my Bluetooth and all my settings are correct. Any additional help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My only other thought is...
Open the fitbit app
Scroll to notifications
Scroll half way down to vibrate allowing notification even when phone is on
silent or do not disturb.

Hope that works for you.

I've had no issues since treating the watch as a complete new install.
Best Answer
0 Votes