Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1 - Firmware Release (70.7.14)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/9/2020

Hey, Versa Smartwatches family!

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the New Year. Before the holidays, we released this firmware out to 100%.

If you still don't see the update for Fitbit OS 4.1 (70.7.14) because it's brand new or perhaps was gifted to you for Christmas, please continue syncing the watch and make sure you have all-day sync turned on. You will soon after see the banner prompting you to update to this firmware.

Thanks for your patience and hope you continue enjoying this update! 

Fitbit Update: 12/5

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1 (Firmware Version: 70.7.14). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes a variety of new features and enhancements, including: 

• Smart wake: Smart wake will gently begin to wake you with subtle vibrations during the optimal part of your sleep cycle (during light or REM) within a 30 minute window prior to your pre-set alarm. This allows you to wake up feeling refreshed. 

• Clock face switcher: You will now be able to store up to five clock faces right on your device and quickly change from one to the other using the new clock face switcher.

• On-wrist Sleep Score: The score will now be available in the on-device dashboard that can be accessed by swiping up from the clock face. You can still see it alongside your sleep data within the Fitbit app after you sync.

• Exercise app improvements: The redesigned Exercise app will now display all 20 workouts in a new streamlined list on your wrist. 

• Battery notification: When your battery is running low, a new feature will automatically disable notification vibrations and if on, the always-on display on Versa 2 to preserve your battery life. 

• Agenda app: A new Agenda app allows you to see your calendar right on your wrist. 

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa/Versa 2 can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, Versa 2 or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite/Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
624 REPLIES 624
Shocking..., i shut down my watch and since restarted its been ok, just as
well as i have no clue to call here in the U.K
No longer get the exercise pics like before on the watch.
Big company should appologise and give some sort of compensation for
problems it has caused to customers.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I received the update, my versa battery dies in less than 2 days and previously it was 4-5 days before I had to charge it. This is very inconvenient. I have not changed anything I am doing with the fitbit. have not been playing music from it. I do get notifications on it, but I got them previously as well. I have not used any alarms, or tracking of runs, exercise, etc. I have tried turning off the awake on motion feature as well and that did not make a difference either.

I contacted support via twitter and did not receive any response. Very disappointed in the service I have received over the years. This will be my last fitbit I purchase.

Best Answer

Hi @kcudax , you can save your battery by disabling all the items in the Today screen, just a tip. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has firmware version 35.70.7.14. I have a hard time trying to get my phone to sync as is. It's been trying to install something fir the past 2 nights and all I keep getting is an error, failed to install message. This watch and app is getting on my nerves to the point that I am ready to take it back to the store where it came from 2 weeks ago and buy a different brand that does not have the issues this one has. It's a lot of money to pay for something that works whenever it feels like it. I was on the chat with support the other night for over 1.5 hours and they had me do everything with this watch, app, my phone etc. only to be cut off and then someone else pop on and expected me to tell them the whole thing over again and do all the same stuff over again. Like seriously, this is totally uncalled for. I am truly disgusted not too mention disappointed with this company.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports and I'm sorry for the delayed response. I'll continue helping you with your inquiries.

I appreciate any troubleshooting that you've tried on your watches and I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with them. The issues related to the watches not turning on unless the three buttons are pressed and the battery not lasting after a shutdown have been escalated to our team and they're currently instigating to bring a solution as soon as possible. Please know that every comment posted in the forums never goes unnoticed. Once there are more details, I'll update you.

@Patti64, @SunsetRunner, @rookstaci@kimkilly@Luroc@SusanaIb and @kcudax, thanks for the information provided and your efforts while working on this. I've shared your details to our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have case created with them. Since your cases are under review, I'd suggest to keep communication open with then, since they have already all the details to continue looking into this.

@Rassid, just to confirm, are the issues mentioned in your post being experienced with your replacement? Also, does the battery drain after shutting off your watch? About the syncing issues, please make sure your previous and current watches aren't appearing in the Bluetooth settings, reboot your phone and try syncing one more time.

In regards to your bike activity not being recorded correctly, did you use the SmartTrack function? I'm asking this as this function will detect certain activities based on the duration set in the Fitbit app, as well the intensity. If you stop in the middle of the activity, even if it's for a second, the detection will stop and your readings will be affected. You can either adjust the duration for that activity, or use the exercise app from your watch so you can manually start and stop an activity.

@Stanta, thanks for letting me know about your Versa. To further investigate, may I know if you see an error message when trying to sync? Also, what's your phone's model and OS version? Since your post didn't mention, please make sure to exhaust the troubleshooting described in this help article. Keep me posted.

@msp47. Thanks for explaining the issues that you've had with your Versa 2. About the battery life, may I know if this happens after shutting off your watch? If that's not the case, I'd recommend to check this help article, follow the tips and monitor your watch's behavior.

In regards to the reboots, does this happen when doing certain activity? If you haven't done so, please try manually restarting your watch . This will also help to correct any misbehavior related to the reboots and the heart rate accuracy. Let me know how it goes.

@roseluv59, let me help you with each of your questions. Your Samsung Galaxy A10 appears as a compatible device and you watch should be able to sync with it. Since that's not the case, I'd recommend to try the steps that are described in this help article. If the issues persist, let me know if you see an error message on the app so I can look into this.

To correct the language appearing on your dashboard, let's do some steps. First log out from the Fitbit app on your phone. Then go to your fitbit.com dashboard and make sure the language settings are correct. Once that is done, open the Fitbit app on your phone and log back in to check your details.

About your last question, the exercise app will now show a list of exercises instead of pictures. This was changed based on the feedback we received so you can have more options to choose from when exercising.

@Matthew_Warren, thanks for your feedback, as well for letting me know about your watch's behavior. Our team is aware that the weight and water data logged on your watch isn't updated correctly on the app. They're working on this matter to bring a solution to all our members. At this moment, let me suggest to delete the entries and re-add them directly to the mobile app.

In regards to the notifications, please swipe down from the top of the screen of your watch, tap the quick settings icon and verify the Sleep Mode and Do Not Disturb settings are off. Then remove your watch from the Bluetooth settings and set up the notifications one more time.

@shemou, thanks for your efforts while working on your watch and I'm sorry for the experience that you had with our Support team. I know where you're coming from and I'll be here to help you with this matter. Since you mentioned to have tried everything, could you please confirm if you've ever synced your watch to another phone, tablet or even a computer with Bluetooth? If your answer is yes, I'll need you to try one more thing with me. Please remove your watch from the Bluetooth settings from any device that you have with you. Then turn off the Bluetooth from those devices except on the phone that you'll use to sync. On that phone, please reconnect your watch as described here. If this doesn't work, let me know so I can further investigate on my end.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit

My watch was connected via bluetooth to my laptop. It still isn't working. I tried a test call and my watch will not even vibrate. My friend just sent me a text to test and it doesn't come to my watch either. I am super frustrated and disappointed with all of this. I have literally tried everything possible that was asked of me to try. 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit 

Sorry forgot to mention that I did remove the watch from bluetooth on my laptop. Oh and in the notifications, I keep getting an error message saying notification service not running for days now also. Phone restart is required. I have restarted my phone so many times over the past few days that I have literally lost count.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 

Oh and I also forgot to mention, that I went into apps on my phone to try and do a force stop and I don't even have that option as that button isn't lit, only the unistall button is. So how weird is that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new Versa a few days ago and its firmware is still 32.33.1.30 with no options to update. I have all day sync turned on and customer support says I have the latest version i can have at present, and they couldn't give me a timeline on when i will be able to update... I'm three versions behind and no one has been able to help me, any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the update on Friday. Now my versa 2 wont count my stair climbing Nd doesnt always wake when I tilt my wrist up or tap, or use the button. 

So frustrated. This was an upgrade after huge problems with my last fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was contacted by fitbit support to ask if I could do some tests for them. But I told them my versa is already dead and can't turn back on, so they asked me for my date of purchase, my versa was 1year and 2months old, I haven't heard anything back from support since.

My versa was working perfectly lasting 4-5 days the next day after the update it couldn't even last from 7am to the end of work day. It went from 100% to 0% about 5-6 times and then it could not be charged or started again. Charging for 2 days, hold back + bottom and holding all buttons for like 5minutes does nothing. Fitbit need better developers, letting the battery actually deplete to zero can kill batteries(the reason most phones wil turn off before 0%) and probably did kill mine.

In comparison, I also bought my wife a versa at the same time and she hasn't done the update, her versa is still working fine lasting 4-5 days.

I don't think I'll purchase another Fitbit again; I'll wait till apple can make a watch that can last 4-5 days. 

Best Answer

I have the versa and bought it 13 months ago. It was easily lasting 5-7 days ( used about 15% per day) without charging. After the update suddenly it won’t even last 24 hrs now. I’ve restarted it but to no avail. Not sure what to do. I don’t use 3rd party apps. I don’t really use anything other than the tracking.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
So true! They sent me a replacement with the old version and it’s been asking me update and I just ignore it and I’m gonna hold on to this version until this watch die and switch to another one device.
Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for visiting this thread and continue posting your inquiries. I'm sorry for the delay and let me help you out.

@shemou, thanks for sharing more details, as well for your continued efforts while working on the notifications issues. Our team has received reports from our members who are receiving the same message when trying to get notifications. They're working hard on that matter to bring a solution as soon as possible. At this moment, my best advice is to keep your watch and Fitbit app up to date so you can receive the fix once it's available.

@KZed and @Csar00, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this matter with our team. Since you're not being prompt to update your watch, may I know if the Fitbit app is updated? If so, let me suggest to sync every day so you can receive the prompt to update your watch. You can also go to the Fitbit app > your profile picture > Versa image to verify if the All-Day Sync is enabled. If after a couple of days you're not getting the prompt, reply back so I can further investigate.

@CeeRee, thanks for letting me know about the floors tracking and the screen issues. I understand your concern since you've invested in your Versa 2 and appreciate your feedback. May I know if the button feels stuck on the watch? If not, I'd recommend to turn off and on the screen wake settings, as well to restart your watch to correct any misbehavior. If this behavior persists, feel free to let me know.

@FBitHWGoodSWBad, I'm sorry that you've had this experience with your Versa and appreciate the time you took to work with our team prior posting. I see where you're coming from and your comments won't be taken for granted as they help us to evaluate our procedures and enhance your experience. In regards to your watch, I've shared your post to our team and apparently they've sent you an email requesting more details from you. Please check your inbox, spam and junk folders to find their email so you can receive further assistance.

@Halilee, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Since your Versa isn't holding the charge, may I know if this happens after shutting it off? Have you tried charging it with a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger to see if that makes a difference? Although you mentioned to not use other apps than the tracking, please check this help article, follow the tips and monitor your watch's behavior for the next days. Let me know how it goes.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 

Sadly, I only have another week before I am to return this watch and get my money back and buy something else. I have been more than patient trying to get something to work that has clearly had issues from the get go. I only wish I had known all of this before I purchased as I definitely would have not gotten this expensive watch because that is pretty much all it is right now. People have been complaining for many months and have been seeing the same answers given while reading through older posts asking everyone to be patient and a solution is being worked on. Well, to me it seems odd that Fitbit knows these issues have existed for all this time, yet, can't seem to straighten them out. I can not afford to lose over 200 dollars by continuing to wait for a fix. I will then not be able to return and get my money back, and I doubt that Fitbit is going to compensate me for it. I know this isn't your fault and you are only passing along the info as you get it. But you must understand our frustrations here. Keep my watch and app up to date? When it seldom syncs and majority of the features don't work, I don't understand what's to keep up to date. I do appreciate your help tho.

Best Answer
No the button does not feel stuck. I have done the soft reset. It is non
responsive to me tapping, the button, or me lifting my wrist probably 80%
of the time. When the screen is on, tapping doesnt do anything which it
used to.
Since the soft reset its started tracking some stairs but not most. It also
isnt picking up texts.
I'm so frustrated.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is the information about my software/hardware.

iPhone 8
iOS 13.3 (which is automatically updated and current
Versa - about 15 months old. not the Versa 2

When I first noticed the problems, I did not notice any error messages.
Now I'm getting messages like:
Looking for Device (for a long time and then apparently not finding the device and quitting)
Device not found (even though the Versa is on the wrist of the same hand with which I'm holding the phone)
Attempts to sync and then just stops without syncing
Syncing & refreshing for about 2 seconds and then stopping
Sometimes the device will sync the steps but not update the time.

Biggest issue is inconsistency. Sometimes the updates are quick and easy, others, a nightmare.

This is quite frustrating. I'm surprised that Fitbit has allowed this to continue so long without providing fixes in a new update. In these days of social media making it so easy to communicate consumer displeasure this seems to be bad policy. Although I have resisted going to the dark side of Apple, this experience has certainly made me consider the alternatives to Fitbit.

Stanta
Best Answer

@Stanta 

I too am having those issues as well as when it does happen to sync and I go to the notifications list, it has an error message saying that I need to restart my phone, which I have done soooooo many times. when it does happen to not have this message, I try a test call. My watch does not vibrate when it does the test call even though i have it set to strong vibration in the settings on the watch, I literally have to press button to see if it is making a test call, then I get nothing after that, it will not notify me when I get calls, emails or messages. Can't believe this company is ignoring all of these issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so dismayed as I read through all these posts - sooo many issues with this product. I had so many issues with my Versa over 12 months - the app couldn't 'find' my device, it won't sync with my Aria scales, and the step count is inaccurate by 9-10%. Not good enough for a product that has fitness and activity tracking as its primary function. So many hours wasted on chat / support. Anyway in the end Fitbit sent me a replacement. Great, thanks Fitbit. Except the replacement has OLD firmware 32.12.19 - and some of the features that I had on my old watch are not available. Then, I had to spend an hour yesterday morning trying to get my app to 'find' my device (again). It's like deja vu - I am seriously considering another product, which I know will cost me more money - but this product simply does not cut the mustard. I can't update to the new firmware to get my features back (although in reading the posts, I am not sure it's great either!) and have been told I just have to "wait" even though my old device had it and the version was released in May 2019. It is now January 2020. Come on, Fitbit.

Best Answer