Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
627 REPLIES 627

What's has gone on with the update to the sleep feature. It's awful. So confusing and just a mess. I am all for change if it's positive but this just doesn't make any sense.

Thoughts?

Best Answer

Versa 3 is basically useless to me since the last update. I use it primarily for Sleep information and not only is it less accurate but it's missing data. The screens are more difficult to read and understand and there is data that's actually missing such as a comparison to other users at my age. That information is no longer provided. It's made my watch useless and I'm going to have to shop for a different brand. There are so many things wrong with the previous update. Is it possible to send an update so that we can revert it back and have a useful watch again! You've ruined this for me. You fix something that wasn't broken and you've made this absolutely useless for the reasons that I need it! Please reconsider allowing us to return to the previous presentation.

Oh, and one other thing. What kind of company manufactures and sells a watch but won't provide a replacement screen! We cracked the screen and that means we have to buy a whole new watch?? Come on!

Best Answer
This is bringing Fitbit in line with Google's "light and space
movement"-based design aesthetic "material you"

They care not one whit that if we wanted this we would have bought google
wearables instead of Fitbit.

Unfortunately the big GPS company has terrible sleep tracking, and the best
sleep tracking is supposedly from the evil fruit as well as an honourable
mention for that ridiculous and expensive fitness finger ring thingy.

Equally unfortunate is that I bought a new charge 5 shortly before they
started trashing the app. I'll stick with my side-loaded older version for
now. I'm not going to get the equally evil fruit company watch, and sleep
tracking is probably my most used feature with the possible exception of
calorie tracking so that means the GPS company watches aren't a good fit
either.

Not sure what I'll do when my charge 5 dies.

I guess I'll just have to be a normal person again.
Best Answer

I hate the changes made to the sleep monitoring. This is so confusing and I can’t see my sleep for the week. I have insomnia and need to know when to take something because my sleep can be so long for days at a time. This new change is useless to me

Best Answer

Yes. And I don't like it at all

Best Answer

Among all the other mind-numbingly thoughtless modifications it now seems that the sleep portion no longer catches naps.  I did a lot of yard work earlier today and around 3:30 PM laid down for about an hour.  I was definitely sleeping for most of this hour.  However, where previously Fitbit would catch an afternoon nap and add the time asleep to the daily total, it appears that functionality, among many others noted here, either was removed or no longer works.  I know the arrogance of the development team will not allow for it to happen, but so many things have been screwed up they should reinstate the previous version (actually 3.9 if I were to be honest to fix what they screwed up last September) and rethink the modifications to the sleep portion of the app.  Running ideas by the community, while clearly a novel and never considered approach, might reduce that level of anger and angst over changes and possibly ultimately provide something meaningful and helpful to we who have relied on this product and application to monitor and manage our health and activity status.  Trust has been broken and like with any relationship, trust broken is very hard to repair.  For many, myself included, it will require a real effort to right the wrongs perpetrated on we users if there is any hope of halting the migration away from Fitbit and any other Goggle device.  The clock is ticking.

Best Answer

The new update is terrible! Hard to read , difficult to understand. Doesn't show the benchmark as well as it used to. I liked the individual graphs for rem sleep, activity & light sleep! Please give us back what we had!

Best Answer

The update to the sleep section of the Fitbit app is a backward step. I’m so disappointed that it’s been changed. Please stop messing with the app. The layout of it has always been one of the key reasons why Fitbit has had such a big advantage over the fitness wearables of rival manufacturers. The recent changes are definitely eroding that margin. The information and layout are now harder to read and less intuitive - not at all an improvement I’m afraid. Please, please revert to the old layout.

Best Answer

I agree, I forgot to mention that in my post. What were they thinking???

Best Answer

The new sleep tracker chart is much harder to read than the previous version. 

Best Answer

Since the update my sleep time starts after midnight no matter what time I go to sleep. This means I’m now averaging about 4.5 hours of sleep. The new graph I’m not a fan of but will get used to it. 

Best Answer

LIES! PROPAGANDA! The Fitbit app has gone steadily downhill since Google acquired it. 1st, the activity section lost the ability to record a bunch of useful activities making that section of the app unusable. Now, the sleep section is harder to read, spread out over several screens, & does not display benchmarks! To post positive information about this app is dishonest & betrays an unhealthy bias. Tell the truth--Google has ruined a useful application & refuses to correct its errors!

Best Answer

The update is horrible for sleep tracking!  It's umpossible to read and "benchmark" isn't there either.  Why do companies insist on fixing something that isn't broken?   Please, please put it back to the way it was!!!  

Best Answer

Why is it so hard to get a sleep score? It’s supposed to give you a sleep score if it’s able to track your sleep for more than a few hours. My Fitbit does good at that but I don’t get the sleep score. 

Best Answer
It is awful!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I hate the messy new layout. The previous layout was clear and easy to take in. In addition it gave an overall sleep quality verdict 'good', 'average' and 'poor' which I really liked. Can we pls have the old layout back.  

Best Answer

You cuks have gotten thousands of message to go back to the last version. Bet I’ll just bet you fat bastards won’t do. I challenge you, no double dog dare you to put it back the way it was, a user friendly and quite pleasant feature of your great app. 

yall effed up so go back and fix it!

Best Answer

Why would that have changed. Please re-up the former view. It is not helpful. 

Best Answer

Complete and utter boneheaded failure on the new sleep format of the app… what in the world is FitBit thinking, perhaps Google is trying to sink this ship, that’s how bad a move this was!!!

Best Answer

@chipfrazier exactly :hundred_points:!

Best Answer