Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Music Storage - Pandora & Deezer Deactivation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good day, how will we be able to listen to offline music on our Fitbit with the Pandora & Deezer Deactivation end of March 2023? The reason of having a watch with music storage is so that we don't have to take our phone with during our exercise sessions.

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Has anyone else received this  or is this true ?  I got an email saying  the below

hovering over the link Deezer and Pandora link it does appear they go to a fitbit.com site and not obvious click bait spam.   Overall I hope Fitbit can provide the random music mixes I love. 

We noticed you’ve used Pandora or Deezer within the past 6 months and wanted to share an important update. Pandora and Deezer will be removed as of March 31, 2023. This means you will no longer be able to download Pandora stations or add Deezer playlists to your device, nor will you be able to play anything that you have previously downloaded.  We’re sorry for any inconvenience! Please contact (links were here)  support if you need help managing your account.

Best Answer

@ColoradoJoe It says contact support if you need help. Going to chat support through fitbit.com rather than clicking the link, should be able to tell you in about 2 minutes if it's true. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received. How will be able to load music in watch storage now?

Best Answer

Wasn't the ability to load music into watch storage already removed in October?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also searching for this answer.

This is the only reason I subscribe to Pandora.

Best Answer

Same here. I have a Pandora account mostly to play music on my Versa 2 and now Versa 3. I would like to know if Google/Fitbit initiated this or did Pandora initiate this? If this was a decision by Google/Fitbit then I think this is finally the end for me with Fitbit. Their paywall for data (Fitbit Premium) is over priced and now the removal of on board music storage is the final straw. I will never sign up for YouTube music (which what I suspect this is all about). I’ve loved Fitbit over the years but there have been fewer and fewer reasons to own one as each year passes. My Garmin Venu SQ (which I received at Xmas) stores both podcasts and also stores full albums from Amazon Music to listen to offline.  Also all my health data (which is extensive) is free to access without any paywalls. I really hope it was Pandora that made this decision, if not, my time with Fitbit has reached the end. I’ve been a user since Dec 2016 too. 

Best Answer

I have worn a Fitbit since the day they arrived on the market. I have tolerated multiple replacements when they have failed as they have always done exactly what I wanted. My Fitbit may have even saved my life when I was able to show my doctor that my RHR was consistently low. However, if Fitbit remove the ability to play music, I will be abandoning my Sense and will be buying smartwatches for myself and my wife (who also has a Fitbit.) And no, these will not be a Pixel watch!

This is not the way to treat loyal Fitbit customers Google! You are destroying a good product. I am not happy 😬 

The Garmin Venu SQ looks like an ideal replacement for myself and my wife if Deezer stops working on my Fitbit. Thanks

Best Answer

Sure. Garmin even has a Deezer app since you already use Deezer. Just make sure you get the music version of the Venu SQ. There is also a Venu SQ 2 music edition that just came out a few months ago. New watch with OLED screen. Mine is the older version. Good luck! 

Best Answer

@Versa2User2022   Can you please provide the source of this announcement?  I looked at many of my usual sources, including an internal one and can't find an announcement.

UPDATE:  I got a response from my internal source that, yes, this is true.  Both Pandora and Deezer are being deactivated.  Fitbit already changed the specs in the Fitbit Store for the Versa 2.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I also received the same email from Fitbit this morning. Email looks 100% legitimate. 

Best Answer

I agree. The only reason I have the Fitbit is for the Pandora option. If I cannot use it, then I would have been much better off with another device, and I would have chosen differently in the beginning. Please let us know more details and give us some options of how to proceed from here. Thank you. 

Best Answer

@ColoradoJoe   I can confirm from a source at Google that the email is legitimate.

@MarkMM   The ability to load personal music was removed in October.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lindsaygard   Please check your email for an announcement.  A different user got an email that started with, "We noticed you used Pandora or Deezer in the last six months ..."

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

This was literally the only reason I got a fitbit in the first place, to not having to bring my phone.

Between this and Strava integration being broken for months it's clear that Google has decided to make Fitbit a worse product. Shame on them. They probably hope we will upgrade to a Wear OS watch. I will go to manufacturers who care more about their customers.

Best Answer

Really disappointing move by Fitbit. I'm able to return my Versa 2 until 31st January, so that's exactly what I'll be doing. If you're not able to listen to music then what's the point.

Best Answer

This is crazy.  I guess back in October they disable us to be able to download our own music 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/6/23294990/fitbit-ending-support-music-transfers-pcs-and-macs-connec...

But now this.. makes no since.    

Best Answer

Perhaps they are going to provide a YouTube music app and then expect us all to pay for another subscription? You'll be hearing adverts on your runs next. Not me. If this Deezer shutdown happens it's bye bye Fitbit

Best Answer

I am gutted too, my ionic was recalled which I could download my playlists too, forced to purchase a versa 3 and later learnt I had to subscribe to Deezer with extra costs. 3 of my fitbits packed up on me just outside of warranty so I think this is definitely the last straw for me. My exercise group all use fitbit and feel the same. We will all be searching for a new non-Fitbit device going forward 😡😡

Best Answer
Versa 3 was advertised that it had music storage capabilities through Deezer. Now that feature is being taken away. I count this false advertising. Spent over $200 on this watch for it to be useless. Either give us the capability to store music as advertised or give us a refund to shop for a product we expect to have features we need.
Best Answer