Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side button not working and battery drain

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my side button stopped working yesterday and mow my battery is draining very quickly.  I have tried shutting it down and turning off Bluetooth but it isn't working.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Rebecca82  - did you try to Shutdown the watch from the Settings menu, wait 10 seconds then place on the charger to restart and charge it? And also restart the phone.

The battery drain seems to be a known problem from the latest firmware update - here are some options you can try to improve it by eliminating options you don't need for now How to resolve the Major issues causing short battery life. 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This started happening to mine 2 days past the warranty period.  (squints eyes suspiciously).   Found my solution in the forum under a similar question.   I let the battery on the watch drain completely.  Just put it on the counter and forgot about it for a day.  When I charged it up the button started working again.  Hopefully the battery drain issue is also fixed.

Best Answer

Hi @ricoricorico  -  thanks for confirming a Shutdown / restart fixed the button issue.

It is unlikely to change the battery drain issue, you will need to address each of the items in the link already posted.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hey Guy_, just to make it clear, it wasn't a shutdown/restart.  I had tried that.  Had even done a factory reset.  None of those fixed the button problem.  I had to let the watch battery drain completely.   And judging by my overnight battery use the problem with battery drain has been fixed too.   

Best Answer

I am experiencing exactly what you have described. Gonna try letting the battery die overnight and charge again tomorrow. In the past I’ve seen this described as a “deep discharge”. I wonder if the side button not working is like it’s depressed all the time contributing to the battery losing charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
LoraBob, that's what I was thinking too. I'm not really surei if it would
be a physical issue with the switch/sensor or with some software subroutine
that got stuck in a loop, but either way it seems draining the juice does
the trick - or it did for me anyway.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked! So happy to have my watch in action! Thank you!!! 

Best Answer

It worked for me too way back when. And I haven't had an issue like that since.

Best Answer
0 Votes