Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

I can give you an update right now! For the first time ever my Versa 2 is 100% charged! It would always stop at 99% wich was so annoying.

Best Answer

I have slept since the update, but I don't see the O2 variation graph in the sleep section. 

Best Answer

Aw really 😞 I was hoping that it would have been in this update 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked this morning and no, no O2 graph here either.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you participating in this thread and welcome to our new members. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to report this new update released for your watches and the changes that you've seen after installing it. Our team released a new OS update 4.1.1 (32.70.7.14) just for the Versa 2 which includes some improvements on its performance. You can find more details in this help article. Your feedback shared in this thread is appreciated and be sure that has been passed along to our team.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer

Hi Lizzy

Thanks for your post. My version up until yesterday was 35.70.7.14 but is now 35.70.7.21 after yesterday's update (on my Versa 2).  So is that update 4.12, 4.xx ?  In any event ...

what does this new update do.  It doesn't seem to provide the SpO2 graph, which we've all been waiting for.

regards

CBV2

Best Answer

Hi lizzy,

I to have been waiting on the Sp02 graph, is there a update on this please.? And I also have the versa 2 and after doing the update don’t really see any noticeable updates at all.? Thanks for the reply 

Best Answer

After installing the update 24 hours ago, and just waking up I can report that my touch screen is not working anymore. I alredy had occasionally problems with the old version. Sometimes it did not respond for a minute and sometimes it would do ramdom actions which resulted in switching screens rapidly end ended up in a locked device. But this morning it does not respond at all. Rebooting does not help and since the touch screen does not work I can not do a factory reset. My versa 2 is one month old. ... I am not pleased. 

Best Answer

I have noticed a few things from mine after the update that I am not happy with.

most times with wrist movements it will not light up only when I press the button.

i went to look at time at one point and the watch was not lighting up at all, I have to hold side button in and restart.  

Best Answer

This probably a silly question but is your Screen Wake setting in Settings set to Auto(Motion)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a problem a while back, with my original Versa, which from memory was sort of similar to what you report, and it turned out to be a problem with the clock face.  I reset that to the original and the problem went away, and then I selected a new face and that was fine. Unfortunately I cannot recall what I did to get out of the locked screen situation but I eventually got it to work after some fiddling about.

Best Answer

Hi there @CBV2 yes it is set to auto(motion) so that when I lift my wrist it will light up to show me the time. I just don’t like it lighting up and showing me a preview of my text messages say like when I am driving and then my passengers in the car can just see it lighting up ever time I get a text etc. Without me even turning my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess you could change the "Do not disturb" setting to avoid seeing the messages, but then that would rather defeat the purpose of having notifications.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
An hour ago I sent my watch back for repair. After uninstalling every app
and clock-face, multiple reboots, delete from Fitbit app and pairing again,
the watch still has a mind of its own. When it is just lying on the table
it lights up and starts switching screens. Spooky.
Back to my Vector Luna again 😕 Didn't even need to charge this one, since
it was charged less then 6 weeks ago 🙂
Best Answer

Ditto. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Set screen wake to manual. It will then activate when button is pressed or tapping twice on watchface. Check notifications & vibration so you'll know when notified. 

Best Answer

Will one of the fixes this update includes be that text messages will go through on the Versa 2 from Android devices? No matter what I try I cannot get text message notifications on the fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's great to see you in this thread and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for your continued reports about your watches and your efforts while updating them. This new Fitbit OS 4.1.1 - Firmware (32.70.7.21) was released for the Versa 2 and it'll progressively rollout to all our members. To know more about what it's included, please check @AlessFitbit's post at the top of this thread.

For the ones wondering about the Estimated Oxygen Variation Levels, known as EOV, I'd recommend to check this help article where you'll find further details to understand this feature and how it works.

@AirwinB, I'm glad that you were able to return your watch and thanks for sharing the issues you were experienced with it. If you need anything else, feel free to let me know.

@G4RY0, thanks for your feedback about the preview messages displayed when receiving notifications, as well for restarting your Versa 2. I see where you're coming from and be sure that every comment posted in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to implement improvements in our services.

About your watch, please confirm if you're still having issues with the screen not lighting up when bringing your wrist into a viewing position. That way I can help you out with this matter.

@CBV2 and @rc3, thanks for your great suggestions. Your posts are very helpful!

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 

Ever since the new firmware update 35.70.7.21 last week my versa 2 keeps restarting on it's own. I'll feel the vibration and Fitbit logo appears. Or I check something my Fitbits freezes and a few seconds later restarts. 

Best Answer

Hi I have Samsung S10 and it would not pair with Samsung message I added the google message and made that one as default and it works for me. 

Best Answer