Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 watch has been having intermittent problems that got worse over time, and as of right now it's unusable.

The issues started out with a lot of crashes and restarts, failed updates, and intermittent syncing errors. They've never been constant, but it does seem to crash a few times a day at the most. Sometimes when it would come back up, the home screen would say something along the lines of "clock error, go to the app to pick another clock face."

The more noticeable issue is that starting a few days ago, the screen would sometimes not respond to touch inputs, and restarting the watch would fix it. It's been getting worse, and today, the touch screen does not respond at all, even after restarting the watch. The screen does turn on and off using the side button, but I can't interact with the screen. The watch also syncs normally.

I successfully updated the firmware yesterday, but it has no noticeable effect.

Is there anything else I can try?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
108 REPLIES 108

I am having the same issues, I have tried all the above items and no luck

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem my Versa 2

Any idea how to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Send an email to Fitbit.com. Customer support Explain your issue They will take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

U can’t fix it.  I contacted customer support and got it replaced 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm  also having the same issues. Trued to reset but it failed as I wasnt getting the long vibration after the 8 second press the pause for 2 sec and press again.

This is rather frustrating.

I'm  also having the same issues with a versa 2 . I tried to reset but it failed as I wasnt getting the long vibration after the 8 second press the pause for 2 sec and press again.

This is rather frustrating 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Fitbit versa two for only two months. I use the basic Fitbit clock face and haven't added any apps. It started freezing last week and now the touch screen rarely works. I have tried a reset and a factory reset and nothing has worked. I don't feel like I should even be having to do these resets after having it for 2 months...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Funny, mine just started acting up today. Still get notices and phone calls, but the only screen that will show is part of the Settings screen. Unable to reboot, so will see if running the battery all the way done and recharging will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help... My Fitbit versa 2 was working fine until about an hour ago. It started vibrating on my arm and then there screen went whacky. It had lines across the screen. The green light was on the back at first, but now nothing. ☹️👎 I've tried resetting - nothing. It's dead.  I've tried multiple times to reset it, but it is dead. What an I to do? I got it as a gift in November 2019. Help please!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer service. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Send an email to Fitbit customer service and explain your issue. They will have you do a few things and If they can’t get it to work they will send a replacement. I went through the same thing. They were very nice a bout it and by now they know there is a real issue with them.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with my versa 2 that I just bought a brand new watch two weeks ago. I followed the steps to do a factory reset and I’ve called for help 3 different times, but I have the same problems. My Versa 2 refuses to remain connected for syncing, updates or even downloading apps. The red X always pops up on the watch and my app says it is not able to connect. Is there any way I can get this problem resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen = datake not cleared Sync & try again..Trying to reset with same message return 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new versa2, holiday present, has finally taken a dive and all I see is the Fitbit logo. It’s charged, hasn’t been dropped, hasn’t been submerged in water or not handled and I can’t see anything nor connect. Tried the factory reset and nothing. What a disappointment when I rely on this device so much. Waste of money if it can’t be fixed and no one answered my direct communication 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Send an email to customer service. I had no problem getting a replacement and they were quick to answer my problems.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re welcome

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems and it is becoming very frustrating. I have tried everything that has been discussed and nothing! What is the purpose of the watch if i am not able to access the screen? What are my next steps because my watch is not even a year old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit just started doing that also. I have did everything that he has done.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fitbit customer service and tell them what is going on. I received a replacement that corrected my issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Versa 2 for approximately one year and it has began not responding to touch. Will receive messages and screen lights up when pressing button and tilting towards self. Tried reset and no progress. 

Best Answer
0 Votes