Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 watch has been having intermittent problems that got worse over time, and as of right now it's unusable.

The issues started out with a lot of crashes and restarts, failed updates, and intermittent syncing errors. They've never been constant, but it does seem to crash a few times a day at the most. Sometimes when it would come back up, the home screen would say something along the lines of "clock error, go to the app to pick another clock face."

The more noticeable issue is that starting a few days ago, the screen would sometimes not respond to touch inputs, and restarting the watch would fix it. It's been getting worse, and today, the touch screen does not respond at all, even after restarting the watch. The screen does turn on and off using the side button, but I can't interact with the screen. The watch also syncs normally.

I successfully updated the firmware yesterday, but it has no noticeable effect.

Is there anything else I can try?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
108 REPLIES 108

Fitbit,

Sending another defective device is not a solution. It just assures that we will have the same issue later. Maybe give an option of sending another model or a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they take away the faulty one to fix and replace ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No they told me to keep it and they sent a new one!!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using Fitbit Versa 2 from a year and a half. Looks like issues start popping up one after the other after an year of usage. May be it's due to the cheap price tag these devices come for (when compared to other major brands like Apple) they stop working after a while. 

For someone who continue using same devices for long, Fitbit is not an option I would recommend. I am not happy with the support as well. Giving a 25-35% discount as the current device is not working is not an option a customer expects from a company like Fitbit. Its not what we call Customer Service. 

Customer/ Consumer would expect either the issue is resolved or the device be replaced. This is not the way you back your customers. Sorry Fitbit, I am Extremely unhappy with your Customer Service. Definitely this is not the way to deal with customers. 

Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing in January 2021, less than six months after I bought it. I jumped through all of their hoops to get it going and they eventually replaced it with a “refurbished” model which didn’t work at all - just a black screen! They refused to refund me because I’d bought it from Amazon, but have now sent another “refurbished” model, received just today, but haven’t tried yet. It was either accept that or only 50% off a new watch! I felt that I didn’t have any choice, but I’m really disappointed with this service. I couldn’t believe that I have to accept a “refurbished” replacement for an expensive watch less than six months old!!!

Best Answer

Hello there I also have a problem with my firbit versa 2, it's not responsive, can't be reset, and the screen gone black, the only visible light is underneath. Can you please tell me what I can do to sort this out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I can’t help! I gave up when I received the second refurbished model from Fitbit as a replacement for my new, faulty watch and contacted Amazon as I’d bought it through them. After I’d explained the problem with Fitbit, Amazon was excellent and gave me a full refund. I’d be very reluctant to buy another Fitbit and am looking at Garmin alternatives. Fitbit should be able to talk you through the reset if you call them. Good luck! 

Best Answer

Hi, I have a Fitbit Versa 2 and I am trying to turn on my Fitbit. I have tried everything on the Internet. I charged it, does not work. Held the button for 8 sec, for 20, nothing(no Fitbit logo showed).

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing your experiences and steps you've tried. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. For the ones that keep having problems, please try the following:

1. Restart the device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Switch to a Fitbit clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

If the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. 

As of now, this thread will be closed, bear in mind that you can always create a new thread.

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer