Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 3 will not restart no more and customer support can’t help since I’ve had this watch for few months over a year. Unfortunately, this was the third Versa watch to die on me within four years, all due to internal failures. I take good care of my watches but maybe the product is not meant for a daily usage! Looks like major reliability issues with Fitbit products .

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @AlainLahaie - your watch may indeed be faulty but if there were no sudden signs it can simply be a charging issue, see this link How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Hi,

The watch was fully charged just minutes before it started acting. First it
wouldn’t turn onto the exercise mode so I did a manual shut down and it
never restarted. As it is trying to restart, the Fitbit logo keeps coming
on and off with a very short vibration but it doesn’t get any further than
that.

Thanks
Best Answer

Hi there, @AlainLahaie. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's sad to hear that your Versa 3 has stopped working. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration. I understand how you must be feeling as your Versa 3 is not that old and you've been taking good care of it. 

Please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy  is set into providing as much coverage as we can. For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty 

Even though I truly appreciate that you've taken the time to come here and share your experience, please note for this kind of inquiries/cases/process, there's no so much we here in the forums can do for you as this is something that our Support Team handles based on our policies. Nevertheless, please feel free to reach out to them again if you need further assistance or clarification regarding the outcome of your case. 

@Guy_ Thank you so much for trying to help!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I’m sorry but I really don’t agree on the reliability of Fitbit products.
Every problems I’ve had with the different watches seemed to be some kind
of software issues and the so many comments expressed on your community
platform tend prove me right.

My goal here was mainly to express my concerns among the Fitbit community
and hopefully make users realize that Fitbit is not a so good product after
all.
Best Answer

My Fitbit Versa 3 has done the same thing. I've charged it several times and reboot however it won't get back the Fitbit logo.  Feeling very frustrated. I'm curious if this is due to an update. 

Best Answer

This just started happening to my Versa3 yesterday. Flash the logo, vibrate, go black. Repeat. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue and versa 3 stopped working all of a sudden.  The logo won't move and it stayed on forever.

I think since tge Google has taken over the Fitbit there are only issues with the watch .

I don't know how to fix it now 

Best Answer

I had same issue now as well

Best Answer
It really looks like a software issue. I don’t know how they can fix this
or if they even have some willingness to do so their customer support
wasn’t much of help and they offered me a ridiculous 35% discount!

I’m definitely done with Fitbit.
Best Answer

It's all malpractice of Google as now they want to sell their garbage on fitbit.com.

I will never buy any fitbit or google products from now on.

We should all boycott this Google **ahem** as this is way they kill small companies and then take advantage. 

How the heck fitbit can stop all of a sudden except Google sent some kind of software to Kelly the unit.

Ridiculous and i

Best Answer

Now after I spoke I got also 35% off which is also ridiculous offer. I bought my fitbit on March 2022 so it is under 2 years but apparently for North America the warranty period is 1 year. Europe customers get 2 years so I don't know why we get only 1 year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch has the same problem.

I charged overnight, this morning, just a non-responsive Fitbit logo.

I tried a restart. No change.

I tried a factory reset, but can't due to unresponsiveness, the button very rarely makes it vibrate.

It feels like I have to press an imaginary button very hard 

Any ideas please

I assume this is under warranty as I got it for my birthday in June.

Best Answer

@altafch It's a consumers rights Law in Europe. It's not Fitbit being more generous to them than us. 

Best Answer

Hi @simonm74 - it seems it is under warranty so try chatting via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support for help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread is full of people who have posted over this past weekend as their Fitbit Versa 3 has malfunctioned.

I last synced my fitbit 2 days ago, then put it on the charger and have come to find that it has not registered any charge.

When I plug it in, the screen wakes to show 0% then goes back off. Trying to hold the button to reset doesn't work, the contacts in both the watch and charger are cleaned regularly and overall I take great care of my device. I have even tried changing plug locations as well as trying different USB chargers.

Its funny that the weekend of Christmas has resulted in a lot of users watches to suddenly stop working?

Best Answer

Hi @AMcD1 - did you check the suggestions as posted above in particular the charge cable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guy, thanks for trying to help but I have tried these basic pointers already before I even knew this was online; the watch detects when it makes contact however it fails to push through to charge. I was able to eventually restart the watch twice but the second I take off the charger it dies, even if its been plugged in for quite a time - its like the battery isn't holding anything. It has since given a cold warning however this is indicative of the watch being at fault as its not cold!

I have resorted to plugging in my Blaze which I haven't used in 3 years and have had since 2017, its almost finished charging and looks to be working perfectly for its age!

I will think after this, that my next watch may not be a Fitbit...

Its a shame as I was a loyal customer for many years!

Best Answer
I did everything suggested and nothing works. Very coincidental there are
so many customers experiencing the same issue. 3rd Fitbit to stop working,
will never purchase again.
Best Answer

Were you able to resolve this? Mine is doing exactly the same thing, and reset doesn’t work. I’ve had it for over 4 years and I’m not sure it owes me anything (and it needs a new band) but still, it would be nice to resurrect it if I can.

Best Answer