Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

@Densand I wish it were available, I might need it someday but it isn’t.  Not for Fitbit and not for Apple.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you contact them when i to the help it comes up there is a fault and won’t connect

Best Answer
0 Votes

They should offer repair at a cost which they dont so the watch is now garbage not good  business 

Best Answer

In the warranty that comes with the versa, it says they will only take the watch if it has defected, they even say they have spare parts to fix the defect. From what I read many of you have been told that they don't have spare parts. Is this the image FitBit wants people to see of them: A lying company?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The warranty states they will repair or replace. You're turning that into they say they have spare parts and we are being fooled, or did I miss something? I have a replacement on the way now. Never heard of anyone being down waiting for repair. It's always replace one way or another. I don't think that proves they can repair them. It's their warranty contract. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I have given up on the versa as I couldn’t find any way to contact them
, I have now got an Apple Watch so don’t need the versa my crack must have
been a fault as it was never dropped or knocked, I don’t think much of
their service which is a pity as I really liked the watch .
Best Answer

I dropped my ipod within a week of purchasing it and cracked my screen.  I brought it to the Apple Store and they gave me a one time replacement device, then told me to go forth and sin no more.  I was not disappointed, but I was more careful.

Best Answer
Well that is customer service
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the 45 day warranty by Fitbit?

I woke up this morning to find a crack on my Versa—the most bizarre and upsetting experience since I have only worn it for less than a month (purchased it 31 days ago but didn’t have it set up and didn’t wear it for days). I even bought a screen protector to prevent scratches, never thinking about cracks. Now I’m at a loss. Don’t know what to do...

Best Answer
0 Votes
They won’t cover a cracked screen in that 45 day window. Mine broke in that
time and they said too bad here is a discount code buy another one.....
Best Answer
I think they have awful customer service there is something wrong with the
screens if they crack for no reason
Best Answer

Hi, I have a screen protector for my versa - unfortunately I've just damaged it today - don't know how but I must have done something as it has a spider crack in it - I'm gutted! No way I can afford a new one!

Best Answer
Hi I think there is something wrong with the versa so many people report
cracked screens and they won’t cover them, I was lucky enough to be able to
afford an Apple Watch but really I think versa has terrible customer
service.
Best Answer
0 Votes
There customer service is awful. I would never touch fibit again. And adv anyone I speak to, to go elsewhere and look at other company’s. Their customer service is awful. I too saved up for an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I completely agree
Best Answer
0 Votes

There was similar threads on the Blaze forum. I have a 3.5 year old Blaze I never cracked. I almost didn't try the versa due to the complaints about the screen cracking. I have had a Versa about 7 Months now, no cracks. A lot of people seem upset and surprised that cracking the screen isn't covered by the standard warranty. Perhaps if they knew up front, they would have been more careful?

Best Answer
0 Votes
or maybe we wouldnt have bought it lol????
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why lol? Not buying would have surely been an option, but at least you would have had knowledge you currently didn't get until after the fact. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I should have done more research on the poor build of an expensive product.
Lesson learned I trusted their previous builds were more durable. Their
customer service really has suffered. Who builds a product with no repair
options. Just sucks to be you. I would have paid for a screen replacement
option but that isnt an option. Poor planning in my opinion and many others
If you read the forum here it's far from just me complaining. It's a sports
watch yet they dont sell the rubber bumpers or screen protectors to protect
their poor design. Missing the boat there also
Amazon sells them smart business. Not everyone knows this stuff is out
there.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree